Is Katherine...........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
the model, channelling her inner Diana Dors ????? What on earth has happened to her? Her big swept over hair looks like something out of Dallas circa 1976 when she was on Lola Rose tonight.

She's suddenly gone from being a mute model to this gravelly voiced femme fatal who has a new job as the channel's blonde bombshell from times past.

the model, channelling her inner Diana Dors ????? What on earth has happened to her? Her big swept over hair looks like something out of Dallas circa 1976 when she was on Lola Rose tonight.

She's suddenly gone from being a mute model to this gravelly voiced femme fatal who has a new job as the channel's blonde bombshell from times past.
I half expect her to be flicking a ciggie in a holder!

Obviously the Q fashions are never going to do anything for even the best figure (even B&W Ali] but since she mostly does jewellery that’s not the issue. Her look is very Hollywood 90’s but maybe that’s her vibe. I dislike the long bronze nails, they remind me of nicotine stains.

The presenters talk to her more and like her to say which colours of Lola Rose she likes.

She talks more than any other of the models.

She is definitely given preferential treatment.

Obviously the Q fashions are never going to do anything for even the best figure (even B&W Ali] but since she mostly does jewellery that’s not the issue. Her look is very Hollywood 90’s but maybe that’s her vibe. I dislike the long bronze nails, they remind me of nicotine stains.
I'd go back 3 decades to the swinging 60s!

Late 50's even ? A bit Ann-Margret / Doris Day types ?

My swinging 60's were Cathy McGowan and Sandie Shaw hair (that Winkleman copies now.) While my friends plumped for Twiggy's elfin cut. Complete with a mini shift with peter pan collar, white tights and small heeled shoes. Compared to today's look of 'night hooker' we were quite demure !!!

I was late 50’s and it was pedal pushers and baseball boots and a pony tale. And then into the sixties with mini,mini skirts but kept the ponytail for a couple of years and did the big back combed bouffant on nights out.

Ann Margret, Mandy Rice Davies or Honor Blackman spring to my mind.

The one thing not of the 1960s is the tan. The on air skin sparkle looks like the tanned version of the Twighlight vampires, IMO.

Does no-one remember QT then ? the original fake tan. Me and my mate in 1965 went away on holiday to the north of England - by train, and decided to douse ourselves in QT (QUICK TAN) the night before. OMG ! when the taxi came to pick us up, he almost collapsed in a heap with laughter - we were both streaky orange with pale pink lipstick - something that lives me with forever.

I remember Quick Tan but can’t remember if I ever used it.

i had long thick wavy hair and used to iron it on the ironing board with brown paper to protect it from being singed (once had a nasty accident). I also had it cut in a short bob with long bangs which was difficult to achieve with wavy hair so a liberal dose of sellotape came in to play.

I remember QT it had the distinctive smell and gave you lovely streaks of orange.More than that it was just not the time to have hair that was at all wavy or curly, mine was the latter.It was never long enough for the ironing treatment but I knew someone who did that.My technique was to plaster the fringe and sides soaked in Amarmi (sp?) setting lotion stuck down with sellotape.Of course when unpeeled in the morning left marks on my face, the slightest breeze or damp and the kinks were back.Then I think must have been about 1967 Vidal Sassoon produced the Grecian Goddess cut after the straight May Quant bob. That was MY moment my hair was perfect for it.Some had to have their hair permed to curl, not me!

We need to have a book published of all our weird and wonderful memories of our youth. I'm the opposite of Silver Fox, my hair was neither poker straight or curly, it was just ugh ! but I remember being really bothered about it one time, and my Mum (in her wisdom) offered to put my hair in 'rags' - a Victorian method of hair curling which involved strips of fabric wound around sections of the hair and were slept in.

Dear God. At 17 I refused to go to work the next morning. Shirley Temple had nothing on me - I looked like an ageing Bonnie Langford with endless ringlets, and I could just imagine the sniggers it would cause in the typing pool !!!!

I remember using Tanfastic in my late teens. It was a better effect than I got with the Tan Luxe stuff, but I smelt like a digestive biscuit 😳 so I’ve decided it’s better for me to stay pale rather than opt for an orange tinge.

I remember using a fake tan the night before a school trip when I was about 15. I can`t recall the name of the brand but it was a white lotion and when I woke up the following day it was as streaky as sin and I`d committed the cardinal sin of not washing my hands so had lovely orange palms. I cried but my Mum insisted I went on the trip and some of my classmates didn`t half take the P out of me.

Latest posts

Back