it really 'is' becoming Bid TV mkII

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheeky chappie

Registered Shopper
hopped on the other night and peter was in full 'bid tv' style flow, dirty double entendre's, side way glances to the crew eyeing them up and down etc.

disappointing. if IW is making a conscious decision to morph into the bid tv mould then good luck to them. it maybe makes for good 'hop on for a few mins' viewing but does it make for good sales? perhaps it does, and perhaps that's why they're allowing peter and mike etc to push the boundaries.

still doesn't make for pleasant viewing though.

Caught Peter the other day flogging the paint sprayer with Charlie the DIY bloke. He was demonstrating how you could paint a staircase easily and Peter was ecstatic. He managed to get in the line "even the knob end" meaning the botton of the staircase. I'm sure if I was a 15 year old boy and not a 47 year old woman I would have found that hilarious.

It's a death knell. You just know IW is going to follow Bid TV into extinction.

I agree, IW have wrongly though that they needed to fill the gap Bid Tv have left, how wrong they are, to add insult to injury, they've hired the two most dishonest, disingenuous, ridiculous shopping Tv presenters, QVC got the other one, Choe Everton. Don't think the pennies dropped yet that Bid went bust for a reason and to try to fill the gap, is handing IW staff their P45.

It reminds me of the film The Producers where it makes financial success to put on a show that is doomed to fail, the show being "Springtime for Hitler". Unfortunately for the producers it was an enormous success and they lose money! Maybe they are trying to fail so they hired Pervy Pete and Barra Boy Mason!

They're definitely on the road to receivership, what's with the Bid style promotions? Easter weekend extravaganza and the likes, Yep definitely Bid #2

:mysmilie_14:Hello TI, now you come to mention it, whatever happened to that quiet, retiring, softly-spoken Sally Jaxx, (hearing her reminded me I needed to get a new cheese-grater), and the lovely Perfume Pete? I thought PP was going to appear regularly on QVC, start his own consultancy, work abroad, split the atom, discover Einstein's theory, etc. etc. etc. - what happened, did Eau de Compost not go down too well with the Q clientele? And has anyone heard anything about James Russell? AND, the Biggest Mystery of them all: how the heck did Pope Pete and Mikey Boy (aka Del) get jobs?? Answers on a postcard, please, to the usual address.....I think we should be told...

Next you'll be telling me Sally Jacks is starting at Ideal World

:mysmilie_505:

100% convinced now that they have merged with Bid, just noticed they're selling that Punjaban curry.

:mysmilie_14:Hello TI, now you come to mention it, whatever happened to that quiet, retiring, softly-spoken Sally Jaxx, (hearing her reminded me I needed to get a new cheese-grater), and the lovely Perfume Pete? I thought PP was going to appear regularly on QVC, start his own consultancy, work abroad, split the atom, discover Einstein's theory, etc. etc. etc. - what happened, did Eau de Compost not go down too well with the Q clientele? And has anyone heard anything about James Russell? AND, the Biggest Mystery of them all: how the heck did Pope Pete and Mikey Boy (aka Del) get jobs?? Answers on a postcard, please, to the usual address.....I think we should be told...

I assumed Perfume Pete was still on QVC. I rarely tune in so didn't realise not much came of it. And what happened to the early morning chap Guy Keane, so grumpy!

and the lovely Perfume Pete? I thought PP was going to appear regularly on QVC, start his own consultancy, work abroad, split the atom, discover Einstein's theory, etc. etc. etc. - what happened, did Eau de Compost not go down too well with the Q clientele?

i remember seeing him on bid, perched upon a bar type stool, smug grin, saying 'some of you might have read that we're closing down ... let me tell you (engage really smug grin) ... we're going nowhere.'

a few days later the channel stopped broadcasting :)

i remember seeing him on bid, perched upon a bar type stool, smug grin, saying 'some of you might have read that we're closing down ... let me tell you (engage really smug grin) ... we're going nowhere.'

a few days later the channel stopped broadcasting :)

Oh dear, he's not exactly Mystic Meg is he! Seriously though, that was a silly thing to say bearing in mind the staff had not been paid for a couple of months, which is a fairly good indication that your employer has financial problems.

Mr S. was broadcasting when the channel went off air, while he was in mid flow, all those many months ago. Guy was good value, as I felt he really couldn't give a toss about the cheap tat he was flogging on his early weekend shifts.

Caught Peter the other day flogging the paint sprayer with Charlie the DIY bloke. He was demonstrating how you could paint a staircase easily and Peter was ecstatic. He managed to get in the line "even the knob end" meaning the botton of the staircase. I'm sure if I was a 15 year old boy and not a 47 year old woman I would have found that hilarious.

I found it hilarious and I'm a 54 year old man :mysmilie_17:

Now it's time for the mushroom watches, Earnshaw et al, but it does have a genuine leather strap:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back