I've received my statement ! ! !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Somewhere in another thread I mentioned that I was sending for a statement of all my purchases. I haven't looked at it yet to see if it goes back to my first purchase, and also includes my latest ones.

But I've just glanced at the totals, and am now sitting down in shock.

I am inviting guesses of the total, but here is a clue. The PP was £1311 !!!!!

Based on that I'm gonna have to reduce my original guess of 30k. I spent just under 7k and paid £900 in p&p...so I'm gonna suggest a mere 10k - bearing in mind my maths is shite lol!

I was estimating that back in the day postage was often only £2.95 but of course that isn’t really a true indication as £6.99 item and £120 both would have same postage.

Its really how long is a piece of string.

CLUE 1

I'm not convinced yet it goes right back to the beginning, but it showed that my 1st purchase was a decorating set for £9-98 with a ridiculous PP of £3-95, so 40% of the cost of the item - - - I must have been mad!

And I've never used it, it is probably still packed up somewhere in the depths of Strato Towers.

The date was 14/4/04, presumably 2004 so 17 years ago

Ok, that's 2 years after I started, but going by the p&p I'm sticking with my 2nd guess of 10k. Funnily enough after what we'd been discussing on the Amanda Wakeley thread - my first Q purchase was an organiser bag, it had compartments for everything including a compartment along the side in which you could slip a small telescopic umbrella. It had a big flap opening and underneath the flap was a cheque book compartment (how old?!) a pen holder and slots for your credit cards - Open the flap to get into the bag and all your cards went flying everywhere. The strap snapped after a couple of weeks of use and I ended up getting my money back minus the postage of course!

Whatever the total from Q was, I also spent £1000s on items I was introduced to by QVC but then bought elsewhere for less money and usually free PP.

Ok, that's 2 years after I started, but going by the p&p I'm sticking with my 2nd guess of 10k. Funnily enough after what we'd been discussing on the Amanda Wakeley thread - my first Q purchase was an organiser bag, it had compartments for everything including a compartment along the side in which you could slip a small telescopic umbrella. It had a big flap opening and underneath the flap was a cheque book compartment (how old?!) a pen holder and slots for your credit cards - Open the flap to get into the bag and all your cards went flying everywhere. The strap snapped after a couple of weeks of use and I ended up getting my money back minus the postage of course!
I bought a small man-bag just the right size to keep my cards in, plus a coin purse, and some paper money.

Its main selling point was that it was "thief proof" as it was reinforced with metal mesh so it couldn't be slashed, and had metal wire embedded in the strap so it couldn't be cut.

All very well, except that the clasp for fastening it closed broke off, and then the strap became unstitched from the bag, so the thief-proofing was useless.

It was a Travelon, do they still sell this make?

No but I have about 4 of their bags which I take every time I go to a city and my clasps and zips are as good new.

I remember they weren’t that expensive but if you try to buy them on line now they are megabucks

I’m so 😲 from someone who I so thought was supposed to have not watched Q that much and just bought gadgets.🤔
Now Mr Strato - Nut - Stud-Buddy 😉
I must ask how can you have spent lots of £1,000’s and not know anyone other than Tim, Julian, Alison, Debbie and Julia? 😉😂😂

I bought a small man-bag just the right size to keep my cards in, plus a coin purse, and some paper money.

Its main selling point was that it was "thief proof" as it was reinforced with metal mesh so it couldn't be slashed, and had metal wire embedded in the strap so it couldn't be cut.

All very well, except that the clasp for fastening it closed broke off, and then the strap became unstitched from the bag, so the thief-proofing was useless.

It was a Travelon, do they still sell this make?
Things are coming out now 🤭😂
Yes Travelon not seen them in ages.

Somewhere in another thread I mentioned that I was sending for a statement of all my purchases. I haven't looked at it yet to see if it goes back to my first purchase, and also includes my latest ones.

But I've just glanced at the totals, and am now sitting down in shock.

I am inviting guesses of the total, but here is a clue. The PP was £1311 !!!!!
Hey, big spender!

I’m so 😲 from someone who I so thought was supposed to have not watched Q that much and just bought gadgets.🤔
Now Mr Strato - Nut - Stud-Buddy 😉
I must ask how can you have spent lots of £1,000’s and not know anyone other than Tim, Julian, Alison, Debbie and Julia? 😉😂😂
It was 17 years ago that I was addicted

Any more clues on the total yet...are any of our guesses near?
Yes, some of them are, I'll give more clues when I've read it, such as the price of expensive items.

I’m waiting to hear the prize AND I DONT WANT LEFTOVER NUTS!
Any suggestions. Anyone want an unused decorator's set?

I may be able to find it in a few years time.

I’m waiting to hear the prize AND I DONT WANT LEFTOVER NUTS!
There won't be any, I'm having some more for tea today.

It is too hot to cook, 28 deg in my main room, so as well as the cashews I'm having pecans, brazils, walnuts, pretzls, home made yogurt, and luxury ice cream. Seems very healthy to me.

Latest posts

Back