Jade, jade, jade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe they could help out in the refund department, instead of boring the pants off viewers :ROFLMAO:
Dear God, no! It takes them so long to get round to showing even one piece that I dread to think how long it would take them to process even one refund!

I just had to switch off as I've seen Dave Troth holding a shell with his shirt off more times than I can handle. More of the elusive Jade at 9 and no live late night shows means that I will stick with TJC tonight
Does TJC show jewellery in the early morning? I am thinking of switching allegiances and spending habits on my 5am start days. I would rather have silent auctions than re-runs of overly-lively people at that time.

Does TJC show jewellery in the early morning? I am thinking of switching allegiances and spending habits on my 5am start days. I would rather have silent auctions than re-runs of overly-lively people at that time.
They were doing jewellery last light and there were some good deals on champagne diamonds (1ct argyle champagne 5 stone rings for £299). They have much larger sized stones as well which I was not aware of. I think there is less info about what is coming up on TJC but that is better to me than the predictable stock coming on Gemporia lately and also it's quite nice it's not all sold out as happens on Gems with decent products. Although to be fair I have noticed a bit more variety since they announced Steve was back so maybe things are looking up.

I also like that TJC admit an item is not selling and move on from it, realising the right customers are not watching at the time.

They were doing jewellery last light and there were some good deals on champagne diamonds (1ct argyle champagne 5 stone rings for £299). They have much larger sized stones as well which I was not aware of. I think there is less info about what is coming up on TJC but that is better to me than the predictable stock coming on Gemporia lately and also it's quite nice it's not all sold out as happens on Gems with decent products. Although to be fair I have noticed a bit more variety since they announced Steve was back so maybe things are looking up.

I also like that TJC admit an item is not selling and move on from it, realising the right customers are not watching at the time.
TJC also do ring resizing, another bonus for me

Oh. Dave has made a documentary too. Can hardly wait. He’s been waffling on since 4 o’clock and not shown a piece. Still banging on about pieces in the thousands or museum grade pieces. Not a remote idea of the price. All this is designed to reduce the calls into the call centre so they can employ fewer staff.
I think you hit the nail on the head there......as it could be the reason getting through is so difficult, the length of time for returns and let's not forget about refunds!!!!! I was happy to find out Steve was back but up to now some of the decision don't make a lot of sense let's hope the boring lectures are soon gone and improving the channel are not in the too distant future.

Ellis was showing Jade today and actually said something like, "people say we are showing too much jade but this is a special moment in time and as someone said 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'." I have paraphrased but it really sounded like she was telling anyone who might think there was too much Jade to shut up. I was truly gobsmacked.

Ellis was showing Jade today and actually said something like, "people say we are showing too much jade but this is a special moment in time and as someone said 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'." I have paraphrased but it really sounded like she was telling anyone who might think there was too much Jade to shut up. I was truly gobsmacked.
And this is the problem with Gemporia and why they are struggling. They're ignoring everything that viewers / customers are telling them.

They've been told there's too much Jade - but they're ignoring it.

They've been told that everyone is sick of the lectures from Dave, Jake and Toby - yet they insist that 'they like to educate viewers'.

Unless they start taking notice of the very people they need to stay in business - Customers - then their problems are not going to go away.

Oh dear I think Ellis has slightly lost the plot. The other day she took a pair of scissors to a stretchy bracelet and cut off the decorative tassel, it wouldn't be to everyone's taste... but still not a great advert for the product !!

Oh dear I think Ellis has slightly lost the plot.
She does seem to have lost her way a bit. I used to like her - she was one of the better presenters - but she seems to have gone a bit childish and almost cringey at times when she starts singing songs and replacing the words with words that are a bit silly, and also coming across like she's talking to kids rather than adult viewers. I find it a bit patronising. She's also constantly cutting to VT's all the time now too. "Let's show everyone how to buy, Christiano........."

I know she seems to have had a bit of a rough time of late - but she shocked me today, particularly when she has been known to train the newbies. She seemed almost contemptuous. Sad.

Makes you wonder what kind of messages they are receiving into the show. Did you see her cut the tassel off a bracelet yesterday? Such a rebel!

Wow, rude much. They need to listen to the viewers and not criticise their honest opinions. They are the ones spending their hard earned money. I am fed up to the back teeth with the jade, on again today, it is groundhog day. Just because they have bought the world's supply of jade, does not mean I want to see it every day, over and over. It's boring.

They have a website full of jewellery, all different gemstones, but keep showing the same things all the time.

I know she seems to have had a bit of a rough time of late - but she shocked me today, particularly when she has been known to train the newbies. She seemed almost contemptuous. Sad.
She does seem out of sorts, but probably with so much going on not unexpected especially if Millie was let go and not offered another role if she would have liked one. No excuse at all for poor attitude to feedback though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back