Jess Foley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

xerxes

Registered Shopper
I really am sick and tired of her imploring people to buy as many as you can. Does she not realise many have lost their jobs and are probably just treating themselves. All her false wows and omgs are so over the top. You’ve won the Oscar!

I can't watch her. She oozes insincerity. Miss Foley could be giving the Koh-i-Noor away for free, and I wouldn't trust her.

And all the fake shock over prices from her and other Gemporia presenters makes me laugh. It isn't like they prepare for their shows beforehand, is it?

I can't watch her. She oozes insincerity. Miss Foley could be giving the Koh-i-Noor away for free, and I wouldn't trust her.

And all the fake shock over prices from her and other Gemporia presenters makes me laugh. It isn't like they prepare for their shows beforehand, is it?
I agree about Jess and her insincerity. There are very few I have any time for. Ruth Linnet is my favourite because she doesnt take anything too seriously but I bet she gets the sales because she is entertaining without being false. I dont watch much during the day but I like Kate McCarthy and Ellis. Cant stand Adina or Hattie and have completely gone off Lyn Jinks after her make over as she looks so hard now. As for Dave Troth, well what is the point of him. He looks like he is going to burst into tears all the time.

I love that comment about Dave Troth! You're so right! If that's how he is on telly, just how aggressive can he be in clinching all of these amazing deals he and Slim Jim Jake are supposed to be getting?

I agree with you about Adina, Hattie and Lyn. Whoever did Lyn's makeover obviously hadn't heard of the phrase "less is more". I have occastionally seen Kati Elliott piling the slap on in demonstrations, but a) she's young, and can get away with it, and b) Gemporia want to sell as many products as possible. So on goes the primer, concealer, foundation, blusher, contouring stuff etc. etc. Lyn looks like she fell face first into her makeup bag while drunk three nights ago, and has slept continually since.

I do like Ruth. She's great entertainment when I can't sleep. But I wouldn't buy anything from her. Most of the time she's off on a tangent and hardly discusses the jewellery. Which is funny in itself when people storm in to buy without really knowing what they're buying.

Finally, I can't stand Ellis. I have never liked her since her IW days. She's another one who oozes fake sincerity. I do wonder what Angeline Davies really thinks about Ellis, and vice versa. I can't imagine that there's much love lost there 😏

I love that comment about Dave Troth! You're so right! If that's how he is on telly, just how aggressive can he be in clinching all of these amazing deals he and Slim Jim Jake are supposed to be getting?

I agree with you about Adina, Hattie and Lyn. Whoever did Lyn's makeover obviously hadn't heard of the phrase "less is more". I have occastionally seen Kati Elliott piling the slap on in demonstrations, but a) she's young, and can get away with it, and b) Gemporia want to sell as many products as possible. So on goes the primer, concealer, foundation, blusher, contouring stuff etc. etc. Lyn looks like she fell face first into her makeup bag while drunk three nights ago, and has slept continually since.

I do like Ruth. She's great entertainment when I can't sleep. But I wouldn't buy anything from her. Most of the time she's off on a tangent and hardly discusses the jewellery. Which is funny in itself when people storm in to buy without really knowing what they're buying.

Finally, I can't stand Ellis. I have never liked her since her IW days. She's another one who oozes fake sincerity. I do wonder what Angeline Davies really thinks about Ellis, and vice versa. I can't imagine that there's much love lost there 😏
I so agree about Lyn Jinks. I can't watch her any more because she is obviously trying to look younger than she is. She used to look nice and natural but she has ruined herself with the botox in her forehead and that awful eye makeup. Such a shame when people can't grow old gracefully

ALL of them say things they KNOW are not true, e.g. 'It's very unlikely that we'll ever see this ultra-rare gemstone again' when--hey presto--there's another entire showcase of it two days later; or 'We never normally see this carat weight of this gemstone at this price' when either (a) it is, in fact, the normal price or (b) it's very inferior quality. By contrast, look at Laura Schofield on TJC: I heard her say recently that she never oversells anything, and I really don't think she does. Of course she emphasises the virtues of whatever it is she is trying to sell, but she doesn't get all overexcited, and she doesn't tell porkies. So it IS possible to sell in an ethical way, after all!

I was flicking around the channels mid-week, and they were actually selling kitchen plastic food box things. Now, I will say I was waiting for kitchen stuff to start appearing.

These are not your bog-standard cheap plastic food boxes you can buy in Poundland. Oh no, these are Gems special food storage boxes that have sat next to an ultra rare Tiffany diamond on our shelves.

