Is this the QVC Forum? Where are the postings relating to QVC Breast Cancer Awareness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tuxedokitty

Registered Shopper
Why are items not posted here if this is a QVC thread?

Seems illogical & not in the spirit of supporting Breast Cancer Awareness

Unfortunately until after the event posts referring to BCC items are in The Drop as we tend to get huge amounts of non members trying to access the information and this is unfair to our members who have gone to the trouble of finding items and it increases the amount of traffic on this site and it can therefore crash so the decision was taken a few years ago to have the threads in The Drop until after the event.

Last edited:
Unfortunately until after the event posts referring to BCC items are in The Drop as we tend to get huge amounts of non members trying to access the information and this is unfair to our members who have gone to the trouble of finding items.

So, the logic is that do not advertise it because some might buy it & help fund raise - especially the sought after Gravy Boat :confused2::confused2::confused2:

So, the logic is that do not advertise it because some might buy it & help fund raise - especially the sought after Gravy Boat :confused2::confused2::confused2:

It is not about not advertising.

Our members often find and post items in advance and this causes an increase in site traffic putting a strain on the site and causing it to crash on the night. So a few years ago we took the decision to have the threads in The Drop as that is members only as it seems unfair for people who are not members coming onto the QVC forum and getting the details.

I know not everyone will agree but it is how it has been for several years and it will continue like that.

We can't please everyone all the time.

I have never ever managed to buy anything from the Breast Cancer Awareness event, in all the years of watching QVC. I could never understand why everything was sold out before I could get to it. i was totally unaware that this forum existed until recently and only now realise there is another secret forum for members only................the penny drops! but unfortunately not Breast Cancer Awareness' way..............:sad:

I would like to thank Sazza for answering the questions regarding the forum and BCC.

I have replied personally to all emails and pm's.

After reading the emails, pm's and posts I have made the decision that from next year all BCC posts will remain as part of the QVC forum but as a sub section that will be avaialble to all members, not just VIP Members. Non Members will still not be able to see the BCC section.

As Sazza has said in the past we have had problems with the site crashing and the cost of Bandwidth going through the roof, something I am sorry to say I just can't afford to pay.

I hope that you will understand my decision.

Hi,

I don't think you're missing out on much - about the only interesting thing I learned this year was that there was only 25% off prices, instead of 50%.

Everything I got in my basket was thru the QVC website - mainly using the "item on screen" and "items from the last 24 hours" links.

The only thing I actually bought was the B&W thing, and I don't think that was mentioned anywhere?

Cheers,
Karen

I would like to thank Sazza for answering the questions regarding the forum and BCC.

I have replied personally to all emails and pm's.

After reading the emails, pm's and posts I have made the decision that from next year all BCC posts will remain as part of the QVC forum but as a sub section that will be avaialble to all members, not just VIP Members. Non Members will still not be able to see the BCC section.

As Sazza has said in the past we have had problems with the site crashing and the cost of Bandwidth going through the roof, something I am sorry to say I just can't afford to pay.

I hope that you will understand my decision.

well, fair enough but i dont see what the problem was with allowing members a teeny weeny bit of privelege. isnt that what "membership" of something is all about?

well, fair enough but i dont see what the problem was with allowing members a teeny weeny bit of privelege. isnt that what "membership" of something is all about?

well I admited that I was wrong and will
be different next year I don't see that I can do anything else.

I agree that all members should have access to the BCC section but it concerns me that you'll get people joining just to find out what the BCC items are and after they've found out what they are they'll never bother to come on here again. At least when it was in the VIP section they would've had to pay £6 for the privilege which goes towards the running of the site etc.

I admit to being a bit slow at catching on....I didn't realise costs were involved in forums.......:headbang: Thank you to Graham for this most enjoyable forum:clapping:

I agree that all members should have access to the BCC section but it concerns me that you'll get people joining just to find out what the BCC items are and after they've found out what they are they'll never bother to come on here again. At least when it was in the VIP section they would've had to pay £6 for the privilege which goes towards the running of the site etc.

And Graham has often donated donations received in the lead up to BCC night to Breast Cancer Care. :)

If anyone feels they have missed out, a lot of the items that were shown as SOLD OUT on screen, are still for sale on the site. I think the higher cost of items has stopped them from selling out this year.
If you do a search on the QVC site for Breast Cancer Care, it will bring up a list of the items, & most of them are still available.:wave2:

PS - Thanks to Graham for clarifying the forum situation re BCC.:clapping:

If anyone feels they have missed out, a lot of the items that were shown as SOLD OUT on screen, are still for sale on the site. I think the higher cost of items has stopped them from selling out this year.
If you do a search on the QVC site for Breast Cancer Care, it will bring up a list of the items, & most of them are still available.:wave2:

PS - Thanks to Graham for clarifying the forum situation re BCC.:clapping:

If you look at the 24 hour product reveiw virtually everything is available. The only things I can pick out as gone are the bears and LE.

i dont feel that it was a good idea to move the bcc thread and i am glad that you have made the decision to bring it back on the qvc forum.
but like most good things it always comes to an end. there was nothing there to entice me anyway and the show was a little lacklustre anyway.
:tongue2:

i have to admit, the BCC night has lost a lot of its gloss for me - i remember one night (years ago) having two phones on speed dial..obviously, i still managed to get a big fat zilch...

thing is, this website is a great site - thanks to all the advice i have had, my skin and bank account look healthier than ever and finding numerous great bargains and treats has been wonderful...i totally respect Graham's decision to move the BCC thread- he is the grand master after all - but for what it is worth, as a member who slowly got to know the site, then love the site and become a fully fledged VIP member, I think everything has been done fairly and properly...and a small thank-you to all of the great detectives that have found all the great item numbers through the year and at BCC night is brilliant...I am so grateful that I am tempted to say, keep the BCC thread open for the sake of all and charity, but put everything else in the member's forum!

It is £6 - a small price to say thank-you, after all!!!

I have never ever managed to buy anything from the Breast Cancer Awareness event, in all the years of watching QVC. I could never understand why everything was sold out before I could get to it. i was totally unaware that this forum existed until recently and only now realise there is another secret forum for members only................the penny drops! but unfortunately not Breast Cancer Awareness' way..............:sad:

I have always been quite successful on BCC night without the help of this forum - somehow by stint of being in the right place at the right time on the computer I have managed to get a philosophy shower gel because it just happened to be advertised as a hot pick very early in the morning one year, and then getting a Liz Earle kit with a great pink bag by refreshing and clicking and just getting lucky. Last night again, I flicked on the computer and got the LE kit simply because it was in the 24hr review and amazingly got through on Q-Cut.

I remember years ago when they put the list of all the items up on the website before the event started and I had not a thought for the people who didn't have a computer and just had a good time buying what I wanted at knockdown prices.

I love that there are people here who can search and find the bargains and make me laugh and as other people have said £6 is a small price for such entertainment.

Last edited:
It would have been good to have a thread telling everyone that joined us after Oct 2008 that for chat about the BCC night, where exactly to go and how to access it. There could have been a lot on non item number based chat about it beforehand. I nearly missed it because there was no mention here.

Anyway I got the item I wanted last night easily anyway and it was quite a good show, apart from Claudia's yelping in the background interrupting Anthony.

Latest posts

Back