It's taken me a while...but Eureka! I've found it!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
TJC is now my "go to" channel...this is not because I'm remotely interested in buying jewellery, though some of it is tempting..It's the other crap they sell. It's all the random low end crap that the sit ups used to sell. I used to love watching sit ups for that reason, questionable fragrances, cheap handbags, scarves, ornaments..listening to all the high end spiel they used to come out with....eg the scarf that'll give you the look and feel of Hermes, nobody will tell the difference unless you tell them..that sort of thing! The smart watch for £19.99 but if you look a bit closer that's how much you'd have to pay per month for 4 months...Wrong I know, but I've missed all those shenanigans, wrong because they're trying to hoodwink people..but entertainment wise..oh so right! Even got some of the old presenters..Good old frumpy tilt head for a start! By the look of this forum I've been missing out for a very long time. Now to make sure I don't actually start buying things!

Definitely a good watch for a laugh, cos the trickery's hilarious! They were flogging a Balmain designer bag, they urged us to checkout Balmain's website to see the prices of their high end perfumes handbags and skincare etc. ..then showed a screenshot of a very mundane black Balmain tote bag with a price tag of over £700. He said we're not going to "auction this" we've been given a price were going to sell it for.....£199! Then quickly he said "No, £29.99"! I'm thinking this is a bit weird ..but when he showed a close up it was printed with BALMAIN with the word parfums printed underneath. I immediately get to thinking, I'm sure Balmain bags do not have the word parfums printed on...it says "Paris"..wonder why this is..and then I twigged! These bags are obviously left over stock from some kind of promotion they had on perfume or skincare..you know the ones...buy 2 products from our range and get a free holdall, which will basically be any old cheap bag, or umbrella or whatever with their name printed on it..a probably not worth a fraction of the £29.99 they're asking for it. I'm sure a lot of unsuspecting folks think they're getting an absolute steal with this bag, and they're getting a designer bag. To be fair they did tell us it that it wasn't leather..No wonder they didn't have a starting price...as the damn thing was obviously a freebie in its past life. These channels will try anything!

I seem to be watching more TJC than mainstream TV these days as it’s so entertaining. Especially when they fire through products. Was massively entertained watching someone flog a salad spinner the other night for £4.99. Guessing some people are desperate for one because they shifted lots. Was wondering if this was an audition for the presenter for a job because he was giving it his all? Hope they continue this success and challenge the almighty QVC, would be lovely to see some retail wars on telly 😀

They were selling some pink beauty sponges the other day. The branded ones sell for £44 a pair in shops apparently and TJC were selling unbranded but same materials for £3.99 a pair. They had sold over 700 in minutes while I was watching. They have some good deals.

There's a guy live from Brazil on sometimes selling jewellery. Some of it is quite entertaining, a nice change to the other shopping channels.

I must admit I agree, I don’t watch shopping channels but do hop on and off, less than I used to but still do it. Gems TV irritates me beyond belief so never bother even hopping on that one, Ideal World is my go to to actually buy from but yes I’ll look at TJC website now and again, because they take too long to sell on the TV to hold my attention, not as long as the three hours per item on Gens, but nevertheless still too long for me. Out of QVC and TJC, TJC is the better of the two, prices most people would want to pay for the items they want.

I don't understand why for most items they need 2 presenters and the ridiculous start prices do my head in ,they must think we are very very very stupid if we believe all that they say and the look of shock and horror when they finally get to the final price, nobody can ever believe it, good acting 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well believe it or not, I watched this channel for 20 minutes this morning only for the first time. Hated the hype and being shouted at by over excited sales women.

So, this is not a channel I shall return too.

