Inflation?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bigbean

Registered Shopper
I see the Mr Christmas novelty tree mugs and spoons are back on sale but over £11 pounds dearer than last year!!

Last year - Mr Christmas Set of 2 Nostalgic Ceramic Christmas Tree Mugs in Gift Boxes Big Deal Price £15.96 + post

This year - same set £27 + post

Was annoyed I missed getting a set last year but am not paying 70% more than last year 🤔

Maybe they will be reduced, Bigbean? Can you remember if the £15.96 was the full price last year?

I won't be buying any more Christmas bits pre Christmas as I usually buy when they are in the sale post Christmas. I like Alison Cork items as she designs in a victorian style which I love but the quality is not always there.

For years I’ve been trying to get a decorator so used the same Christmas theme always saying I’ll change once I have a new colour scheme. Finally got it done in May so will be on the look out for something different.

Although I hate Christmas Mr L insists we decorate the house and I’m one of those people if I’m going to do something I bliddy do it full on!

Me too LATI, and I used to when I had a house full, but everyone has died now so my Christmas is just a few bits in the hearth and a little bit of table decoration. When I was first on my own I did put some deccys up, but its all an effort now, so the less I put up the less there is to take down, and there's only me to look at it.

Me too LATI, and I used to when I had a house full, but everyone has died now so my Christmas is just a few bits in the hearth and a little bit of table decoration. When I was first on my own I did put some deccys up, but its all an effort now, so the less I put up the less there is to take down, and there's only me to look at it.
My like comes with a massive empathetic hug Brissles 🤗

I`ve finished my Christmas shopping and buy items throughout the year as and when I see something. Plus I look for sales or discount codes. I don`t spend a fortune on anybody and my granddaughters are both teenagers so they get a few small gifts plus some money to spend on clothes or whatever. My sons and their partners are all in good jobs, have nice homes and earn a lot more than my pensions so they only get either a few small gifts or a joint larger gift.
I also buy for Mr V`s son and 2 of his grandchildren but they get no more or less than my own do. Mr V also gives them some money because the 2 grandchildren are teens and his son is divorced, lives alone and his only interest is fishing so he generally spends what his Dad gives him on fishing related items. Mr V`s daughter and her children haven`t spoken to him nor contacted him for 5 years which hurts him like hell but she fell out with him simply because he refused to stop speaking to her ex husband. She chucked her ex out, moved her boss in after having an affair with him which had been going on whilst she was married and is now remarried and her ex husband did nothing wrong and was in the dark over her affair just like the rest of us.
I don`t do Christmas decs or a tree. It`s a small house and the ground floor is all open plan right the way through and no doors only archways and we have a giddy labrador plus a tree climbing cat and the first and only time I decorated the lounge/dining area I got up the following morning to the tree across the other side of the room, baubles spread everywhere and the cat tangled in some lights plus the dog`s bed full of ripped crackers and other bits chewed up. I`d have to hang a tree from the ceiling to keep it safe !

That's sad for Mr V that his daughter and her children don't talk to him. It must be difficult for him at Christmas time, especially. I won't comment more, because it's none of my business. I have a new kitten and she is very destructive. She has lots of cat toys, but prefers to shred my curtains and un-pot the plants I have under the gazebo in the garden. I have nurtured those plants for months, but in one afternoon she ruined the lot. My question is: has your cat calmed down as she has aged? I just hope my cat will not always behave in this way. She is 4 months. Any comments?

I see the Mr Christmas novelty tree mugs and spoons are back on sale but over £11 pounds dearer than last year!!

Last year - Mr Christmas Set of 2 Nostalgic Ceramic Christmas Tree Mugs in Gift Boxes Big Deal Price £15.96 + post

This year - same set £27 + post

Was annoyed I missed getting a set last year but am not paying 70% more than last year 🤔
That's a shocking price increase.

