Illuminage Laser Treatment for Lines & Wrinkles TSV 12/05/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser for Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Item Number: 401229
QVC Price £442.00
Today's Special Value Price £351.00
P&P £7.95

A gentle yet powerful at-home treatment, the Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser delivers pulses of laser light to facial wrinkles around the mouth and eyes, offering a very precise application with a specially-designed lens that ensures the energy penetrates the skin at the right depth. Take on the sands of time with this effective at-home device.

Proven effectiveness - in a clinical study, 78% of test patients demonstrated a significant improvement in the appearance of peri-orbital fine lines and wrinkles after two weeks, with 95% demonstrating a significant improvement in the appearance of peri-orbital fine lines and wrinkles by 12 weeks.

Extended 90-day money back guarantee - we have tripled our money back guarantee to 90 days on this item so that you can really put it through its paces.

Suitable for all, except those with dark and very dark skin tones
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Voltage: 5V
Laser device (h x w x d): 23cm x 12cm x 6cm (9" x 4.7" x 2.4")

What's in the box?

Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser device
Base charger
Power cord
Travel bag
User manual

How to use:

Use the Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser five days a week, for approximately five minutes a day
Recommended for use in the evening, just before bedtime
Use for 12 weeks to get optimum results
After this, you can reduce your treatment routine to two days a week to maintain the benefits

Preparation:

Cleanse and dry your face - clean, dry skin is critical for optimal results
When using for the first time, plan your treatment - identify the wrinkle areas you would like to treat on your face. Make sure you treat the whole area around the wrinkle for best results

Treatment:

Turn on the device - keep your finger on the on button until the device switches on. Choose your energy level - low or high by pressing the on button again. We recommend that you start with low if using for the first time
Place the tip of the wand in contact with your skin - the laser will automatically flash when it comes in contact with your skin
Move the tip 1⁄4 of an inch to the next area of skin. The typical number of pulses per treatment area is 40 pulses
A daily treatment typically takes 4 to 5 minutes, but it depends how much of your face you treat

After treatment:

Apply a gentle moisturising cream
Some people experience a little warmth after the treatment - this is completely normal and by the morning this should have disappeared

Please note:
This product should not be used on skin that is infected, irritated, burned or cut, or by those currently taking antibiotics.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.401229

I love that JF keeps saying that the reason we all need this latest gismo is that much as we all apparently love our serums and creams from Gatineau, Decleor, Elemis etc, "they don't do anything about the lines and wrinkles". At last an honest statement about the "premium" skincare ranges - JF has actually admitted that they don't do what they claim. Keeley, Fiona and Andrew must be horrified! :mysmilie_19:

The picture of before and after just shows a bit of redness which has plumped the area by the eye .My derma wand has the same effect or you can use tapping on the face which I used to do with some daily facial exercises.They worked but you have to keep it up and I think most people tend to have a break because it becomes labourious and time consuming.I found that if I tried to go into a twice a week holding mode I quickly stopped and once you stop the effects wear off.

I would never buy another facial device because it would end up in the drawer along with the hair straighteners ,tongs and other gadgets I never use.

Waste of money IMO. As you age your skin deteriorates and no amount of cream or gizmos is going to,stop it. The main reason to use a moisturiser is to help keep your skin supple it will not get rid of wrinkles.

It's a shame that some people are made to feel self conscious and that it's a sin to grow old gracefully..............or in my case, disgracefully. :mysmilie_17:

Whilst moisturiser helps with keeping the skin supple, the sooner that the beauty industry admits/realises that wrinkles etc are more likely to be linked to genetics and sun worshipping etc, the better. The majority of these expensive gizmos don't hold back the signs of ageing. If they did then there would only be one of them on the market and there would be no need to have loads of different brands. In my opinion, it adds to people's insecurity as we get older. Age happens to us all and no one will have a skin like they did in their teens (unless it's been stretched to an inch of its life by plastic surgery and implants.)

