Jade, jade, jade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear I think Ellis has slightly lost the plot. The other day she took a pair of scissors to a stretchy bracelet and cut off the decorative tassel, it wouldn't be to everyone's taste... but still not a great advert for the product !!
Yes I saw that show. She cut it off because it was not to her taste. It’s all become a bit too much about her lately. There is a slightly smug attitude with her and it’s become less enjoyable to watch. I find her insincere and when with Hattie or Kati her over the top style is grating.

Jade on again now 😭😭😭

Should be in aspreys apparently

Dave says everything WILL sell out
Don't forget that this is part of a late delivery that has just arrived - so just as they said the type A stuff was coming to an end, we can now look forward to even more for a while longer yet.

Lucky us!

What a time to be alive.

Reminds me of a show this morning. Presenter hoots in excitement: "This ring has never been this low!" I look at the same ring on my hand and remember I paid over £190 less for it a few weeks ago. *Sigh* They must be able to see previous prices so either they are not bothering to check before they say such things (the most charitable explanation, but still not acceptable) or they are deliberately lying (least charitable version).
The sad thing is - we see things like this every day, so it seems to be acceptable or even a condoned policy of untruths - because if anyone got pulled up for it - ever - it would not be so prevalent.

Reminds me of a show this morning. Presenter hoots in excitement: "This ring has never been this low!" I look at the same ring on my hand and remember I paid over £190 less for it a few weeks ago. *Sigh* They must be able to see previous prices so either they are not bothering to check before they say such things (the most charitable explanation, but still not acceptable) or they are deliberately lying (least charitable version).
The sad thing is - we see things like this every day, so it seems to be acceptable or even a condoned policy of untruths - because if anyone got pulled up for it - ever - it would not be so prevalent.
They're obviously beyond desperate. The fact that, despite their vaunted relationships with mine owners, the buyers seem to be buying their tons of jade and anything else they manage to pick up at trade fairs rather than directly from mines says a lot.

Their forays into market stall level tat (sorry, "lifestyle") hasn't paid off the way they hoped, and I suspect that cashflow is a huge problem right now, hence the massive staff layoffs and the extremely slow refunds.

What's really going to kill the channel off is their digging their heels in and refusing to listen to criticism. Toby is currently on with Kate, I missed the start of the show but people are messaging in to say that they love the soul destroying buyer monologues, so it's obvious that Gemporia is in denial over the decisions that have brought them to this point.

It's sad

Hattie said it's the LAST chance to get Olmec Jade tonight. Really Hattie, are you sure about that? :)
notanotherone-anotherone.gif

Now steady yourselves... Lock your credit cards away.... There's a(nother) jade showcase at 9am today. It's a "Guest Special" and there is a pic of Jade Troth next to it on the TV schedule.
Probably a good time to go and wash the pots and pans...

Now steady yourselves... Lock your credit cards away.... There's a(nother) jade showcase at 9am today. It's a "Guest Special" and there is a pic of Jade Troth next to it on the TV schedule.
Probably a good time to go and wash the pots and pans...
Why do they keep referring to them as "guests"?

Dave Troth is on that often, I'm convinced he has his bed there. He's more like a "resident" than a "guest"

Oh dear I think Ellis has slightly lost the plot. The other day she took a pair of scissors to a stretchy bracelet and cut off the decorative tassel, it wouldn't be to everyone's taste... but still not a great advert for the product !!
Ellis has lost the plot, I think perhaps she has become a legend in her own head. Along with Angelina

Ellis has lost the plot, I think perhaps she has become a legend in her own head. Along with Angelina
I used to really like Ellis - she was one of the better presenters. Now she seems to have gone a bit childish and patronising, singing songs with words changed to something cringey. She comes across as a bit too "mumsy" now rather than a professional presenter.

I used to really like Ellis - she was one of the better presenters. Now she seems to have gone a bit childish and patronising, singing songs with words changed to something cringey. She comes across as a bit too "mumsy" now rather than a professional presenter.
Ellis has always been edging to mumsy. At least on camera, anyway. While she was on TJC you would be forgiven for thinking that another presenter, Stacey Ellis, was Ellis' daughter for the way "our Ell" talked about her.

This tendency hasn't been helped by Ellis'daughter Milly also working at Gemporia. Or the age difference between her and the likes of Hattie and Kati Elliott and the way Ellis goes all daft "cool Mum" around them.

Interesting bit of interaction between Lynn and the gallery staff this evening. Lynn's previewing a blue lace agate silver necklace, and tells her director or producer to remember to buy one for her.

Obviously, we can only hear Lynn's side of the conversation, but after saying the above Lynn gives a bit of a laugh and says something along the lines of "No, really really buy me one. Really!" And when it appears on screen, Lynn makes a point of showing her purchase on screen.

