James Russel should be sacked from Sit-up for his constant lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thunderstorm

Registered Shopper
I have read a few threads here recently about James and his bad selling techniques and more importantly his blatant lies that now are showing on the ASA.

I will not go into detail but I have watched him from 6:30pm tonight on bid and I am truly and utterly shocked at how he can get away with such lies he says. I feel for the ones who believe his lies and rush to the phones to buy the 'real bargain' they see before their own eyes.

He should be sacked immediately and never be able to get a job within shopping TV ever again.
I am disgusted listening to him any more I will switch off if I see him again.
I want to send a complaint to the Sit-up management about him, how do i do that please?

I have read a few threads here recently about James and his bad selling techniques and more importantly his blatant lies that now are showing on the ASA.

I will not go into detail but I have watched him from 6:30pm tonight on bid and I am truly and utterly shocked at how he can get away with such lies he says. I feel for the ones who believe his lies and rush to the phones to buy the 'real bargain' they see before their own eyes.

He should be sacked immediately and never be able to get a job within shopping TV ever again.
I am disgusted listening to him any more I will switch off if I see him again.
I want to send a complaint to the Sit-up management about him, how do i do that please?
The management will ignore your complaint!
It is better to complain to the ASA.
You need to record the offending item and make a transcript of what he actually says and submit it to the ASA following the procedure on their website.

He was flogging a Earnshaw watch earlier. He mentioned the sweeping seconds hand on it. It didn't have one!!!

PLONKER!!!!!

He was flogging a Earnshaw watch earlier. He mentioned the sweeping seconds hand on it. It didn't have one!!!

PLONKER!!!!!

He's selling one now for £35. He wishes he was at home...........don't we all :rolleyes:

I was under the impression that you called 'the face' as he calls it, a dial, if you know anything about watches. A glass and a dial, not a 'face'. My husband used to go mad about that anyway :nod:

He has just given some spiel about utterly unrelated Opals to the tatt he is flogging now. James, if the stones are so valuable then why are they set in gold plate!!!!

The ring on now looks like something a little girl would have in her play jewellery.

'Go and get it valued and if you're not happy we'll give you your money back'. Minus £7.99 and (potentially) £1.53 of course.

Hideous, fat faced, bull shatting creep!

Last edited:
& Opal doublets & triplets are slices of opal placed on top of each other, they're not "solid" stones at all!! They're really & I mean REALLY CHEAP!

I'm sensing another ASA case here me thinks!!

You are of course correct, Triplets (which these are) are christmas cracker prize value.

I'd hate to be his wife knowing the lies can flow so easily from his fat grid, I really feel sorry for her.

Last edited:
I would have recorded it, I'd love to get the buggers held to account for this shamless selling, including suggesting we buy stuff for people who are "poorly" earlier then blabbing about people who were very ill may appreciate pampmering, utterly disgusting tactics!
Only problem is, hilarious tho' the incompetence of the presenters generally is on Bid I can only listen in small doses so have had the sound down & changed channels so can't rewind to hear what was said GRRRRR!

I would have recorded it, I'd love to get the buggers held to account for this shamless selling, including suggesting we buy stuff for people who are "poorly" earlier then blabbing about people who were very ill may appreciate pampmering, utterly disgusting tactics!
Only problem is, hilarious tho' the incompetence of the presenters generally is on Bid I can only listen in small doses so have had the sound down & changed channels so can't rewind to hear what was said GRRRRR!

He is doing what they all do, comparing the product on sale with a product that has barely anything in common with it.

He was selling 'triplet' opals which are basically layers of opal glued together, not quite valueless but they have very little in common with the stones he is talking about which can indeed be incredibly valuable.

It's a bit like comparing a Vauxhall to a Bentley because they are both cars.

Is it a microbe? No its a pair teeny topaz stud earrings! Even when they're blown up to the size of his head I'm struggling to see the actual stones let alone the "santa maria" colour he's rambling on about! 200 people on the phone lines tho' apparently. I certainly wouldn't pay a tenner for them!
Oh & there are "rumours" that Peter Simon is going to be on Strictly, hahaha he isn't famous even for a Z list! Oh they do live in a little fantasy world don't they!