That's sad for Mr V that his daughter and her children don't talk to him. It must be difficult for him at Christmas time, especially. I won't comment more, because it's none of my business. I have a new kitten and she is very destructive. She has lots of cat toys, but prefers to shred my curtains and un-pot the plants I have under the gazebo in the garden. I have nurtured those plants for months, but in one afternoon she ruined the lot. My question is: has your cat calmed down as she has aged? I just hope my cat will not always behave in this way. She is 4 months. Any comments?
My cat is 16 Griz and has always been a hunter killer and a climber. When she was a kitten she shredded my curtains, chewed through cables and got stuck in several places she`d managed to squash herself into. I had to stop feeding the birds because she kept killing them even with a bell on her collar and she could always be found up high on roofs or in trees.
She no longer regularly kills things, only now and again but she still climbs and in Summer she spends most of her day on the shed roof. She has a thing about knocking items off windowsills, fireplace, sideboard or shelves, you name it and she`ll knock it off. Birthday cards get knocked over and sat on, pens gets rolled and then dropped, the clock has had to be rescued more than once and Mr V has a rucksack he takes to work with him and as soon as he gets home she goes and sits in it even though he hangs it up high. She just seems to like heights and anything which moves is fair game to her. Plus she`s very small and agile and as the vet once said "she may be little but my goodness she can move fast " as he tried to catch her after she`d clawed him. Good luck with your little one and fingers crossed he/she doesn`t turn out to be a whirling dervish like mine.

My cat is 16 Griz and has always been a hunter killer and a climber. When she was a kitten she shredded my curtains, chewed through cables and got stuck in several places she`d managed to squash herself into. I had to stop feeding the birds because she kept killing them even with a bell on her collar and she could always be found up high on roofs or in trees.
She no longer regularly kills things, only now and again but she still climbs and in Summer she spends most of her day on the shed roof. She has a thing about knocking items off windowsills, fireplace, sideboard or shelves, you name it and she`ll knock it off. Birthday cards get knocked over and sat on, pens gets rolled and then dropped, the clock has had to be rescued more than once and Mr V has a rucksack he takes to work with him and as soon as he gets home she goes and sits in it even though he hangs it up high. She just seems to like heights and anything which moves is fair game to her. Plus she`s very small and agile and as the vet once said "she may be little but my goodness she can move fast " as he tried to catch her after she`d clawed him. Good luck with your little one and fingers crossed he/she doesn`t turn out to be a whirling dervish like mine.
I love a cat story! How’s that little tinker your son’s family got a couple of years ago? (You posted pics.)

I love a cat story! How’s that little tinker your son’s family got a couple of years ago? (You posted pics.)
That was Moth who was also later joined by Moose. Moth was the tabby and their first cat and he only has eyes for my oldest granddaughter. He sleeps with her and hangs out in her bedroom when he isn`t out patrolling his territory. He`s been neutered but still gets himself in trouble with other cats and just recently had a hole in his cheek which had obviously been caused during a fight. He struts like ten men and you can see his cattitude a mile away.
Their other cat Moose is the complete opposite, calm, gentle, a home bird and scared of his own shadow, he is a Mummy`s boy and adores my DIL who treats him like a baby.
Their old collie died a few months ago and they now also have a dachshund/pomeranian cross pup who came about when my DIL`s brother`s dog became overfriendly with a friend`s dog behind their backs. The cats never batted an eyelid at the new addition but the pup thinks they should play with him but they won`t. Here`s a pic of the new addition taken when they first got him a few weeks ago .
durphy.jpg

That was Moth who was also later joined by Moose. Moth was the tabby and their first cat and he only has eyes for my oldest granddaughter. He sleeps with her and hangs out in her bedroom when he isn`t out patrolling his territory. He`s been neutered but still gets himself in trouble with other cats and just recently had a hole in his cheek which had obviously been caused during a fight. He struts like ten men and you can see his cattitude a mile away.
Their other cat Moose is the complete opposite, calm, gentle, a home bird and scared of his own shadow, he is a Mummy`s boy and adores my DIL who treats him like a baby.
Their old collie died a few months ago and they now also have a dachshund/pomeranian cross pup who came about when my DIL`s brother`s dog became overfriendly with a friend`s dog behind their backs. The cats never batted an eyelid at the new addition but the pup thinks they should play with him but they won`t. Here`s a pic of the new addition taken when they first got him a few weeks ago .
View attachment 24551
Perfect! Thank you for my cat (and puppy) story fix! I remember the name Moth now as well.

They must be very hard-hearted cats - how can you not want to play with something with a face like that?? Still, that’s cats for you! They don’t put themselves out! :cool:

View attachment 24551
Durphy?

My cat positions herself in doorways and attaches herself to one of my legs, so I find myself limping along with a cat hanging on my trouser leg. It hurts, too, because she is using her claws. Yesterday, she tossed my cell phone onto the stone floor. It might be broken. I'm scared to check. I know that cats are hard wired to pounce on anything that moves, so I can't blame her for bringing lizards into the house without their tails and tossing them in the air. I've been able to rescue the ones I've seen and return them to the garden. I love her very much and I will accept whatever her permanent personality turns out to be but I hope eventually she'll just want to sit on a window sill in the sun and relax.

Latest posts

Back