It's back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lilo Lil

Registered Shopper
Strike a Pose Hairspray. Supposedly the same formula but repackaged. I know another forumite was disappointed when it vanished off the face of the earth so I am flagging it up here. :mysmilie_19:

Here it is. Was it Moth's mum who recommended it and was trying to source it? I hope they haven't tweaked the formula.

Fantastic news! I was looking for a replacement with no success, John Frieda is not the same.
I would be interested to know why it was discontinued in first place, couldn't source the ingredients ( the vinyl)?

Unflattering is putting mildly, she looks horrendous!!! Poor Jill, I almost feel sorry for her....almost! For some strange reason she reminds me of John Bishop in that screen shot. Has Frankie had something done with her teeth too? She looks odd...ah well, they are human after all!!

Here it is. Was it Moth's mum who recommended it and was trying to source it? I hope they haven't tweaked the formula.

Sorry to disappoint you, but in the clip JF says that it has been 'reconfigurated', thus adding a new word as well as a new product.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint you, but in the clip JF says that it has been 'reconfigurated', thus adding a new word as well as a new product.

JF says its reconfigurated and Lulu says in the clip it has been repackaged! Hopefully, only the packaging has changed.

QVC could either list the ingredients, so that potential purchasers could compare it with previous versions, or not list them, thus allowing those who buy it to risk nearly £6 in p&p and return p&p. Guess what they have done?

Still looking for my HG hair spray!!
I have at least 8 hair sprays at the moment,all leave a residue,some more than others,why is this so much better?
If you listen till the end,JF clarifies that it is only the packaging that has changed,that it is exactly the same formula.

[mum writes]

Thanks for the info and thanks for remembering :) I've already ordered some so I'm just hoping it is the same as it was before. I also moved over to the John Frieda volume range but I find it leaves my hair crispy and gunky after a while. The Lulu spray was the only one that didn't do that, so fingers crossed! I also tried to find out why it was discontinued at the time, but no one, from any of the companies involved, even bothered to acknowledge my messages.

Well I have ordered mine as well,after JF corrected herself at the end of the programme and said only the packaging had changed.She also said it had been out of stock for 6 months,but it has been much longer than that as I have been using MOP hairspray for over 12 months, as an alternative as I couldn't get this. Hope it doesn't disappear again.:mysmilie_10::mysmilie_10:

Omg, this was the end of the video clip, I froze in front of my screen.

Capture.jpg

Omg, this was the end of the video clip, I froze in front of my screen.

View attachment 11024

lol Marina, that picture .....

let it be a permanent testament and WARNING to us all !

there is such a thing as getting too obsessed about beauty products
and if any of us feel we need a reality check - LOOK AT THIS PICTURE
tehehe

I didn't deliberately take this shot in the middle of the video and I've just realised that this 'capture' is also in the beginning of the video as well and may put people off watching it JF making scary faces.

It's not the extra-bright white teeth whitening is it? IMO nothing looks sillier on a lady or man of a certain age than bright, fluorescent white teeth (a certain male talent spotter springs to mind). It just isn't natural and looks like a row of bleached tombstones in the mouth - and when you think that they have probably paid the earth, sun and moon to look like that, then you do wonder (and about the person who let them walk out looking like that, but to be fair perhaps they did say something!!). There was a sleb on the quiz show "Pointless" a few weeks ago, and he looked ridiculous as well.
Unflattering is putting mildly, she looks horrendous!!! Poor Jill, I almost feel sorry for her....almost! For some strange reason she reminds me of John Bishop in that screen shot. Has Frankie had something done with her teeth too? She looks odd...ah well, they are human after all!!

Still looking for my HG hair spray!!
I have at least 8 hair sprays at the moment,all leave a residue,some more than others,why is this so much better?
If you listen till the end,JF clarifies that it is only the packaging that has changed,that it is exactly the same formula.

I haven't used hairspray for years but I had to get some few weeks ago and got the Elnette with Argon hairspray. Seems to be OK .

I hate that tombstone teeth look. It's so obvious and unnatural looking! And it makes these so-called "slebs" all look the same too. I can understand wanting teeth to look good, especially if you're in the public eye, but it's just too artificial. My dentist moulds false teeth for clients who need them and he makes them look so natural you'd be hard pushed to tell it from the natural ones. One thing though, I have to laugh when you see an actor or actress in a movie playing an old crone or bag lady etc. and they have those perfect teeth!

Received my duo yesterday - looking at the ingredients they are practically the same (have a few dregs of the original one) but a couple are moved around on the list.

Any trace of Lulu has been erased ...

Any trace of Lulu has been erased ...

I hadn't noticed that, so I was just comparing the bottles and I've also noticed that the distributor has changed also. The old one was handled by Mix Labs Ltd, whereas the new version comes from Federici Brands. Which also happens to be the company behind Colour WOW, which I believe is the creation of John Frieda. Can anyone confirm or deny as I'm not entirely sure on that.

Latest posts

Back