Jeff Hayden tonight, after Hattie's show!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caught a bit on repeat this morning, sadly I’m asleep by 11.00, so unlikely to catch him live. Did notice that one of the hideous jade pendants has come up on his show. Dave was waxing lyrical that they had lost half the stock (54) on screen, while it stated 129 on the repeat show stock. Can’t count how many times this has happened. Good to see Jeff, though.
Now Jeff I would watch! he is very very good and love his fashion sense very smart

I find this a very odd practice they are the only company who do this in my experience. Have they always done this? It seems a little off to me to wipe your wipe your account of goods bought. I'm happy to check in and see what they are selling but as the presenters are the worst ever and the constant jade I'm happy with my decision not buy anymore.
That's only ever happened to me on websites I haven't bought from much. Which is understandable.

I would be very concerned if I was a regular Gemporia shopper and my order history keeps getting deleted. Especially if I was a much older person. So much for transparent and ethical selling 🤔

I find this a very odd practice they are the only company who do this in my experience. Have they always done this? It seems a little off to me to wipe your wipe your account of goods bought. I'm happy to check in and see what they are selling but as the presenters are the worst ever and the constant jade I'm happy with my decision not buy anymore.
I also find it odd and inconvenient. When I sent back my first return over a year ago ( it was a one off item) I did not get an email to say that “the returns have been received and processed etc”, I then saw my item on a wheel being sold I looked in ”order history”…there was no evidence that I ever bought the items or returned them. I was worried and telephoned customer services who asked me for the item number?? I never thought of taking the item number down assuming that my shopping history would have it, they could not help me without the item number? It was a very unpleasant worrying 6 weeks wait, but thankfully I did receive the refund on 1 item and credit on the other eventually.

Being inexperienced with Gemporia I did not realise that my credit is:
1) Has to be used within 6 months. There are no terms and conditions I am aware off that make it clear.
2) Credit balance is not shown Anywhere on my account, so no one knows how much they have in credit without calling the customer services or keeping their own notes with the balance.
3) In order to use it I have to make a purchase without using a split pay on any of the items contained in the order!??
4) I must telephone customer services to apply the credit to the order as there is no way of doing it if ordering online as I do usually.

Based on what I have learned about the credit it defies believe that Gemporia bothers to offer it as a tick box option on the return labels. why would anybody choose a credit if they are aware of the hidden stipulations as described above.

Wiping customer account of information on purchase history is so bizarre, unnecessary and unsettling on first experience, now I take screenshots of the order, write down all the codes and details of return and take a photo of the return label with the items that I am returning, send my returns via registered insured next day delivery (which is costly).

I have never had to resort to the above malarkey with any other companies and Gemporia’s practices with “wiping“ the order history, doing it in advance of refunds issued and the credit conditions serves extremely poorly in building relationships with customers or maintaining trust.

Last edited:
That's only ever happened to me on websites I haven't bought from much. Which is understandable.

I would be very concerned if I was a regular Gemporia shopper and my order history keeps getting deleted. Especially if I was a much older person. So much for transparent and ethical selling 🤔
All of my returns are wiped from the order history. I assume this is what is done to every customer account indiscriminately and wonder if people just not noticed it.

It is a very bizarre practice, I fail to see any reasons for it? With the exception of trying to “cover up” very late refunds perhaps 🤔

Last edited:
I also find it odd and inconvenient. When I sent back my first return over a year ago ( it was a one off item) I did not get an email to say that “the returns have been received and processed etc”, I then saw my item on a wheel being sold I looked in ”order history”…there was no evidence that I ever bought the items or returned them. I was worried and telephoned customer services who asked me for the item number?? I never thought of taking the item number down assuming that my shopping history would have it, they could not help me without the item number? It was a very unpleasant worrying 6 weeks wait, but thankfully I did receive the refund on 1 item and credit on the other eventually.

Being inexperienced with Gemporia I did not realise that my credit is:
1) Has to be used within 6 months. There are no terms and conditions I am aware off that make it clear.
2) Credit balance is not shown Anywhere on my account, so no one knows how much they have in credit without calling the customer services or keeping their own notes with the balance.
3) In order to use it I have to make a purchase without using a split pay on any of the items contained in the order!??
4) I must telephone customer services to apply the credit to the order as there is no way of doing it if ordering online as I do usually.

Based on what I have learned about the credit it defies believe that Gemporia bothers to offer it as a tick box option on the return labels. why would anybody choose a credit if they are aware of the hidden stipulations as described above.

Wiping customer account of information on purchase history is so bizarre, unnecessary and unsettling on first experience, now I take screenshots of the order, write down all the codes and details of return and take a photo of the return label with the items that I am returning, send my returns via registered insured next day delivery (which is costly).

I have never had to resort to the above malarkey with any other companies and Gemporia’s practices with “wiping“ the order history, doing it in advance of refunds issued and the credit conditions serves extremely poorly in building relationships with customers or maintaining trust.
Never knew half of this!! It's quite worrying as it always been the same?