I was flicking around the channels mid-week, and they were actually selling kitchen plastic food box things. Now, I will say I was waiting for kitchen stuff to start appearing.

These are not your bog-standard cheap plastic food boxes you can buy in Poundland. Oh no, these are Gems special food storage boxes that have sat next to an ultra rare Tiffany diamond on our shelves.
Wow. Both Gemporia and TJC are firmly down the Bid.TV rabbit hole now.

Was channel hopping yesterday, and landed on Gems as Ellis and Hattie were flogging the Destello plastic bags and plastic scarves. Hattie told Ellis a not very exceptional scarf suited her, when Ellis responded that a viewer had bought her a (presumably Gems own brand) scarf in a coloyr she would not normally wear (Ellis, not the customer).

Now when I was a shop assistant at BHS, way back in the mists of time) we were told quite strongly that we couldn't accept gifts from customers, no matter how small in value. Presumably because those customers might be a bit doolally and start stalking the sales assistant. Not to mention the fact that it's a bit tacky.

But neither Hattie or Ellis said anything about returning the item. Which is really bad IMO. It's taking advantage of people who may not have a great deal of money. And if Ellis and company wanted Gemporia products, they can surely use their staff discount to buy them for themselves.

I joined this forum just to agree with the original post. :D

I buy a fair bit from Gemporia, most of the time items under £30 as a monthly treat to myself, and find Jess really difficult to watch. It's everything from the constant "WOW!" to the sharp intakes of breath like "HURRR!" which are just incredibly insincere.

VapidStoat, I love Hattie's scarves, and some of the bags. I'm fine with PU material - honestly, I couldn't afford the leather kind anyway, and I can have several items for the same price. Visage make up is really good too, in my opinion. If it gets you compliments and didn't break the bank, that's a win win in my book. :) I do think the presenters are sometimes a little too pally with the public, calling buyers their friends and such. Too many unhinged people out there.

VapidStoat, I love Hattie's scarves, and some of the bags. I'm fine with PU material - honestly, I couldn't afford the leather kind anyway, and I can have several items for the same price. Visage make up is really good too, in my opinion. If it gets you compliments and didn't break the bank, that's a win win in my book. :) I do think the presenters are sometimes a little too pally with the public, calling buyers their friends and such. Too many unhinged people out there.
I am glad that you like Gemporia's accessories. I have no issue with them being created using man-made materials. I really don't. But this is a company rhat constantly screams about how it won't use created crystals or base metals.

Yet I have only once heard Hattie explain exactly what the bags are made from, and never heard them discuss the scarves' composition. Usually, presenters use the euphemism "vegan leather" without saying what that is. Now, many people might get it, but there will still be viewers who won't. And considering that the sales of goods in the UK is supposed to be transparent, so potential buyers know exactly what they will be receiving, this is very sketchy behaviour.

And it doesn't make me feel any kind of confidence in buying from them.

I am glad that you like Gemporia's accessories. I have no issue with them being created using man-made materials. I really don't. But this is a company rhat constantly screams about how it won't use created crystals or base metals.

Yet I have only once heard Hattie explain exactly what the bags are made from, and never heard them discuss the scarves' composition. Usually, presenters use the euphemism "vegan leather" without saying what that is. Now, many people might get it, but there will still be viewers who won't. And considering that the sales of goods in the UK is supposed to be transparent, so potential buyers know exactly what they will be receiving, this is very sketchy behaviour.

And it doesn't make me feel any kind of confidence in buying from them.
I bought one of her bags, it was returned very quickly due to it being cheap and nasty. Vegan leather, plastic in other words, it had the most dreadful smell, it looked tacky and I honesty do not believe for one minute that Hattie would use or carry any of her own bags out in public. I wouldn't recommend this brand, you can buy much nicer ones in your local supermarket for around the same price.

And in other news......does Adina only own the one dress?

It is one year today since the first lockdown, more than125.000 people have died. Currently jess is flogging some gold angel bookends, what does she come out with? 'Sadly a lot of people have lost family and close friends over last year, this could be a symbol to remember them. Today of all days could be a special time to acquire a guardian angel ornament for the home'.
I am lost for words.

It is one year today since the first lockdown, more than125.000 people have died. Currently jess is flogging some gold angel bookends, what does she come out with? 'Sadly a lot of people have lost family and close friends over last year, this could be a symbol to remember them. Today of all days could be a special time to acquire a guardian angel ornament for the home'.
I am lost for words.
I saw this. Couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Totally shocked.

Latest posts

Back