I've had enough of.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

??? Missing something🤔
Chelsea Flower Show begins on Monday & the first programme is on Sunday. I'm a member of the RHS & my sister & I always go on the first day, Monday is for press & the royals. Walking through the gates is my adult version of Christmas Day morning, I love this event & it'll be interesting to see it in early autumn rather than spring. My sister has a degree in Horticulture & is a natural gardener, when her husband died she was determined to sell their home & I had to choose the moment when I suggested that she waited before making such a huge change; I don't think she'll move, both her sons live nearby & leaving the garden, which has been her salvation, would be very difficult. Going to Chelsea with her is a delight & because many of the designers know her we get invited onto their gardens.

Chelsea Flower Show begins on Monday & the first programme is on Sunday. I'm a member of the RHS & my sister & I always go on the first day, Monday is for press & the royals. Walking through the gates is my adult version of Christmas Day morning, I love this event & it'll be interesting to see it in early autumn rather than spring. My sister has a degree in Horticulture & is a natural gardener, when her husband died she was determined to sell their home & I had to choose the moment when I suggested that she waited before making such a huge change; I don't think she'll move, both her sons live nearby & leaving the garden, which has been her salvation, would be very difficult. Going to Chelsea with her is a delight & because many of the designers know her we get invited onto their gardens.
Oh wow that’s late but lovely for you both to get to attend.
Take care and enjoy your trip.
Interested to see how they have managed the plants for this time of year and the colours.

I love the Sewing Bee even though I can just about sew on a button. The past 2 years have been won by female Doctors and both have had wonderful precision and an eye for detail when making their garments and never panicking. Their medical training must have stood them in good stead. The first Dr called Clare made some fabulous 40`s inspired outfits which I loved.
I did watch All That Glitters but like others I disliked the presenter and found her irritating. I really admired the jewellers skill and it was a well deserved winner.
I watched a couple of episodes of Throw Down and I dip in and out of Strictly, can`t stand Paul Hollywood so rarely watch Bake Off and shows such as Love Island and dating shows, Essex and other so called reality trash TV is a big NO NO in our house.

Is Miss Nugent still in it?
Ha. I had to google that name.

In the '80s my next door neighbour was the actress who played Florrie Lindley. I think she was on the way to having dementia by then and I found her a bit odd. When she moved out she knocked on my door and told me she'd left me a few things she thought I'd like. When I checked, her flat was empty except for a large number of out of date medicine bottles. Gee, thanks!

I thought Megan would win, but her duck was raw.

Joe Swash, is just a professional reality show celeb now. That is all he does, I remember way back he was an actor in EastEnders.

He's like the other actor in 'enders who had the dog Wellard - he used to be a regular on the reality circuit. As for Swash, realistically if he was any good as an actor he wouldn't have to rely on a 'reality' wage packet. Having just moved with his partner Stacy/Tracy (?) Soloman into a well publicised 'Pickle Cottage' (oh pleeeese). he clearly needs all the money he can get.

I've also just finished a truly terrific reality competition - Full Bloom on More4. Admittedly its an American production, 9 pro florists compete for a $100,000 prize, and satisfy 3 (quite 'out there' judges), but the resulting displays by each during the 9 week run was something to behold. If you can get it on Catch Up or whatever, then I highly recommend it.

I've had enough of most humans: the cruel, destructive & spiteful ones, the so-called STARS of reality TV, desperate middle-aged woman grimly holding onto their 20s, bloggers, influencers, the woke brigade, politicians, SAGE boffins, the hypocritical pair over in Montecito, tat peddlers... Add to this lot the very odd man who yesterday gave us a quote for tree work & started ranting about the need for everyone to drink homemade juice because it cures all ills, how Niacin treats schizophrenia & when 5G is fully launched it'll communicate with the covid vaccine in our cells so that 'they' will be able to read our thoughts. To think I was considering letting this person be in control of a chainsaw in our garden :eek:
I appreciate the dear four legged creatures over the two legged variety. They are not very talkative, it's true, but they are, IMO, much better company than humans. I know a lot of people feel this way.

He's like the other actor in 'enders who had the dog Wellard - he used to be a regular on the reality circuit. As for Swash, realistically if he was any good as an actor he wouldn't have to rely on a 'reality' wage packet. Having just moved with his partner Stacy/Tracy (?) Soloman into a well publicised 'Pickle Cottage' (oh pleeeese). he clearly needs all the money he can get.

I've also just finished a truly terrific reality competition - Full Bloom on More4. Admittedly its an American production, 9 pro florists compete for a $100,000 prize, and satisfy 3 (quite 'out there' judges), but the resulting displays by each during the 9 week run was something to behold. If you can get it on Catch Up or whatever, then I highly recommend it.

I saw an episode of that but found it a bit OTT and American (not always a bad thing!) for my taste but I must say what the florists produced was amazing!

Especially when they recreated Van Gogh paintings in flowers in teams on massive “billboards” - SO clever!

I am a big Drag Race fan, the UK version season 3 starts on Thursday IPlayer. Then the Canadian version next month. The US version has lost its sparkle these past few seasons. The Oz version the queens so nasty compared to the others. I remember a friend saying it was disgusting! I replied I bet your mum loved Danny La Rue, well he was a drag queen.

For Strato, it is a Drag Queen competition, not a car racing show. ;)

ILATI, it's not meant to be an art form, just entertainment. It started way back in Victorian times men dressing as women and women as men doing comedy routines or singing.

Another show I love is Dr. Pimple Popper.

There is a UK version called The Bad Skin Clinic the doctor there is Emma Crathorne, she is from N.I. Based in London this series has moved from Harley Street to a large modern building.

So last night, a young guy had small lumps on his scrotum. She numbed and cut them off. A woman had a beard and tried all sort of treatments laser treatments etc, Emma said not all lasers are the same, and she had a number of them. So meds, and different medicated skin care plus laser treatment 3 months later she came back and was a different woman hair cut and coloured and no hair on her face. She said when she was at school the bullies pulled her up in front of the class for others to laugh at and say how ugly she was.

My uncle and aunt used to be huge drag race fans (the car variety) back in the seventies. We used to watch sometimes.

Latest posts

Back