Interesting comment ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

faerie

Registered Shopper
Hiya

Was watching last night and heard a comment, had to rewind sky plus to hear it again ..

the presenter said ... someone had missed out on an item and they could call the call center and press 2, or wait until shopper opened in the morning, but then said (and not sure if we should have heard it) but if they call shopper tomorrow, the sale (of the item, I guess) wouldnt be put against his hours .... so that the person should call the call center ...

take it they only get paid on commission then?

I thought it was interesting (you guys probably already knew about this, have been offline for a wee while...)

Hiya faerie, i've heard john scott say this before - to buy the item in his hours then it can go on his sales figures, yes i think they do get commission, not heard any of the others presenters saying this, but this is maybe why they are sometimes keen to keep bringing back the higher end items :happy:

They do work on commission because I was actually told this by a personal shopper.

Not a very fair playing field is it? The presenters like Chloe Cole Marshall and Vicky Browne certainly get the best deal then because they get the best shifts. Having been off work for a while and having nothing better to do, I've been watching a lot of TJC and the day shifts (particularly the morning) always have a far superior selection of jewellery than the later shifts. The late shifts seem to be when they stick on all the dross that didn't sell during the day so whoever is presenting those shows really draws the short straw. Last night I watched the wonderful John Scott, looking for something to add to an earlier order to take advantage of the £2.95 p & p. I watched right up until the end at 2am and saw absolutely nothing that remotely interested me. It was just the dross that was left over from earlier. I bet if John was on decent shifts he'd be the top seller easily.

He really made me laugh last night when he got confused with the old Dr Foster went to Gloucester nursery rhyme. He was convinced it was Dr Glossop but couldn't remember where he went to! :giggle:The man is completely wasted on TJC because he's by far their greatest asset presenter wise but they don't appear to know how to use this to their advantage. John should be snapped up by ITV or BBC for a Gameshow or Chat Show - he'd be fantastic.

Not a very fair playing field is it? The presenters like Chloe Cole Marshall and Vicky Browne certainly get the best deal then because they get the best shifts. Having been off work for a while and having nothing better to do, I've been watching a lot of TJC and the day shifts (particularly the morning) always have a far superior selection of jewellery than the later shifts. The late shifts seem to be when they stick on all the dross that didn't sell during the day so whoever is presenting those shows really draws the short straw. Last night I watched the wonderful John Scott, looking for something to add to an earlier order to take advantage of the £2.95 p & p. I watched right up until the end at 2am and saw absolutely nothing that remotely interested me. It was just the dross that was left over from earlier. I bet if John was on decent shifts he'd be the top seller easily.

He really made me laugh last night when he got confused with the old Dr Foster went to Gloucester nursery rhyme. He was convinced it was Dr Glossop but couldn't remember where he went to! :giggle:The man is completely wasted on TJC because he's by far their greatest asset presenter wise but they don't appear to know how to use this to their advantage. John should be snapped up by ITV or BBC for a Gameshow or Chat Show - he'd be fantastic.

Depends, maybe the basic is higher for the less desirable shifts, perhaps they rely more on commission on prime time viewing due to the basic rate of pay being lower, thus making them work harder for it. ????

Latest posts

Back