Now, many presenters have made a huge deal over buying an on-air item. But Lynn's basically shown that some of these may have been naughty fibs. That should get viewers feeling reassured that things have changed, and to start throwing their cash in Gemporia's direction

Interesting bit of interaction between Lynn and the gallery staff this evening. Lynn's previewing a blue lace agate silver necklace, and tells her director or producer to remember to buy one for her.

Obviously, we can only hear Lynn's side of the conversation, but after saying the above Lynn gives a bit of a laugh and says something along the lines of "No, really really buy me one. Really!" And when it appears on screen, Lynn makes a point of showing her purchase on screen.

Now, many presenters have made a huge deal over buying an on-air item. But Lynn's basically shown that some of these may have been naughty fibs. That should get viewers feeling reassured that things have changed, and to start throwing their cash in Gemporia's direction
I only saw a part of the blue lace agate necklace presentation, but I thought it looked very nice. Popped it into my basket for future reference. Will read the reviews, if there are any, when it goes back online.

I only saw a part of the blue lace agate necklace presentation, but I thought it looked very nice. Popped it into my basket for future reference. Will read the reviews, if there are any, when it goes back online.
I don't disagree with you about the necklace itself.

But the last few days have been an interesting watch. Ellis this morning screaming about how she had a wheel at that time of day "in what feels like years!". And constantly screaming about how "We're listening to what YOU want!"

Compare that to the last few weeks, even up to the start of this week, where Gemporia was doubling down on having loads of jade on show, defending the buyers' inane, lengthy ramblings on screen, and refusing to even consider customers' concerns.

Now it's all smiles, and these same presenters suddenly rowing back on the condescension. Ellis must need a neck brace from the whiplash 😉

I do wonder if presenters have "bought" items on air, showed their purchase to the audience only to later cancel the "purchase" before midnight on the same day. But, maybe, I have a suspicious mind.

Well, considering the kinds of ploys we've all seen for ourselves over the last year or so, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yet more jade with Hattie and Jade Troth. I was about to switch channels, when something in Jade's opening lecture actually got my attention. There's a first time for everything!

Jade is taking the opportunity to defend the overuse of gold overlay in "high end pieces", and then starts going on about a Asprey's the jeweller's collaboration with a university on a range of jade items. So far, so meh. He is reading out some info about this off the screen, but then pointedly omits one thing from the infodump.

The screen blatantly shows that in this collaboration, purchasers of jade from this range at Asprey's will get official authentication of the jade's purity. Yet Jade Troth just skipped that bit.

Now I haven't sat through a full jade lecture in months, because I don't hate myself that much. But I don't think that I have ever heard of a Gemporia buyer or presenter refer to jade purity before. Never mind state that it makes any difference to the quality of material being sold.

I'm willing to be corrected if I am wrong, but if I am, why would Jade Troth refuse to even mention it when we could see that it's a part of the information he is choosing to dump on us?

Strange, isn't it? 🤔

Well, considering the kinds of ploys we've all seen for ourselves over the last year or so, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yet more jade with Hattie and Jade Troth. I was about to switch channels, when something in Jade's opening lecture actually got my attention. There's a first time for everything!

Jade is taking the opportunity to defend the overuse of gold overlay in "high end pieces", and then starts going on about a Asprey's the jeweller's collaboration with a university on a range of jade items. So far, so meh. He is reading out some info about this off the screen, but then pointedly omits one thing from the infodump.

The screen blatantly shows that in this collaboration, purchasers of jade from this range at Asprey's will get official authentication of the jade's purity. Yet Jade Troth just skipped that bit.

Now I haven't sat through a full jade lecture in months, because I don't hate myself that much. But I don't think that I have ever heard of a Gemporia buyer or presenter refer to jade purity before. Never mind state that it makes any difference to the quality of material being sold.

I'm willing to be corrected if I am wrong, but if I am, why would Jade Troth refuse to even mention it when we could see that it's a part of the information he is choosing to dump on us?

Strange, isn't it? 🤔
Snap. ("So far, so meh"). Jade leaves me completely cold. There are jaspers, agates and other quartz varieties that are far more interesting. Heck, I bought a doughnut shaped pendant in the untreated Branca onyx as a stocking present for a teacher friend of mine to wear as an everyday piece. It was beautiful; it was translucent to the point of almost glowing and - as it should have been - inexpensive.

Truly antique carvings in jade are beautiful. If Sally Hua is bulk selling to the Western market, you have to wonder if it's akin to the French and red wine, i.e. keeping the "good stuff" for themselves.

Latest posts

Back