I know that I'm lucky because, despite my age, I only have very fine laughter lines round my eyes, no number 11s and no noticeable wrinkles. But that's down to my genetics, the fact that I have never sunbathed and wear factor 30 all year round and the fact that I drink a lot of water. It is not down to expensive face creams and wrinkle zapping gizmos.

I love that JF keeps saying that the reason we all need this latest gismo is that much as we all apparently love our serums and creams from Gatineau, Decleor, Elemis etc, "they don't do anything about the lines and wrinkles". At last an honest statement about the "premium" skincare ranges - JF has actually admitted that they don't do what they claim. Keeley, Fiona and Andrew must be horrified! :mysmilie_19:

That's interesting but gotta say that creams + serums are much better today!
Nope, don't do Gismos!!!!! :mysmilie_5:

I agree I've been using moisturiser since I was 16 and never used soap. I still cleanse and moisturise and sometimes use a serum and can see results ,but they are more softening effects and I'm realistic enough to know you cannot stop the skin ageing. I don't have really deep wrinkles and I believe that is because of my lifelong moisturising habit.We are not avery wrinkled family fortunately .

I agree I've been using moisturiser since I was 16 and never used soap. I still cleanse and moisturise and sometimes use a serum and can see results ,but they are more softening effects and I'm realistic enough to know you cannot stop the skin ageing. I don't have really deep wrinkles and I believe that is because of my lifelong moisturising habit.We are not avery wrinkled family fortunately .

Yes, I'm the same and started using good old Nivea Cream and other fairly cheap brands from early teens! Also, did major sunbathing back in the day and thankfully don't have many lines or wrinkles either! Big believer a lot of it is Genetic and therefore have never been drawn to these 'Skin Gadgets'. :mysmilie_59:

There are some things that are proven to work on wrinkles (like medical strength Retin-A). Unfortunately, QVC can't sell them because in the UK you'd need a prescription. Thus the Q just peddles lies and ineffective potions. Admittedly, many of the creams feel nice ("the TEXTURES!" as our Beauty-Expert-Qualified-In-All-Areas regularly screeches) but no-one could seriously claim that any of them are worth 20 quid or more. Most of the gadgets are necessarily compromised for home safety purposes so I can't see them having lasting effects.

There are some things that are proven to work on wrinkles (like medical strength Retin-A). Unfortunately, QVC can't sell them because in the UK you'd need a prescription. Thus the Q just peddles lies and ineffective potions. Admittedly, many of the creams feel nice ("the TEXTURES!" as our Beauty-Expert-Qualified-In-All-Areas regularly screeches) but no-one could seriously claim that any of them are worth 20 quid or more. Most of the gadgets are necessarily compromised for home safety purposes so I can't see them having lasting effects.

Yes, sure there are proven things out there for serious skin concerns! Most things you can buy either on QVC or boots are Gadgets + Gizmos! I know people who have tried some and they have done sod all!!! :mysmilie_1:

I'm in my late 50's, I wash my face in the shower with whatever else I happen to be using at the time, and rarely remember to apply any moisturiser, let alone serum or oils (despite having a drawer full of Decleor products ...). I use sunscreen only when the weather is sunny, and when I'm overseas. By rights, I should look like a badly decomposing prune.
Happy to report, thanks to inheritance of oily skin genes from mum, I look much younger than my age and have only very fine lines.
As a teenager/twentysomething I cursed the acne which came along with it, but once that had moved on, everything's lovely!
As an aside, I worked for years as a nurse in the field of Dermatology. Our consultant Dermatologist used to say; 'There are only two fundamental problems with skin. It's either too dry, or too oily. If it's too dry, the treatment is emollient, and if it's too oily, the treatment is detergent.' His other pearl of wisdom was 'Chocolate only causes acne if you rub it on your skin'.

Like already mentioned I started with Nivea back in the 60's, and Mum used to slap Vaseline on her face every night, which DID work wonders. The last few years I've sworn by my monthly Caci salon treatment, and salon 'strength' does work, - home gadgets are a lower voltage for safety so will never give the same results. Save your money.

Latest posts

Back