Jess Foley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jess Foley with one of her usual influential lines:

"I'll be honest with you - get as many as you can".

Consider it done Jess. Great advice. Just bought 28 of these rings.

Just got to wait for another 20 fingers to grow so that I can wear them all. Can't wait! 😀
"I'll be honest with you..."

When, Jess?

As I mentioned it here, I got that peridot ring today. Nice, from the front. I've had gold rings (this is silver) from Gems, and they've had thin 'back' bands. This one. If it were any thinner it'd break in a heartbeat. If I wore it at night: I do have two non-Gemporia rings that I do wear day in and day out. But this one'd be broken probably the same night. Excited? Well, I will tell you. The front, where the stones obviously are is around 8 or 9 mm. The back is 1.5mm and that's being generous. So, rounding it up for convenience, it downsizes from 10mm to 1mm. Where I am going with this is, how can they skimp on silver / metal that much? Gold, I could understand.

Well, if they're doing the same with silver as they've done with gold over many years now, then the silver's just not worth buying. As TMWNN has said, silver isn't that expensive and for the prices they're asking even for silver, they surely must be rivalling Dick Turpin's escapades?

So what have they got going for them? Er, bog-standard (mostly treated) stones that are overpriced, gold settings that are paper-thin and should come with a magnifying glass, and ever-shrinking silver settings. Oh, I forgot....they've got candles...and candles (did I mention candles?), beautiful(?) decorative items and other overpriced 'stuff'. What amazes me is how they keep going - they used to be a class channel when compared with the likes of IW, but now they seem to be racing them to the bottom of the pile.

Well, if they're doing the same with silver as they've done with gold over many years now, then the silver's just not worth buying. As TMWNN has said, silver isn't that expensive and for the prices they're asking even for silver, they surely must be rivalling Dick Turpin's escapades?

So what have they got going for them? Er, bog-standard (mostly treated) stones that are overpriced, gold settings that are paper-thin and should come with a magnifying glass, and ever-shrinking silver settings. Oh, I forgot....they've got candles...and candles (did I mention candles?), beautiful(?) decorative items and other overpriced 'stuff'. What amazes me is how they keep going - they used to be a class channel when compared with the likes of IW, but now they seem to be racing them to the bottom of the pile.

They've got Jade. What more could you possibly want.

M watching now with the sound off as I think it’s Jess Foley on with a bearded chap (not Jade Trough). They are selling a rather pretty Ambillobe Sphene ring, it’s now been on for 25 minutes with price every so often going down. They have 1 ring only! Oh for the days when they’d have probably shown and sold at least5 different items in that amount of time. Turning off as now as I’ve got paint to watch drying.

M watching now with the sound off as I think it’s Jess Foley on with a bearded chap (not Jade Trough). They are selling a rather pretty Ambillobe Sphene ring, it’s now been on for 25 minutes with price every so often going down. They have 1 ring only! Oh for the days when they’d have probably shown and sold at least5 different items in that amount of time. Turning off as now as I’ve got paint to watch drying.

Just looked. It's Toby Cavill.

It baffles me why Gemporia think that this format is entertaining to viewers.

I wonder how many times Jess Foley says "Absolutely" in 25 minutes.

That's one of the most annoying things about Gemporia now. The time they take to sell an item. I cannot get my head around it at all. Just sell whatever it is you are selling and get on with it. It is so boring!

Don't ya just love it. Being told that buyers will take the stone out of 'whatever' it's set in and reset it in either 18k or platinum. IF you could afford to do that, you'd buy a ring already set into either or, yes? I know I would. If I could :p
If the stone is good enough to set into 18k gold or Platinun, then why didn't THEY do it?

Unless, of course, she's bulls**tting!

Don't ya just love it. Being told that buyers will take the stone out of 'whatever' it's set in and reset it in either 18k or platinum. IF you could afford to do that, you'd buy a ring already set into either or, yes? I know I would. If I could :p
Oh gawd, they're not giving out with that old chestnut again, are they? It's up there with 'you're saving more than you're spending' as one of the mantras that the salespeople (can't really call them 'presenters', can you?) used to come out with. The note of desperation has now become a concerto, what will they come up with next.

Oh gawd, they're not giving out with that old chestnut again, are they? It's up there with 'you're saving more than you're spending' as one of the mantras that the salespeople (can't really call them 'presenters', can you?) used to come out with. The note of desperation has now become a concerto, what will they come up with next.

Jade, probably.

Latest posts

Back