Never knew half of this!! It's quite worrying as it always been the same?
I genuinely don’t know about “always” as I only made my first purchase just over a year ago.

This practice is highly questionable and I have no reason to think that it only happened to me. I wonder if it was the same practice from the start.

Maybe people who are considerably more experienced with years of being the “part of the family” will check their accounts for the returns being documented.

It doesn’t change anything, but I am surprised that if this practice was going on, no one has questioned it 😞

I genuinely don’t know about “always” as I only made my first purchase just over a year ago.

This practice is highly questionable and I have no reason to think that it only happened to me. I wonder if it was the same practice from the start.

Maybe people who are considerably more experienced with years of being the “part of the family” will check their accounts for the returns being documented.

It doesn’t change anything, but I am surprised that if this practice was going on, no one has questioned it 😞
My returns from the past are still on my account history. But then I haven’t made a purchase from them for a few years now because of all the reasons stated by others on this forum. So it’s a relatively recent thing I would assume.

My returns from the past are still on my account history. But then I haven’t made a purchase from them for a few years now because of all the reasons stated by others on this forum. So it’s a relatively recent thing I would assume.
Thank you so much for posting, as a new customer of Gemporia my returns from the March last year are deleted and not Documented in my order history. It might be a change that taken place in the last year and it is more worrying if the company was going into administration. I have ordered a lot and none of returns are present in my account history to date. I would welcome anyone checking their account and their experiences.

Around the same time the turnaround time for refunds started slipping, maybe?

Well, Gemporia does call itself and its customers a "family". Just like mine it randomly omits the truth and gaslights everyone.

Jim needs to calm down a little, detox from the jewellery channel spiel and talk more about the gems (less "check out now" type banter). He just showed an aquamarine and referred to it consistently as "aquaprase". His brain didn't even flicker - 3 times! They're not remotely similar visually.

Jim needs to calm down a little, detox from the jewellery channel spiel and talk more about the gems (less "check out now" type banter). He just showed an aquamarine and referred to it consistently as "aquaprase". His brain didn't even flicker - 3 times! They're not remotely similar visually.
Oh dear he hasn't quite got the hang of it yet but I'm sure he will well I hope

I don't get the love for Jim. He's as pushy as any of the other presenters, but rather than glare at the camera until someone buys, or running silly "games of trust" with people just wanting to see some jewellery, get the relevant details about it, and then the price, Jim bounds up and down like a two year old who has finally managed to use their potty without missing.

Which might have been cute when he first joined the company, but he's got to be in his mid-40s at least now, and he's got kids of his own. He's getting a bit long in the tooth for the overexcited kid act. It's a bit like watching the Krankies, where a 70+ year old woman is pretending to be a 9-10 year old boy.

I don't get the love for Jim. He's as pushy as any of the other presenters, but rather than glare at the camera until someone buys, or running silly "games of trust" with people just wanting to see some jewellery, get the relevant details about it, and then the price, Jim bounds up and down like a two year old who has finally managed to use their potty without missing.

Which might have been cute when he first joined the company, but he's got to be in his mid-40s at least now, and he's got kids of his own. He's getting a bit long in the tooth for the overexcited kid act. It's a bit like watching the Krankies, where a 70+ year old woman is pretending to be a 9-10 year old boy.
Completely agree, I struggle to see what is great about Jim and don't find him very watchable or persuasive. His excessive excitement and mannerisms make him equally as irritating as others imo.

And yes, I am bitter 🤣

I'd just like to see items, and get given enough relevant information to make an informed decision to buy in a calm and measured manner.

I don't want or need Gemporia sales staff demanding that viewers buy, or telling me to buy something without getting details on it first. I don't need them bouncing up and down and screeching at me incomprehensibly like they've overdone something illicit before the show.

The fact that Gemporia continually relies on ruses and their staff saying anything but giving detailed information on their jewellery means that they'll never have my trust. And definitely won't ever get their hands on my money

Nah, each to their own, but i think Jim is totally different to Jess and Co. He doesn't scream and shout, or use the same phrases on repeat, or keep talking to the gallery calling people "Claire Bear" and "Haylz" every 30 seconds.

He's capable of actually stopping for breath, breaking up presentations up by talking about things he's done or life in general, and he is actually knowledgeable and tells us about stones, how and where they're mined, etc rather than using meaningless descriptions like "the light is dancing out of this piece" or "it's big, it's bold".

Unlike the other presenters that think they're auditioning for Hollyoaks with their poor acting and shocked faces when prices drop, Jim makes no secret of the fact that presenters have sheets with the prices already written on them in advance - whereas the others do their crap shocked faces even though they know what the prices are going to be before they go on air.

It's nice to have a calmer presenter that can talk normally instead of the usual suspects that shriek at us constantly.

Latest posts

Back