Is Alison Young well?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder what happened to the Joan Collins range? I think she appeared once after her Damehood and then it was all way too beneath her. It had very good reviews but unlike Time Bomb, it didn't end up in stores....
It was available in M&S but appears to have vanished, maybe she got bored 😴

Wouldn't surprise me. She always appeared as though she was in the studio under sufferance, but if it generated sales then it had to be done. I'm a great fan of the old glamour of Hollywood, but to me Joan Collins was just the starlet from Britain who happened to appear in a few B movies, and she's dined out on her 'sexploits' for years. The casting couch held no fears for her. Why she was given a Damehood (unless it was for services to Warren Beatty), Lord above knows, as she couldn't even wipe the shoes of someone like Maggie Smith or Judi Dench.

Wouldn't surprise me. She always appeared as though she was in the studio under sufferance, but if it generated sales then it had to be done. I'm a great fan of the old glamour of Hollywood, but to me Joan Collins was just the starlet from Britain who happened to appear in a few B movies, and she's dined out on her 'sexploits' for years. The casting couch held no fears for her. Why she was given a Damehood (unless it was for services to Warren Beatty), Lord above knows, as she couldn't even wipe the shoes of someone like Maggie Smith or Judi Dench.
I thought it was just me who thought she was a 9th rate actress and not a very nice person, the Holden/Vorderman /Posh of her day.

she has to be the most untalented actress in the history of acting. she was pretty when she was younger but imo she aged fast

The most family-friendly thing she did was an episode of the original Star Trek The City On The Edge Of World(?). She was a social reformer in the 1930s alter universe who helped the poor and Kirk fell in love with her. It turns up on the Horror Channel now and then as they show all the Treks.

I always remember in an interview way back she said she used to bring the episode on tape to her children's school to show she did family-friendly work. I am a Trekker by the way so that is how I know.

The only two things I could name about her was being in Dynasty & the fact that she doesn't shake hands because it's unhygienic so I had a look at Wiki - she was awarded the DBE for her charity work.

Was it in Marks for a very short time?
Two or three years if I remember correctly, which probably means nearer five!

Latest posts

Back