IW still blatantly lying

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Places an order on 02.07.09, still showing as in progress, rung cs today and spoke to an offshore call centre, thought cs back in uk now!!!!, called Fred, ( l don't think so).
Asked why goods not yet despatched and told repeatedly could not look into until after 10 days, so l asked to speak to a supervisor, advised there is no supervisor, so l asked to speak to a manager, advised there is no manager. I then repeated all l wanted to know was why were the goods not despatched, was then reluctantly told by Fred that there was no stock and they were trying to get some more, so l asked why no-one had informed me of this, why had my money been taken for non-existent stock and why were the products still being sold as in stock on IW. He admitted he did not know, l told him l was disgusted with IW and l thought they were breaking the law for taking my money when they had no stock to sell, and he agreed with me and said he thought l had been treated badly and aplogised. He then asked if l would like a refund and has assured me l will receive funds in 10 days back in my account ( why so long when money is taken within 3 days of order).
So imho IW is still operating in the same shoddy fashion they always have in spite of management changes. Does anyone please have contact details of anyone in management whom i can complain to about the way they treat customers? Fred was in a very awkward situation and it is not fair to put staff in this position much and treat customers like fools.
thank you.
:taphead:

Last edited:
Places an order on 02.07.09, still showing as in progress, rung cs today and spoke to an offshore call centre, thought cs back in uk now!!!!, called Fred, ( l don't think so).
Asked why goods not yet despatched and told repeatedly could not look into until after 10 days, so l asked to speak to a supervisor, advised there is no supervisor, so l asked to speak to a manager, advised there is no manager. I then repeated all l wanted to know was why were the goods not despatched, was then reluctantly told by Fred that there was no stock and they were trying to get some more, so l asked why no-one had informed me of this, why had my money been taken for non-existent stock and why were the products still being sold as in stock on IW. He admitted he did not know, l told him l was disgusted with IW and l thought they were breaking the law for taking my money when they had no stock to sell, and he agreed with me and said he thought l had been treated badly and aplogised. He then asked if l would like a refund and has assured me l will receive funds in 10 days back in my account ( why so long when money is taken within 3 days of order).
So imho IW is still operating in the same shoddy fashion they always have in spite of management changes. Does anyone please have contact details of anyone in management whom i can complain to about the way they treat customers? Fred was in a very awkward situation and it is not fair to put staff in this position much and treat customers like fools.
thank you.
:taphead:

The same thing happened with my mum. I don't shop with IW because of their extreme unprofessionalism and poor customer service. It is fraudulent to sell items which they do not physically have available to ship out.
This is IW all over.

Technically it's not fraudulent, it's Drop-shipping (if items are being despatched from the supplier), but it's not fair to leave the customer in the dark as to what's happening - supplier or not!

Andrew Fryatt was appointed Chief Executive Officer.

Main address:
Ideal Shopping Direct
Ideal Home House
Newark Road
Peterborough
CAMBS
PE1 5WG

And i would put in your letter to him that they are not keeping to their Mission Strategy as outlined on this webpage:
http://www.idealshoppingdirect.tv/

Which says.....
"Our strategy is to exploit our unique position as a digital retailer. To grow sales strongly whilst maintaining operational efficiency and further developing our direct sourcing model."

There is nothing operationally efficient about the way you have been treated!

hope you get it sorted....I find writing to CEO's usually works ;)

There's only one way to get IW to take any notice of customers and that's to stop buying from them. I refuse to shop with them, no matter how much I want something I'd rather go without than get it from them. When they actually have no customers they may get round to asking themselves why and then maybe the penny will drop.

I had a problem with IW earlier this year. I kept being given the run around. The Call centre staff though trying to be helpful kept to their script and couldn't get what my problem was. Then I resorted to emailing, again they didn't seem to read my emails and just came up with stock answers.

After 2 months I contact Consumer Direct and the local trading standards office. Whilst I waited for them to help I decided to email Mike Hancox direct - he responded from his Blackberry within 6 hours and the whole issue was resolved by John Ackroyd in a few days - he returned calls and emails quickly and was most apologetic.

Seems to me you need to go straight to the top - email [email protected].

There's only one way to get IW to take any notice of customers and that's to stop buying from them. I refuse to shop with them, no matter how much I want something I'd rather go without than get it from them. When they actually have no customers they may get round to asking themselves why and then maybe the penny will drop.

totally agree, you just don't need this aggravation (final straw order cancelled and not told, although I was the winner as they gave me £10 too much refund), I find it ironic when peeps on here congratualte IW on delivery within a decent time limit, this should be the norm - I rang QVC today about an AD and weirdly enough got the same woman I rang yesterday and she remembered me - their is no comparison.

I never buy from IW/C&C now - also their P&P is getting silly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back