Jade, jade, jade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Also, do they really think we are dumb? Why would they sell this Jade to us if they could sell it for thousands more to Asprey or whoever? Particularly, at a time when they, of their own admission, are struggling and Steve has put his own money in to the company so they can speed up refunds. Would it not make sense to sell it for a massive profit and bail the company out? I know it's all total hogwash - but arrogance and effrontery of continuing to say "we could sell it for a lot more elsewhere" at this point in time is breathtaking. The worrying thing is there are some people out there who might not see through it!

This Troth character is possibly one of the worst shysters I have seen on any channel

Stumbled upon him on Jewellery Maker this morning another 20 minutes (so far) babbling on about Jade investments the prices Cartier charge 18 million pound pieces

"This shouldn't be on shopping tv"

Talks like he is above the viewer well he obviously isn't he is on enough

Two other presenters just sitting there nodding away what on earth is this

This Troth character is possibly one of the worst shysters I have seen on any channel

Stumbled upon him on Jewellery Maker this morning another 20 minutes (so far) babbling on about Jade investments the prices Cartier charge 18 million pound pieces

"This shouldn't be on shopping tv"

Talks like he is above the viewer well he obviously isn't he is on enough

Two other presenters just sitting there nodding away what on earth is this
That's one of the reasons why I dislike him. He often makes derogatory comments about shopping channels, which, as you say, make it seem like he and his wares are above the audience. I am glad someone else noticed it.

He was being showered with thanks this morning for his cheap prices. His reply was ..... 'that's alright, I'll look after you'

From what I saw, the price fits the item, what the hell is up with people?
My mother thinks that these messages are sent by Gemporia staff because they cannot possibly be true. I wouldn't go that far but like you, Mommabear, I ask myself "what the hell is up with people?"

My mother thinks that these messages are sent by Gemporia staff because they cannot possibly be true. I wouldn't go that far but like you, Mommabear, I ask myself "what the hell is up with people?"
Gemporia, the buyers and the presenters are being pulled up over their dodgy practices on here and on FB.

While Gemporia is holding its hands up about some things going wrong (30 day refunds, etc), it doesn't seem willing to accept criticism of the buyers. So there's been a deluge of complimentary texts whenever a buyer appears on screen since Tuesday.

Whether they're real or fake, who knows? But Gemporia must be very, very worried about viewers no longer trusting Jake, Dave and Toby any more.

Which I frankly don't. I wouldn't trust them to give me the correct time of day

Oh I'm not sure. They seem to have some die-hard loyal customers that will stick with them regardless. I believe it is genuinely customers. Mirabelle was one, there's someone called Lady Jane that went to the Csarite mine and appears in some VT's too, there's a lady called Christine who always sends in poems, there's the bald bloke that looks like Paddy from Emmerdale that appears in one of the VT's - who I'm almost certain appeared in the Gems TV documentary that was on ITV a few years ago, plus a few others who's names have slipped my mind.

13th carats - £149! It's not even nice!

Seriously?

Screen Shot 03-08-23 at 09.14 PM.JPG

Jade Troth is one of Hattie's "special guests" in tonight's show. The other will be Toby Cavill at 11pm.

"Special guests"? These two, plus Jake "SlimFast" Thompson, are on screen more often than the supposed presenters!

Anyhow Mr Troth is, of course, flogging jadeite. He has just said that the large number of carved jadeite bangles he's bigging up were delayed, and should have been on screen in January. If I was a more cynical viewer, I would wonder if it was delayed due to payment problems. But I am not, so I won't.

He also said that this is tbe last show with a huge number of pieces of individual jadeite items. But since everyone has been promising "No more jade" since the jade event at the end of last year, I shall take that with a whole shaker of salt

Latest posts

Back