In The Kitchen TSV 26/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yay! I've ordered the silver set. The copper pan I ordered yesterday couldn't be cancelled, so will be returned.

Can't wait.

Jesus, had to lower the volume because the demonstrator's voice is cutting right through me.

Last edited:
Madcatman I love the silver ones as well and it's a good price. I paid over £30 I think for one Flavourstone pan with lid (but it IS the best pan ever). Let us know how you get on with them.

CC

Madcatman I love the silver ones as well and it's a good price. I paid over £30 I think for one Flavourstone pan with lid (but it IS the best pan ever). Let us know how you get on with them.

CC
I'm so happy it was available in silver, as I don't have anything copper or brass in my kitchen. My range cooker is navy blue, so silver will look amazing with it. That large pan is going to be well used. I currently use cast iron cookware but my iron pots aren't quite large enough. The red set will look great at Christmas but I think would look a bit too red for the rest of the year. Black was too contemporary. Plus my cottage can be dark like a cave sometimes, so I need something to reflect the light. It's a pity I couldn't cancel the copper pan I ordered yesterday. Will I have to pay to return it? I might gift it for Christmas if so.

Yay! I've ordered the silver set. The copper pan I ordered yesterday couldn't be cancelled, so will be returned.

Can't wait.

Jesus, had to lower the volume because the demonstrator's voice is cutting right through me.

I switched off. Tried to watch about 01:10 but Miss Shouty Knickers WOW!!!
She was in full flow. Didn't even hear Pipa but read elsewhere she was loud and excited.

Too many of them are too loud for me these days.

Dont like non stick always fails and I don't want the bits of plastic in my food. Switched to stainless steel uncoated years ago.
My lining of my Cooks Essentials pan set started to flake off a couple of years after I bought them from Shop! in 2001. They're going in the bin once my new pans arrive.

I agree, Boffy. I have a couple of Circulon pans that are holding out well, otherwise I rely on my trusty old (very old - bought when they first appeared on the scene) Stellar steamer and pans. I paid more than they are now but they've stood the test of time, so money well spent even so.

The main saucepan that I use, usually daily, is a non-stick one. I got it from Asda and it cost about £6. I’ve now had it ten years and the non-stick surface is still in perfect condition. That’s one reason why I won’t fork out for an expensive pan set because what I’ve got (albeit cheap) works for me. 👍

I switched off. Tried to watch about 01:10 but Miss Shouty Knickers WOW!!!
She was in full flow. Didn't even hear Pipa but read elsewhere she was loud and excited.

Too many of them are too loud for me these days.

All the dogs that live by me started howling this morning, I though eh up, Pipa/Pippa/Pipppa must be presenting, had a quick look and yes there she was in full flow shrieking at Simon Brown how “amazing” two ceramic oil holders are........she really should get out more. So after 20 seconds of complete and utter BS from Pipa/Pippa/Pipppa over the channel goes.

I do like Simon Brown though and could listen to him all day, when he can get a word in that is, he’s easy to listen to and seems a really nice genuine guy.

They are supposed to have a lifetime guarantee.

Get them all replaced for free then sell on eBay as brand new for Loadsamoney :)
Hello neighbour. I've had hens that lasted longer than my Cook's Essentials. I have no way of proving I bought them from Shop! (the original shopping channel on cable) in 2001. The channel no longer exists and only two pans remain from the set. It's not worth the hassle.

All the dogs that live by me started howling this morning, I though eh up, Pipa/Pippa/Pipppa must be presenting, had a quick look and yes there she was in full flow shrieking at Simon Brown how “amazing” two ceramic oil holders are........she really should get out more. So after 20 seconds of complete and utter BS from Pipa/Pippa/Pipppa over the channel goes.

I do like Simon Brown though and could listen to him all day, when he can get a word in that is, he’s easy to listen to and seems a really nice genuine guy.
I like him too. Did he start out on Shop! too? I know him from somewhere. He's been around for years it seems.

The main saucepan that I use, usually daily, is a non-stick one. I got it from Asda and it cost about £6. I’ve now had it ten years and the non-stick surface is still in perfect condition. That’s one reason why I won’t fork out for an expensive pan set because what I’ve got (albeit cheap) works for me. 👍
I love a bargain, especially when they outlast much more expensive items. I bought a replacement pan from Home Bargains for £12 I think. I don't think it even claimed to be non-stick, but it just is. I use metal utensils in it all the time and no damage has been done. It's a keeper.

Latest posts

Back