Jeff Hayden

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
Ive seen Jeff a few times lately - he seems to have taken over from Ruth in the 11 pm slot. I did wonder if he was any relation to Alex who used to be on there and is now on QVC from time to time with fashion. Tonight he mentioned that his sister used to work there so I assume he was referring to Alex. Apologies if people already now this.

Ive seen Jeff a few times lately - he seems to have taken over from Ruth in the 11 pm slot. I did wonder if he was any relation to Alex who used to be on there and is now on QVC from time to time with fashion. Tonight he mentioned that his sister used to work there so I assume he was referring to Alex. Apologies if people already now this.

Yes his sister is Alex

Watching Jeff now, and e is harmless but he really needs a new phrase to use than "coming through".

Gems have colours that are coming through. Price reductions are coming through. Messages from viewers are coming through. And the buyers are, yep, coming through to buy. It's annoying when he's saying it over, and over, and over...

One he really gets into it, everything is coming through. Last week he got into autogab, and thanked a ring for coming through.

Is he the one with glasses who also thanks everyone for getting involved all the time?
That's him! And he looks like he's wearing Liberace's pyjamas to work.

Yes, that's another one: "Thanks to everyone for getting involved" every 5 minutes. Is like Jilly Halliday on Q with "You're gunna luv dis". I get that flogging stuff that you're only vaguely bothered about is repetitive and boring, but if you're going to do it, at least come up with new ways of doing it

I like Jeff although I haven't seen him for a while. He can be repetitive but I can cope with him it's the others that make me cringe

Actually, my favourite presenter. He does occasionally get into a catchphrase loop, but I like Jeff. I used to like Drew a lot too - but he is on the list of the Gemporia missing. I prefer the early morning presenters, they usually have less ego and Jeff does actually know about and talk about the stones, instead of just wittering on about nonsense.

Jeff is my favourite presenter, and I like Derek Marks too. Definitely miss Drew, easy to listen to and no irritating phrases- well, none I remember. Unlike the rest of the morning crew and the ‘there’s no management in the building’ - Yes Amelia, this means you! Does anyone ever get taken in by this nonsense?

Jeff is my favourite presenter, and I like Derek Marks too. Definitely miss Drew, easy to listen to and no irritating phrases- well, none I remember. Unlike the rest of the morning crew and the ‘there’s no management in the building’ - Yes Amelia, this means you! Does anyone ever get taken in by this nonsense?
Yes Derek Marks is good also, easy way about him without all this and gets the job done.

Agree about Jeff. He’s been at gems 10 years I think he said once, albeit not as a presenter the entire time. So he has experience and is calm and controlled.
But it’s just typical of Gemporia’s poor decision making that he’s on the late/early shifts. They put experienced, calm and competent presenters like him, Drew, Ruth and Derek on the graveyard shifts and shrieking Hattie and Jess on the prime time shows. I do miss the older presenters. I found Gemporia when I was going through a tough time and it was comforting to listen to. Informative. Genuine sounding presenters who seemed to enjoy their job and knew lots about gems. I get a headache watching it nowadays. It’s manic selling, almost like a cattle market.

Agree about Jeff. He’s been at gems 10 years I think he said once, albeit not as a presenter the entire time. So he has experience and is calm and controlled.
But it’s just typical of Gemporia’s poor decision making that he’s on the late/early shifts. They put experienced, calm and competent presenters like him, Drew, Ruth and Derek on the graveyard shifts and shrieking Hattie and Jess on the prime time shows. I do miss the older presenters. I found Gemporia when I was going through a tough time and it was comforting to listen to. Informative. Genuine sounding presenters who seemed to enjoy their job and knew lots about gems. I get a headache watching it nowadays. It’s manic selling, almost like a cattle market.
absolutely agree today was another unbearable day had to switch off from Hattie and Ellie. Went back later on only to find Dave selling yet more jade you remember the gem which is rare and impossible to bring to the screen!!! It's like the Argyle diamonds and many other gems which they are supposedly no longer able to bring. I have no idea what has happened to this company my guess would be very poor management, the repetition of the same items at ridiculous prices and of course the best presenters leaving. Seems like common sense has left the building along with the the very best presenters. Like I have said before it used to be an interesting ,informative show now too many egotistical people claiming all kinds of things for cheap stones and over the top prices.

If it’s unbearable, why do you watch it? Seems really odd to get so wound up about something that no one is forcing you to be a part of. You clearly don’t buy the products, so instead of moaning, get a life and move on

If it’s unbearable, why do you watch it? Seems really odd to get so wound up about something that no one is forcing you to be a part of. You clearly don’t buy the products, so instead of moaning, get a life and move on
You seem to be quite angry yourself. Unless you are actually linked to the company. If so I think it’s a shame that you aren’t listening to your previously loyal customer base and instead insulting them on their feedback. The majority of people on this site were regular customers and I in fact have spent a significant amount of money over the last ten years. But if the new ethos is to insult customers who are dismayed that the business is changing then I honestly won’t spend another penny there.

That's the problem I have bought the products!!! Most of which has been returned and waiting for my refunds. I can complain after being a customer for many years, Gems has deteriorated both in service and presenters and I watch from time to time in the hope it can be revived to its former self and people complaining about poor service just may rally them. Oh by the way I do have a life...

That's the problem I have bought the products!!! Most of which has been returned and waiting for my refunds. I can complain after being a customer for many years, Gems has deteriorated both in service and presenters and I watch from time to time in the hope it can be revived to its former self and people complaining about poor service just may rally them. Oh by the way I do have a life...
Apologies, this was to the thread not to you personally. You watch from time to time yet would be gutted if it shut and then would complain about it not being there, hence being on a forum about shopping tv. The irony

Latest posts

Back