James Reed TSV 10/05/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is the season for tanning but none of the tanning products I've seen so far are realistic. Everyone is orange.

CC

For many years I have not let the sun near me particularly my face. So when the sun is out I wear a hat, don’t care who sees me but for some reason people look at you because you have a hat on outside of a holiday resort, very odd to me. I am from an Italian/Maltese background, but I still protect my skin.

Aside from this I also like a nice tan so have used every fake tan, gradual tan out there. Alas not one of them looked or resembled my natural tan, regardless of the hype they all smell and they all stain my sheets.

All I would say is that the person who comes up with a really good odour free, non staining tan that you can wear face and body and also cover your hands. I cannot relate to a brown arm and white hand , if it was a natural tan your hands would not be white, then that person would be self tan millionaire.

I think we become accustomed to thinking that once the summer is here we must have an orangey fake tan and because loads of people have a fake tan it becomes normal. I don't tan at all but I'd rather be white (with all the ridicule that comes with it, especially on holiday) than be that false colour

I have never used a proper fake tan but in Summer I always use a gradual tan. Now many don't work on my skin at all, zero change, but with the ones that do I have never gone Orange and never had stained sheets. So I think the ones that start off as a white lotion must avoid the pitfalls.

I'm fair-skinned and have never sunbathed. I wear SPF all year round, but the other week I thought I'd give a faux tan a go.

I ordered the Tan Luxe TSV in light to medium. I used fewer drops than they suggested as I only wanted a healthy glow. It developed over about 4 - 6 hours and it looked ......... absolutely horrendous! An Oompah Loompah comes to mind. It was so bad that I stayed in until I'd washed/scraped it off. I'm just grateful that my fridge and cupboards were well stocked so I didn't have to go shopping for the 5 days it took to get rid of it.

It took 5 days of exfoliating, washing with cleanser and applying lemon juice to get rid of it. I rang QVC and, after the CS woman had finished laughing at my description, she said she'd post a returns label. That arrived yesterday and the package was sent back today.

I am NEVER using faux tan again. For me, pale is the way to go. I'm just glad that I was ultra cautious and didn't put more drops into my moisturiser or I'd have been the colour of that old woman who was in Benidorm! A natural tan if you use this product? I'd dispute that claim.

I'm fair-skinned and have never sunbathed. I wear SPF all year round, but the other week I thought I'd give a faux tan a go.

I ordered the Tan Luxe TSV in light to medium. I used fewer drops than they suggested as I only wanted a healthy glow. It developed over about 4 - 6 hours and it looked ......... absolutely horrendous! An Oompah Loompah comes to mind. It was so bad that I stayed in until I'd washed/scraped it off. I'm just grateful that my fridge and cupboards were well stocked so I didn't have to go shopping for the 5 days it took to get rid of it.

It took 5 days of exfoliating, washing with cleanser and applying lemon juice to get rid of it. I rang QVC and, after the CS woman had finished laughing at my description, she said she'd post a returns label. That arrived yesterday and the package was sent back today.

I am NEVER using faux tan again. For me, pale is the way to go. I'm just glad that I was ultra cautious and didn't put more drops into my moisturiser or I'd have been the colour of that old woman who was in Benidorm! A natural tan if you use this product? I'd dispute that claim.

That could be me talking. I wouldn't put fake tan on my body as it would do exactly the same as on yours, although I do use the gradual glow from time to time. Now, lets not talk about the time I henna'd my hair - flaming carrots come to mind :mysmilie_17:

CC

I wish I had done my body because I could have kept that covered up but, like an idiot I tried these 'fantastic' drops (not) on my face and neck as I was still wearing long sleeved tops and trousers. I will say, however, that continually cleansing the face and slapping lemon juice on it is a good way to exfoliate, lol, as my skin has never been so smooth (and thankfully, now pale again.)

Single
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.238208

Auto-Delivery
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239778

QVC Price £50.00
Todays Special Value Price £31.00
P&P £3.95

This Sleep Mask Discovery Collection from James Read features the new Sleep Mask Tan Face with Retinol to help address visible signs of ageing and encourage a sun-kissed look, Sleep Mask Tan Body for all-over radiance, plus a handy, super-soft tanning mitt. With formulas that work to hydrate and soothe your complexion as they tan, these lightweight, fast-drying masks are your new overnight best friend, and are perfect for promoting a golden glow from top to toe.

Your one-stop wonder - Sleep Mask Tan Face with Retinol is your essential overnight treatment to create a beautiful faux tan, while also working to smooth, plump and lift the look of your complexion with a cocktail of anti-ageing ingredients.

Stock up on tanning heroes - select our Auto Delivery option and receive this superb collection once more in 90 days, at today's great price.

Contains:

1 x Sleep Mask Tan Face with Retinol (50ml) - specially designed for your face, this clever formula is quick to dry and works to leave your complexion with a subtle golden tan overnight. Enriched with retinol, floral nectar and prodizia extracts
1 x Sleep Mask Tan Body (200ml) - a fast-drying, lightweight formula for your body that helps to give you a subtle golden glow overnight, infused with aloe vera, hyaluronic acid and algae extract
1 x tanning mitt - a double-sided tanning mitt for the face and body, which helps you apply self-tan with a flawless finish, all in a soft, machine-washable fabric

How to use:
Sleep Mask Tan Body:

Exfoliate and cleanse your skin before use
Using a tanning mitt, apply this product in circular motions onto your dry body, starting at the décolleté and working your way down, finishing with your feet
Lightly brush what's left on the mitt onto the backs of your hands
Allow the product to dry before you sleep
It will take 5 - 6 hours to develop a noticeable natural tan

Sleep Mask Tan Face with Retinol:

Onto cleansed, dry skin, apply this product onto your face using your fingers
Blend it into the hairline and the décolleté
Wash your hands after you use it and avoid contact with water for 8 hours
5-6 hours to develop a noticeable natural tan.
Please ensure to use additional sun protection after use

In my opinion the very dark luminous tan, whether real or faux, is old fashioned, belonging to the 60’s to 90’s eras. I use a Decleor gradual tan product which is also a lovely rich moisturiser and just takes the whiteness off my fair skin. I add a bit more colour with blusher and lipstick and that’s as far as I go. Most of my holidays are in Florida but I don’t sunbathe and pick up just a tinge of colour.

I’ve lost two friends in their 40’s from melanoma skin cancer and having a tan is no compensation.

ml for ml

1 x Sleep Mask Tan Face with Retinol (50ml) - Worth £26 cost £15.15
1 x Sleep Mask Tan Body (200ml) - Worth £34 with tanning mitt cost £19.80
Total Worth £60 total cost £34.95 incl p&p in calculations.
Without p&p just over half price.
I like James Read face products, but not buying as already have some.

All the models look awful, the fake tan gives them all an orangey skint one. And I do not believe that it doesn't smell.

I'm pale with red hair, I don't tan. Many moons ago on a holiday to Rhodes, I decided to buy a Clinique spray fake tan at the airport. Two days into the holiday and after far too many samboukas I decided too try out the fake tan and covered myself from head to foot. After looking in the mirror and seeing no difference I literally covered myself from head to foot in it again before going to bed. The rest of the holiday was fun, my skin was raw from scrubbing and I wore long trousers and long sleeves every day. Heed my warning !!!!

Hmmmm, yes, I can identify with that. The one I had had glitter in it as well. I think I needed a shroud not long trousers.

CC

Latest posts

Back