I've had enough of.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just catching up with the later part of this thread. Really sorry Joe has gone, much preferred him to Claudia Winkleperson. Once read that not long ago she was the highest paid woman on the BBC...why? She obviously thinks she’s funny, delusional.
No idea who Sara Pascoe is
I like some of the antique shows, especially Road Trip though it’s repeated to death now on Really.
I can honestly say I’ve never watched housewives from wherever, Love Island, that jungle thing or any celebrity reality (?) show.
An ex of mine knows “Claude” a bit socially and apparently she is quite shy IRL and at a bit of a loss as to how she’s got where she has.
I personally enjoy her approach to presenting - I’d rather watch her all day long on Strictly than Tess the robot!

I used to really enjoy Claudia’s arts programme on radio 2 years back - she’s a very bright lady and well informed on The Arts - but sort of lost track of it and she got put in front of the camera more and more.

She did appear disinterested on the Sewing Bee!

Lots of people hated Joe presenting at first bc he mucks about so much.
I find him quite funny but not in large doses!

Any idea why he’s left?

He has taken over the travel show (The travel Man?) which was fronted by Richard Ayoade plus his consume4 show.

Claudia is nowhere near as thick as this persona she has adopted but she can do very little wrong in our house only second to her best friend Victoria Coren Mitchell (gosh I miss her Dad, he was a genius) .

He has taken over the travel show (The travel Man?) which was fronted by Richard Ayoade plus his consume4 show.

Claudia is nowhere near as thick as this persona she has adopted but she can do very little wrong in our house only second to her best friend Victoria Coren Mitchell (gosh I miss her Dad, he was a genius) .
Aha thank you!

Didn’t know Joe had that gig!

That’s an interesting swap.

I will miss Richard Ayoade who is SO good at it and has such a distinctive style and delivery!
But I guess he’s done it now and maybe it’s got a bit repetitive and needs fresh blood..

Joe won’t be anywhere near as dry (impossible!) but hopefully he’ll make it his own.
It will definitely be more chilled and sillier!

Wonder what Richard’s moving on to? Maybe more films...

Can’t be bothered with the consumer show - sure it’s good and used to love Joe’s email skits but not good with programmes like that!

Oh no Claude very far from thick! And she does seem to have to adopted a persona esp on TV/presenting, but think some of that is true shyness?!
Still love her though!

Ditto Victoria :)
Clever, charming - and pretty!
Love Only Connect..

(And yes Alan Coren was a genius indeed!)

Giles Coren is also very clever (and doesn’t he know it!) and writes well but I do find him an annoying twerp! 😉

Amuses me that his brother in law is Alexander Armstrong - all so incestuous!

Can’t be bothered with the consumer show - sure it’s good and used to love Joe’s email skits but not good with programmes like that!

Ditto Victoria :)
Clever, charming - and pretty!
Love Only Connect..

Giles Coren is also very clever (and doesn’t he know it!) and writes well but I do find him an annoying twerp! 😉

Amuses me that his brother in law is Alexander Armstrong - all so incestuous!
I can't work this out.

I've never heard of the consumer show, when and where is that on? It sounds like my kind of show. I loved Richard A in his GADGET MAN show (of course I did ;) ) but the current gadget show is rubbish IMO. As the presenter himself said last week, it's a very busy show so we won't have time for the " horribly contrived scripted chat" (but they still did :( ).

And the relationships??

I know Victoria is Giles Coran's daughter, and is married to David Mitchell, but where does AA come into it?

Last edited:
I can't work this out.

I've never heard of the consumer show, when and where is that on? It sounds like my kind of show. I loved Richard A in his GADGET MAN show (of course I did ;) ) but the current gadget show is rubbish IMO. As the presenter himself said last week, it's a very busy show so we won't have time for the " horribly contrived scripted chat" (but they still did :( ).

And the relationships??

I know Victoria is Giles Coran's daughter, and is married to David Mitchell, but where does AA come into it?
No, Alan Coren was Victorias dad. Giles is her brother.

I loved Call My Bluff when AC and Sandi Toksvig captained the teams.

i think he left Travel Man when he started to front a new show on Dave, Question Teams.

I’m not a fan of Giles either maybe it’s because he mostly does OTT food things.

I wonder does Claudia do the fluffy bit because her parents were fairly intellectual father in publishing and mother a well known newspaper editor.?

Didnt Joe change his name by deed poll to Hugo Boss in protest of some consumer thing (forgotten just exactly what it was about, was it HB sued someone who was actually christened Hugo Boss?)

All I do know is that Sewing Bee is now ruined for me as it’s not really possible to watch on mute and by god you need to muzzle Pascoe .

Last edited:
I can't work this out.

And the relationships??

Sorry to confuse you!

The consumer show is called Joe Lycett’s Got Your Back’ - apparently he describes it a “sexy watchdog”?!!
I’d say it’s more watchdog with humour!

It’s consumer issues etc?
Is/was on channel 4 not sure when but on 4OD...

Yes I used to like Richard on gadget man - his brain is amazing!

Do you watch ‘Click’?
It’s more technology news and features.
Good though and short!
On BBC news channel but also iPlayer..

Alan Coren was both Victoria and Giles Coren’s father.
Alexander Armstrong is Giles brother in law (married to sisters)...

HTH!

i think he left Travel Man when he started to front a new show on Dave, Question Teams.

I’m not a fan of Giles either maybe it’s because he mostly does OTT food things.

I wonder does Claudia do the fluffy bit because her parents were fairly intellectual father in publishing and mother a well known newspaper editor.?

Didnt Joe change his name by deed poll to Hugo Boss in protest of some consumer thing (forgotten just exactly what it was about, was it HB sued someone who was actually christened Hugo Boss?)

All I do know is that Sewing Bee is now ruined for me as it’s not really possible to watch on mute and by god you need to muzzle Pascoe .
Ah sure Richard had another gig(s)!

Yes most everything Giles does is OTT and designed to induce a reaction!
Could be right about Claudia!

Haha I don’t mind Sara Pascoe but know what you mind and she doesn’t have her own mute!

Ps. Had to google Hugo Boss thingy as forgot the whole story - explained here!

Latest posts

Back