iRobot Roomba!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for your excellent reply Mia, I think as our house is mostly wood and tiled floors it would do very well here (apart from scaring the cats :eek:) and as I don't have enough time to vacuum everyday and my husband thinks he shouldn't have to this might solve a few domestic problems. At least it will take care of the day to day dusty floors.
I'm glad you posted about this because after watching the last demo on IW I did think it looked a lot better these days. Is your model the most up to date one?

Thanks for your excellent reply Mia, I think as our house is mostly wood and tiled floors it would do very well here (apart from scaring the cats :eek:) and as I don't have enough time to vacuum everyday and my husband thinks he shouldn't have to this might solve a few domestic problems. At least it will take care of the day to day dusty floors.
I'm glad you posted about this because after watching the last demo on IW I did think it looked a lot better these days. Is your model the most up to date one?

I had the choice of the 530 and the 560. I didn't want the 560 because it has a programmer/timer facility and I would never make use of that. The 560 also had a virtual wall lighthouse unit which prevents the robot entering certain areas or rooms. I didn't want that either because I want my unit to go all over the house. The 530 has a virtual wall unit which when used blocks an area ranging from zero to 8 feet long but I have no use for that function either and so won't use it. Apart from these differences their power is the same. I would never use the extra functions and so there was no need to pay an extra £50 for the 560. If I decide I do not want it to enter a particular room I would simply close the door.You are right in that the fact you have mostly hard floors the unit will need less cleaning. I have wood floors in the kitchen and bathrooms and they cleaned really well. I don't think the cats will like it very much though. Are they out much?

£85 at Ebuyer for a similar product, there is a video to see it in action not sure how they compare but nearly a £100 saving to be had

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/135182#

I have taken a look at this. I am pretty sure it is one of the older models. The latest generation of Robot cleaners are the 500 series and I think the most up to date are the 530 and 560. I believe that the newer ones are significantly improved. I would only buy from the 500 series. My 530 continues to impress me and I have just extended its warranty to 3 years because I really don't want to be without it.

I have just taken another look at the ebuyer product and I actually think that it is a completely different make to the iRobot Roomba!

Last edited:
Mia, I can't tell you how pleased I am that you bothered to write a review. :) I watched the presentation on IW on Saturday and thought "If that's half as good as they say it is, I've gotta get one!" I've got a large house, 2 dogs (including a perpetually moulting Dalmatian) and I could do with vacuuming everyday...

Anyway, I was still on the fence and reading your thoughts has shoved me over - I REALLY, REALLY NEED A ROOMBA!!! :D

I'm off to order the 530...

Almost forgot - where did you get yours from?

Last edited:
Mia, I can't tell you how pleased I am that you bothered to write a review. :) I watched the presentation on IW on Saturday and thought "If that's half as good as they say it is, I've gotta get one!" I've got a large house, 2 dogs (including a perpetually moulting Dalmatian) and I could do with vacuuming everyday...

Anyway, I was still on the fence and reading your thoughts has shoved me over - I REALLY, REALLY NEED A ROOMBA!!! :D

I'm off to order the 530...

Almost forgot - where did you get yours from?

I bought mine from Harrods - same price as John Lewis, £199. I know that I paid more than I should have but I wanted it there and then. Amazon has the best price but I suppose if you buy it from IW you can return it if you are not pleased with it. Having spent day one following it around and checking on its movements I now trust it to go everywhere! I always start it off from its docking station so all that's involved is to move it from one floor to the other.
Have you read the reviews on Amazon?

Thank you for writing a review on this Mia.
I too have seen the demos on IW & wondered if it was any good.
It just didn't seem like it held that much, which is what put me off from ordering it.
I've got 2 German Shepherds that regularly blow their coats (a Dyson cannister full a day!) & with a larger than average house I just wasn't sure if it could cope.
Phrophette, I know dalmations have a lot finer coat than GSD's, but would be very interested to hear how it copes with a "bulkier" pick up.:)
TIA

I am sure Darls has one of these. Impressive reviews!!! Be great for cat fur on my wooden floors....hmmmmm

I bought mine from Harrods - same price as John Lewis, £199. I know that I paid more than I should have but I wanted it there and then. Amazon has the best price but I suppose if you buy it from IW you can return it if you are not pleased with it. Having spent day one following it around and checking on its movements I now trust it to go everywhere! I always start it off from its docking station so all that's involved is to move it from one floor to the other.
Have you read the reviews on Amazon?

I have now! And duly ordered the 530 from there. Not an IW fan and TBH even if it just keeps the pet hair (courtesy of the Dalmatian and her OES pal) in the conservatory and kitchen under control, I'll be delighted... Can't wait to try it!

I have now! And duly ordered the 530 from there. Not an IW fan and TBH even if it just keeps the pet hair (courtesy of the Dalmatian and her OES pal) in the conservatory and kitchen under control, I'll be delighted... Can't wait to try it!

Congratulations on your purchase!:)

I have the 560 from Domotec and it is brilliant!

Lakeland have the 530 but I think it is £199.

I also have the Scooba which washes the kitchen floor. Magic!

That's fantastic! It's great to meet another Robot owner! I didn't buy the 560because I have no use for the timer, the 530 has exactly the same power. I paid £199 but Amazon sells it for a much lower price. How long have you had yours for Tilly?

I am off to read about the Scooba! :)

Still waiting for my 530 to arrive - should be with me on Friday!!!
I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Now that sounds v-e-r-y interesting!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a lot of hard floors that are a bore to mop so, if I get on with the Roomba, that'll be next on my list... :sun:

Hi Mia,

I have had mine for about four months. It vacuums better then my Meile and does it all whilst I work!

The Scooba is brilliant too and my ceramic tiles have never looked so good.

I have the Dirt Dog too but am clearing out the garage before I let it loose in there!

Wecome to 21st century living!

Hi Prophette,

I bought the Scooba and the Dirt Dog on ebay for £281 which was a very good price. Customs stung me for another £50 as they came from the US - I don't think you can buy them in the UK yet.

What's a Dirt Dog! Off to find out! Life just keeps on getting easier. :)

Hi Prophette,

I bought the Scooba and the Dirt Dog on ebay for £281 which was a very good price. Customs stung me for another £50 as they came from the US - I don't think you can buy them in the UK yet.

Cheers Tia! :thumbsup: That'll be why it says "coming soon" on the Domotec website! The Dirt Dog will be brilliant for cleaning up after we have the builders in...

I am very excited about this streamlining of my household chores...
:clap::clap::clap:

I sooooo want one of these but would need to kill my Miele first so hubby would let me buy one and the Miele should last another 6 years at least:(

Evening Anne.

My excuse... er ... reason is that I have a bad back and pushing a vacuum around the house aggravates it!!!!

Don't you feel a bad back coming on? LOL

Latest posts

Back