You've just gotta love James Russell, he's just said that the "thinsulate" hat, scarf and gloves set he's flogging would be suitable to wear on an Antarctic expedition! Yep, you can just see those pics of Ranulph Fiennes tramping through the Arctic wearing a Thomas Brooks coat and that hat, scarf and gloves, oh and those ice grips on his Dr Cringles just incase he takes a tumble lol!

You've just gotta love James Russell, he's just said that the "thinsulate" hat, scarf and gloves set he's flogging would be suitable to wear on an Antarctic expedition! Yep, you can just see those pics of Ranulph Fiennes tramping through the Arctic wearing a Thomas Brooks coat and that hat, scarf and gloves, oh and those ice grips on his Dr Cringles just incase he takes a tumble lol!
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeh, I can picture the scene now, particularly on the documentary of the next expedition! I bet he takes one of those very creepy dolls they sometimes sell for a quid, (well tenner with errr "p&p & a call to order), to talk to when his oxygen levels drop lol :grin:

He's either stupid...just taking the perverbial or both! :down: :wonder:

Thinsulate gloves £3 a pair in Asda.

I have seen men's for £2 a pair in Primani.

I had a pair a while back, they are OK. Would I wear them in the Antarctic? Probably not.

Would I pay well over £10 for them? Most definitely not :puke:

Last edited:
James is at it again, selling a SatNav on Easybuy and repeatedly says excitedly 'all you pay this side of christmas is £39.99, that is ALL you pay'. He has said it at least 3 times and keeps stressing ALL.

No mention whatsoever that you MUST also pay £7.99 p+p.

And they have they dropped the 'per item' wording from the p+p on screen sign and yet are pushing multibuys more than ever. So they make the wording bigger and drop a really important part of the notice. Shady, shocking shysters :headbang:

Last edited:
Ideal World are also blighters for mis quoting the easy pay as "All you will have to pay", very shady tactics indeed! You're right Wirral!! Just seen it, just says "UK P & P £7.99!! No mention of per item!! Like I say, they seem to be walking all over the regulator. I had an idea...If the regulator keeps giving them such lame tickings off I will write to my MP. Government's the only body regulators seem to be scared of when they don't get the issues sorted themselves. I would think any decent MP would want to enquire accordingly from a moral point of view don't you think? I can't tape & relay the goings on on Bid as I work full time & miss some of the blindingly bad examples of shonky flogging. I can back the people up who do take the time to raise new complaints tho!

Also that easy melt stuff Russell's just scared the elderly & vulnerable shitless into buying, B & Q do one that looks very similar, same style container, £2.49 for 2kg, Bid's stuff is a twin pack of 1.2KG each container for £7.99 plus p&p so say £17.50 once people have paid for the ordering call & the p&p! B&Q also do a massive one 6KG for £5.50 or near that, I know I bought some last week! The product may or may not be the same but the one I bought looks pretty similar to me, SHOCKING!

Ideal World are also blighters for mis quoting the easy pay as "All you will have to pay", very shady tactics indeed! You're right Wirral!! Just seen it, just says "UK P & P £7.99!! No mention of per item!! Like I say, they seem to be walking all over the regulator. I had an idea...If the regulator keeps giving them such lame tickings off I will write to my MP. Government's the only body regulators seem to be scared of when they don't get the issues sorted themselves. I would think any decent MP would want to enquire accordingly from a moral point of view don't you think? I can't tape & relay the goings on on Bid as I work full time & miss some of the blindingly bad examples of shonky flogging. I can back the people up who do take the time to raise new complaints tho!

Also that easy melt stuff Russell's just scared the elderly & vulnerable shitless into buying, B & Q do one that looks very similar, same style container, £2.49 for 2kg, Bid's stuff is a twin pack of 1.2KG each container for £7.99 plus p&p so say £17.50 once people have paid for the ordering call & the p&p! B&Q also do a massive one 6KG for £5.50 or near that, I know I bought some last week! The product may or may not be the same but the one I bought looks pretty similar to me, SHOCKING!

Did you know they have increased the multibuy maximum quantity to NINE? Strange that isn't it, just at the same time that they remove the 'per item' wording.

They have very, very few bargains when you take the p+p into account.

Latest posts

Back