Ideal World returns policy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

minnietheminx

Registered Shopper
I've made a few purchases from IW, but it's always been items I wanted to keep.

My friend wants a JML iron, which IW sell. Do they have a 30 day MBG like QVC? Would she be able to use the iron and return it if she didn't get on with it, for instance?

It's cheaper on Tesco Direct, but I would not be able to return it for her once she's used it. I just want to make sure she doesn't get lumbered with a dud.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes it's a 14 day money back guarantee, you can use the item and return it if you're not happy, then use the free returns slip you get with it to return the item back free of charge through Asda, hope that helps.

Yes it's a 14 day money back guarantee, you can use the item and return it if you're not happy, then use the free returns slip you get with it to return the item back free of charge through Asda, hope that helps.

Wow! Free returns too? There's an Asda relatively near to here, so that is a very good thing to know. Thanks shopperholic.

Wow! Free returns too? There's an Asda relatively near to here, so that is a very good thing to know. Thanks shopperholic.

Yes it's still free returns, apparently the 31st is an error because it's a regular thing they're doing. Before it was free returns it was only £1.49 to return you're item anyway because you could order a Collect + label with your order, but yes it's still free returns. Hope you like what you're buying.

It seems other companies are doing the same thing....had a flyer through the door today from Yours clothing company, and they say that any returns of items bought from their website can be taken to your local Asda store.

14-day MBG but be warned that the customer service is shockingly bad and offshore - be very sure to get proof of postage or other return method in case there's a query.

Their CS is offshore, but there's no need to ever ring because they answer any queries by email in 48 hours, always fast and efficient and free. I returned a couple of tops before the free track able returns, they came to over thirty pounds and Sod's law, I lost my receipt but good enough, they emailed me saying because I'm a good customer they'll refund me, I thought thank you very much, it's nice to see loyalty rewarded, because QVC always used to do that. :mysmilie_15: yeah right. :mysmilie_15:

Yes it's still free returns, apparently the 31st is an error because it's a regular thing they're doing. Before it was free returns it was only £1.49 to return you're item anyway because you could order a Collect + label with your order, but yes it's still free returns. Hope you like what you're buying.

It's my friend's birthday - a big birthday - and she told me she would like a Phoenix Gold steam iron. I'm a bit gutted that she wanted a bliddy iron :thinking:, so I've bought her a big bottle of Veuve Clicquot and my cousin and I will treat her and her hubby to a meal.

If she decides she hates it, I'll take charge of the return and hope for a straightforward experience. Thanks again for all the replies. Bit of a mundane product, however.

It's my friend's birthday - a big birthday - and she told me she would like a Phoenix Gold steam iron. I'm a bit gutted that she wanted a bliddy iron :thinking:, so I've bought her a big bottle of Veuve Clicquot and my cousin and I will treat her and her hubby to a meal.

If she decides she hates it, I'll take charge of the return and hope for a straightforward experience. Thanks again for all the replies. Bit of a mundane product, however.

Aw that sounds lovely, I've got the Phoenix Gold and it's the best iron I've ever used so I think you'll be ok there, but like you say you can always send it back, IW are quick giving you your money back. Enjoy the day, I'm sure it'll be lovely. :mysmilie_14:

The couple of things I returned and only after using them for a year, one was refunded and one replaced with a new model. Both within a week.

Phoenix Gold is cheaper in both Currys and Argos. The delivery is cheaper too or even free and can be far quicker (you can get it delivered the same day with Argos) or just buy from your local stores and save even more, well over £10 on Ideal World's overall price!:mysmilie_59:

Ideal World £39.99 & £5.99 P&P (a pure ripofff delivery charge)
Currys £33.25 Free Standard Delivery or £3.95 Next Day Delivery
Argos £34.99 & £3.95 P&P Same Day

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/phoenix-gold-ceramic-steam-iron-plus-dryer-balls-378618?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Phoenix%20gold

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-appliances/ironing/irons/jml-phoenix-steam-iron-gold-10147891-pdt.html

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4535928.htm

The couple of things I returned and only after using them for a year, one was refunded and one replaced with a new model. Both within a week.

They're brilliant for changing products, the first Pearl I bought developed a fault after fourteen months so they sent me a return label, I asked for a refund because I bought another one and sure enough, money in my bank in under a week, you can't knock that for service eh.

Latest posts

Back