it really 'is' becoming Bid TV mkII

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:mysmilie_14:Hello TI, now you come to mention it, whatever happened to that quiet, retiring, softly-spoken Sally Jaxx, (hearing her reminded me I needed to get a new cheese-grater), and the lovely Perfume Pete? I thought PP was going to appear regularly on QVC, start his own consultancy, work abroad, split the atom, discover Einstein's theory, etc. etc. etc. - what happened, did Eau de Compost not go down too well with the Q clientele? And has anyone heard anything about James Russell? AND, the Biggest Mystery of them all: how the heck did Pope Pete and Mikey Boy (aka Del) get jobs?? Answers on a postcard, please, to the usual address.....I think we should be told...

Sally is starting a month later due to her eye injury... remember where you heard it first :mysmilie_59:

Lord Guy Kean was amazing.

He was the audience/forumers contempt.

I'd like to see Guy Kean join iW but in drag and make him have a good bitch about the products and the other presenters. :talking:

i'm not sure if IW has done elvis stuff before, so if they have i stand corrected, but i noticed an 'elvis memorabilia' hour the other night ... yet another step towards becoming bid tv mkII ...

Now bois & gerrls if you will, can I av a moment with ya............or more to the honest point can I speak to the lonely and vulnerable.

Now I take the hump oops sorry umbrage to anyone who has a negative opinion of me or my worry angels................WAIT 'old da press did someone just say WORRY ANGELS????????

Folks when the worry angels of the past return to haunt the poor viewers or more importantly the old Bid tv presenters we will all know IW is on its last legs.

I have nothing to sell or promote this is just my take on how the next few months might pan out :sleepy:

Last edited:
Next thing will be meercats - Yaaaay! :mysmilie_17:

Ah no. Fcuk the meerkats and Elvis too. I mean how stupid are people to buy a frame with a CD and a concert flyer and be charged hundreds of pounds for it. It was this sort of crap that made me resent Bid fleecing the unwary and vulnerable. Most of the stuff they were selling was worthless. It will be the end of IW if they go down this sordid path. :taphead:

They really ARE becoming Bid TV - considering Bid had a terrible reputation and went bust it seems a bizarre move to take.

Peter Simon, the awful Mike Mason, DIY Charlie, Panjaban Curry, Elvis Memorabilia, the warnings every five seconds that 'Stocks WILL run out'... it is basically Bid Resurrected.

We haven't had the Worry Angels yet. "If you are like me and alone in the wee small hours of the morning with no-one to turn to..." I could go on but you all know the script!

When the Angels make an appearance I shall be running a book on how long the channel will last.

Muttley, love it! I wondered what was missing from my life - you've just put me right - it's the Worry Angels! How could I have been so stupid? All together now...Bring back the worry angels, bring back the worry angels....bring back....etc.. Cue: nauseating music, cue: Pope Peter (or Mike 'Arfur Daley' Mason, if you must) with downcast eyes and hushed tones..."at those times of doubt and worry, when there's no one to turn to and the world seems to be the daylight of the night time evening of the morning....." Cue: sick buckets at the ready...

I was hoping Peter Simon was presenting the Elvis show. He is such a fan but gets most of the Elvis facts wrong!

Not only does he get his facts wrong, not only does he not finish his sentences, why? Turn to the camera, lick lips and say, it's not only the the light and the dark etc etc, but the master of disaster can go on and on. And boy does he go on.:mysmilie_13:

Have i missed something in my life not knowing about worry angels do they make your life better are they still available should i email IW and ask them to sell them or should i stick with elvis i am sure i saw him in asda the other day, yes this is what happens to you when you watch IW.

So the Kitchen M8 is a 'Smash Hit' at £44.99 with postage of £1 = £45.99

Last time it was on, without a 'Smash Hit', it was £39.99 with postage of probably £5.99 = £45.98

What a deal!

So the Kitchen M8 is a 'Smash Hit' at £44.99 with postage of £1 = £45.99

Last time it was on, without a 'Smash Hit', it was £39.99 with postage of probably £5.99 = £45.98

What a deal!

They're well and truly taking Bid TVs crown as the channel that likes to deceive.

Or if you look elsewhere its £26.99 and that includes a 1st time purchase discount and free p+p......okay its not called Kitchen M8 (its Giani) but as with a lot of these products its a case of the same product dressed up with different name badges.

I thought I was immune to this Bid nonsense [never having watched it] but having seen two minutes of some idiot ranting and IMPLORING me to buy a Dell laptop that was, not only, refurbished and had just 80gb of storage for £170, I wondered what kind of tat they have sunk too. You can get much better tat at the local exchange emporium, or a new notebook!

Gone are the days you could have shopping tv on in the background subtley coercing you into buying things you don't really want. Now it's a shouty fish market you just want to turn off.

Here we go.........another Bid 'event'

WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE :mysmilie_378: Monday 9pm

I hope they do the whole brown coat and clipboard thing, I really used to love these with Stevie Mac

Ideal world sell's the same old products, nutribullet, vibrapower, comfort and dreams ,karcher and Wagner?
Off topic well done Steve Allen LBC criticism of rocksandco and other channels. Don't know if anyone seen his tweets about rocksandco ? @steveallenshow read his tweets funny and true.

Latest posts

Back