It's Not All About You

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it? I thought that was people who worry that they are ill all the time.[/QUOTE]

It can also relate to being obsessed with the normal functions of your body as well.

Erm, none?

Probably because most people know the difference between a toy and a real animal - it's not like baby dolls are sold as being "just like the real thing, but without all that nasty sex or the 20 hours gruelling labour first".

And I'm sorry you think it's getting nasty, but that's NOTHING compared to Ms Huntley's claim that she's being bullied by (presumably) this forum and the sniping about clean consciences.

The difference between a messageboard and Twitter is that on the messageboard you have the right to PUBLICLY reply; you can't on Twitter. So Ms Huntley has made some blatant and broad accusations without giving us the same right to respond that she would have on here.

So forgive me for "sounding nasty", but I feel that the bodily function-obsessed Chuntley has more to be sorry about than I do.

I really think we're going to have to disagree on this on all points, Unfortunately I'm unable at the moment to post a more eloquent reply, but I will say this, and that is there's a huge difference between a whole bunch of people posting unfavourable and hurtful comments about one person, and that one person feeling upset and reacting to it. Should she have come on here to stick up for herself? I dont know tbh what the protocol is surrounding her job. On twitter, she didn't mention ST or any one person by name, and I think it is someone else who mentioned the "B" word. I realise I'm a bit biased because I actually like CH as a presenter, but I would hope I could muster up the same sympathy for anyone if I felt they'd taken enough flack. Imvho the little aside regarding clean consciences is NOTHING compared with some of the horrible comments made blatantly about her!

Last edited:
I actually can't believe what I'm reading on this thread.
What a lot of nasty people there are in this world.
Who cares what she writes on Twitter? !
Is she making you read it?!
Why get so angry and condescending about it?!

Get a grip on what's important in life.

Ms Huntley said herself on Twitter:

"Thanks Heidi, just reminds me of schoolyard bullying." Says it all methinks.

After all, far worse has been said of Julia Roberts, Ann Dawson, Claire Sutton, Craig Rowe or Charlie Brook than has ever been said of Ms Huntley.

But has she expressed her dismay at such comments?

Go back through her Twitter as far as you like, and you'll find nothing.

So it's just comments that she doesn't like about herself that she considers to be tantamount to schoolyard bullying.

So, what's this forum to be; a place where people can speak their minds openly, or just a place where people can declare their love for all that QVC and their presenters do?

Because they already have their own website for that, after all.

And gill71: this is a forum about SHOPPING TV (including views on presenters), not about finding a cure for cancer or ending 3rd world poverty. Leave the patronising attitude at the door, will you?

Last edited:
I really think we're going to have to disagree on this on all points, Unfortunately I'm unable at the moment to post a more eloquent reply, but I will say this, and that is there's a huge difference between a whole bunch of people posting unfavourable and hurtful comments about one person, and that one person feeling upset and reacting to it. Should she have come on here to stick up for herself? I dont know tbh what the protocol is surrounding her job. On twitter, she didn't mention ST or any one person by name, and I think it is someone else who mentioned the "B" word. I realise I'm a bit biased because I actually like CH as a presenter, but I would hope I could muster up the same sympathy for anyone if I felt they'd taken enough flack. Imvho the little aside regarding clean consciences is NOTHING compared with some of the horrible comments made blatantly about her!

:wait: But surely she went on Twitter of her own free will as herself talking about knickers and their contents. Wouldn't have thought that was the sort of publicity La Q wanted for their presenters.

Please dont start on this one, its been done before, and WE ALL KNOW whats important in life.
This is a forum about SHOPPING TELLY.
:taphead:

And gill71: this is a forum about SHOPPING TV (including views on presenters), not about finding a cure for cancer or ending 3rd world poverty. Leave the patronising attitude at the door, will you?

lol.
I can read and know what the forum is thanks.

lol.

I'm so pleased :clapping:

lol.

Good good.
In that case you will realise the irony of you having a go at this thread / forum for not liking something Chuntley has posted.
As you moan about things that Members here have posted.
As you so rightly say, Are we making you read it?....
Pot, kettle, black.

good good.
In that case you will realise the irony of you having a go at this thread / forum for not liking something chuntley has posted.
As you moan about things that members here have posted.
As you so rightly say, are we making you read it?....
Pot, kettle, black.

Good grief!

Maybe I will be considered nasty for posting this but I'm not meaning it to be nasty at all.

But on considering buying a soft toy never once does it cross my mind that it's a consideration that it doesn't need clearing up after.

Neither if I followed someone on tweeter would I be interested reading such tweets like I've done a number two, looked in the loo and it's not there.

:sad:

This thread has clearly run its course now as it has descended into personal attacks on fellow forum members.

THREAD CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back