Indian Wells Tennis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
The first 1000 Masters of the year is about to start girls!! Live coverage begins tonight on SKY Sports 4 at 9.30 and I'm excited already especially as this will be the first real test for Rafa. He's been playing really well in the three 500 tournaments he's already played and he completely crushed Ferrer in Acapulco last week, did you watch that match Janie, he was magnificent! He's had two wins already this year but this tournament is the start that will really test him properly and put him up against the other three main players and he's looking great.

A few seeds knocked out last night, including Ferrer. Going to make for an interesting tournament, I think.

Every time I see something about Rafa's comeback I think of you, PPC. :hi:

Thanks Lippy I love to be linked to Rafa even in such a tenuous way lol. :mysmilie_61: I was gutted when Ferrer got knocked out :sad: it was ridiculous because I thought he would have the match in the bag despite losing the first set. He usually bounces straight back so I really can't understand what went wrong for him. I was also sad and shocked to see Tipsy go out.

I watched Federer's match against Istomin who really didn't stand a chance and I have to say Fed is in great form even though he doesn't really do it for me. I didn't stay up to watch Nadal cos it wasn't due to begin until 3 am and I'm past it all that burning the midnight oil now :yawn: but I recorded it and watched it today and he won convincingly against Ryan Harrison, a match I was a bit worried about seeing as it was Rafa's first hard court match since his return but my boy did good. :nod: Your boy :puke: is playing later and I believe it's the second match so you won't have a late late night to watch him, and yet again the jammy git has a relatively easy draw in this tournament. He's playing a Russian called Evgeny Donskoy and I've never even heard of him :wonder: so unless Gitface trips over his laces he should sail through the match.

Well Janie, and Fraggle if you still read the forum, our lovely boy did it in style last night with a superb win against Del Potro 4-6 6-3 6-4!! :mysmilie_378:He proved he's back with a bang on hard as well as clay and I'm already looking forward to seeing him perform in another 1000 Masters in Miami next week, live coverage begins on Saturday on SKY Sports 4 at 3 pm....yippee!! :rock: And I'll be starting yet another thread where I'll be talking to myself again. :grin: This trophy was a bit too big to bite. :wink:

_66448164_raf_getty.jpg

As soon as Del Potro beat Djokovic in the semi, it was Nadal's to lose. Sour grapes from me? Maybe. Not too big to admit it. And do you know, I nearly put a bet on Del Potro beating Murray in the quarters. I just had a feeling...

As soon as Del Potro beat Djokovic in the semi, it was Nadal's to lose. Sour grapes from me? Maybe. Not too big to admit it. And do you know, I nearly put a bet on Del Potro beating Murray in the quarters. I just had a feeling...
No Lippy, not sour grapes at all. Djokovic is the best player atm and if he had been in the final instead of Del Potro it may not have gone Rafa's way. Del Potro had a fantastic tournament and I hope this year is a very good one for him. Murray's 2013 won't be as successful as 2012 when his nemesis wasn't around.

Phew, it's okay, no injury worries.:whew: Rafa is just taking his return steady and resting his knees and body in preparation for the clay. He did chomp the trophy after all. :grin:

I hope you are keeping well Sue. I haven't been around in quite some time!

What a year for our boy though eh? I watched the US Open Final and the SF of the French against Djok from behind a cushion with my fingers crossed lol

Latest posts

Back