Jaquie and Charlie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Did you see them together late Sunday evening selling very reduced price Nina Leonard? They were clowning around having fun, but Jacquie couldn't control her laughter, so it finally became a bit embarrassing. She was either flirting with Charlie (probably not) or feeling embarrassed herself at his non stop silliness. In either case, I would tell her to grow up and behave more professionally. Making some light-hearted banter is fine, but for a whole hour ? Didn't she realize, he was egging her on ?

if it was Jackie Joseph I caught a bit of it - she was honking like a pig morphing into a horse , in fits over something which either I missed or went over my head, I certainly wasn’t impressed.

Someone tweeted in that Charlie was wearing a Versace suit but he said no and flashed her the brand name in the lining so more honking and a nod of approval. Then they had a discussion about him cutting the sleeves out of shirts so he could wear a jumper because he didn’t like bulk in the sleeves of a jacket. Great merriment on whether he could lift weights so big biceps.

Product details? Nah - who needs those when we can listen to inane schoolboy/girl chatter.

if it was Jackie Joseph I caught a bit of it - she was honking like a pig morphing into a horse , in fits over something which either I missed or went over my head, I certainly wasn’t impressed.

Someone tweeted in that Charlie was wearing a Versace suit but he said no and flashed her the brand name in the lining so more honking and a nod of approval. Then they had a discussion about him cutting the sleeves out of shirts so he could wear a jumper because he didn’t like bulk in the sleeves of a jacket. Great merriment on whether he could lift weights so big biceps.

Product details? Nah - who needs those when we can listen to inane schoolboy/girl chatter.
In other words, Charlie is morphing into one of the female presenters 🤬
Haven't we got enough unprofessional, irritating, badly-prepared people intruding into our homes via QVC?

I think this having iPads on set not for product details or reviews but for live interaction from watchers. Charlie always jibes at Debbie Flint for her social media followers and comments he has very few. I think he was acting up and creating with Jackie mentioning her tv programs and insighting comments from social media, as he continued to keep looking at his iPad. He even said at one point he’d screenshot a glowing comment to show to his manager. Jackie Kabler is just the same especially during the Ruth Langsford shows. It was funny the other evening Debbie Flint was on in the 11pm hour she’d made a comment about ruining fashion in the wash. Suddenly she announced FaceTime in your stories and asked the gallery who was in to process the comments. Then had to take it back when reminded that service wasn’t available as no one is employed to work on those at 11pm.

Yes, I watched this show in horror! Were they drunk? I don’t like Charlie’s presenting style, and I know it’s been commented on before. Not keen on Jackie Joseph either. I watched for about 1/2 hour, couldn’t stand them any longer, in fact I was going to start a thread myself., so thanks Grizelda! Note to Charlie - why don’t you just buy short sleeved shirts?

I think Charlie has got a cruel sense of humour (not that I’d call it humour) I remember some years ago he was telling a story about when his dad was young,
and an ‘hilarious’ episode that made the local paper. Charlie said I can’t tell you the whole story, but it involved stealing a baby penguin from a local zoo/nature center. He thought this was so funny, couldn’t stop laughing about it. Oh don’t worry he said, it all ended ok. Well I don’t think traumatising a poor small animal for amusement is remotely funny. I wonder if he’d find it so hilarious if someone took one of his dogs for fun?

I felt uncomfortable watching their show. I couldn’t decide if it was flirting or a tension between them. Either way it wasn’t appropriate.
I couldn't decide either. 11pm slot selling reduced price polyester tat, he was obviously bored & aware that he can get away with anything; he even ironically mentioned his appraisal. What an arrogant individual.

I couldn't decide either. 11pm slot selling reduced price polyester tat, he was obviously bored & aware that he can get away with anything; he even ironically mentioned his appraisal. What an arrogant individual.
He often sounds bored out of his skull. I noticed that the other day when he was on with the lovely Julien McDonald guest.

Had Alexa playing QVC early today it was a Harry Slatkin candle hour.
They were scrolling through the web site and Charlie was commenting about a Hotel Chocolate hour.
He said how he had a problem that Craig recently presented an hour of chocolate recently. He said because Craig had information on certain people at QVC which he uses to get hours at QVC.
Harry made a comment but I didn’t have the sound loud enough to hear just what he said.
To which don’t know if Charlie felt a bit arkward but he laughed through something along the lines he’d been lucky enough to get this hour, and that Craig hadn’t.

Last edited:
Over the years Charlie has always made mention on air about .... his appraisal, or hopes 'his boss' isn't watching, or hope those 'upstairs' had left the building, like he's some sort of teacher's pet who doesn't want to get caught doing wrong. Incidentally, do people on contract work have appraisals ? I've been out of the workplace so long I don't know what the protocols are anymore, but I thought appraisals were for permanent staff that worked for the company, not employed by an Agent/Agency.

He always used to mention his children a lot in the early days, but I haven't heard him mention them or his partner Michelle for years - although he does mention the dog(s).

Yes in the show with Jackie think it was, he mentioned his partner Michelle saying she had a really liking of cardigans, having plenty of them. That he’d taken one as he was short of a blanket for the dogs crate, think it was for in the car.

Latest posts

Back