TJC is now my "go to" channel...this is not because I'm remotely interested in buying jewellery, though some of it is tempting..It's the other crap they sell. It's all the random low end crap that the sit ups used to sell. I used to love watching sit ups for that reason, questionable fragrances, cheap handbags, scarves, ornaments..listening to all the high end spiel they used to come out with....eg the scarf that'll give you the look and feel of Hermes, nobody will tell the difference unless you tell them..that sort of thing! The smart watch for £19.99 but if you look a bit closer that's how much you'd have to pay per month for 4 months...Wrong I know, but I've missed all those shenanigans, wrong because they're trying to hoodwink people..but entertainment wise..oh so right! Even got some of the old presenters..Good old frumpy tilt head for a start! By the look of this forum I've been missing out for a very long time. Now to make sure I don't actually start buying things!

I can't highlight on this iPad, but is the Hermes scarf the type that they chuck over your fence without even ringing the doorbell?

No at least with a scarf they can stuff it through the letterbox! Hermes (crazy expensive scarves that cost about £500 upwards) not the dodgy delivery company..I wouldn't trust Hermes with a Hermes scarf!

Hermes was the winged messenger, so maybe that’s why their couriers throw things over the fence. 😉

Thankfully though, my Hermes team always deliver things safely and know where my safe place is if I’m out.

I must admit I agree, I don’t watch shopping channels but do hop on and off, less than I used to but still do it. Gems TV irritates me beyond belief so never bother even hopping on that one, Ideal World is my go to to actually buy from but yes I’ll look at TJC website now and again, because they take too long to sell on the TV to hold my attention, not as long as the three hours per item on Gens, but nevertheless still too long for me. Out of QVC and TJC, TJC is the better of the two, prices most people would want to pay for the items they want.

It used to be mine, before it turned into the gents watch channel. I sometimes have a look, but 9 times out of 10 they're selling watches, to which I have zero interest in so I flick past. I regularly check out their website..not bought anything from them for ages though

It used to be mine, before it turned into the gents watch channel. I sometimes have a look, but 9 times out of 10 they're selling watches, to which I have zero interest in so I flick past. I regularly check out their website..not bought anything from them for ages though

I wouldn’t know about the watches, I don’t tend to channel hop of a night really, but I buy a lot from IW, last being my amazing Bearpaw boots, I was grateful for them as I stood in some wet mud last week and it just washes off, amazing boots. I buy a lot of my clothes and electrical household goods from IW too last one being a Tefal Actifry, I always check prices first and if I can find what I want cheaper elsewhere I get it there but for me and what I want, IW seem to be the best. So I suppose my two go to shops are Amazon and IW, for prices and service, but each to their own. 🥰

Tjc do a LOT wrong but they actually have a strong line up of presenters and guests at the moment probably the strongest it has ever been.

The sales have definitely picked up numbers-wise this year (even pre covid) I think the strength of the channel is they ride the curve of what is selling and if a certain product type is not selling they try something else.

That sounds so simple but channels like Ideal spending 45 minutes or even 90 on one product type seems so old fashioned now

I've grown sick of them now. What I first saw as endearing fun has become really annoying. Last night I flicked over and they were selling sets of xmas gift bags, each set consisted of three bags large, medium and small. I know quality varies wildly on these bags and you can pick them up from markets and bargain basement stores for prices ranging between 49p and £1.99, and yes I've made the mistake of buying them dirt cheap and taking presents to a friend on a train and the whole bag literally collapsing on me so I had to literally stagger to my friends place to avoid dropping everything on the ground. Anyway, last night the sets of bags were pitched at a ludicrous starting price and I can remember that to buy all three sets...which amounted to 9 paper bags, the price was £152!!!!! Of course, nobody was ever gonna have to pay that price 'cause they said it had 5 more drops to go. Eventually the price settled at £3.99 with zero p&p. Not a bad price, and the bags looked pretty decent...but why f**k about with these pretend prices..just tell the viewers how much you want for the bluddy things and be done with it, instead of wasting half an hour of our time, playing stupid games. Annoys me too much that I very rarely bother to watch any more!

No at least with a scarf they can stuff it through the letterbox! Hermes (crazy expensive scarves that cost about £500 upwards) not the dodgy delivery company..I wouldn't trust Hermes with a Hermes scarf!
I recently didn't complete an online order with a company because I realised the courier was Hermes. It's not worth the aggravation.

Latest posts

Back