JF Butler and Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the green man

Registered Shopper
This lady needs help !

Talking to Simon Wilson,who looked less than happy with her I'm a thicko act.
Talking about presenters photos when they were seventeen she said quote,"hers isn't on there because she hasn't reached it yet and has another year to go"
She is in that big river called dnile.

This lady needs help !

Talking to Simon Wilson,who looked less than happy with her I'm a thicko act.
Talking about presenters photos when they were seventeen she said quote,"hers isn't on there because she hasn't reached it yet and has another year to go"
She is in that big river called dnile.

Well she certainly acts like a 16 year old !! ****** woman !! Really cannot bear her pathetic & constant childish whinging. She must have the hide of a rhinocerous if she reads this forum as no one has a good word for her. Or maybe she can't read. She acts that thick.

saw JF in the Bare Escentuals hour & thought she looked quite subdued & if possible paler & more drawn than usual.Perhaps she id aware of how 'popular' she is.Then I had a power cut before I could send this comment.Thinks-----is my electricity supplied by QVC & I have been 'cut off'?

Simon seemed 'surprised' to have a double helping of Girly Jill, think he was expecting his great mate JR? ( @5'pm will switch off now can't stand these accessories!)

Sorry this is just getting really spitful. I like JF, she's a person doing a job and while I've had a dig at Julia Roberts for her preening etc. I've never seen anything like the sheer hatred directed at poor Jill Franks.

She comes across as a nice enough person. For heavens sake lay off her, it's getting like playground bullies.

I'm afraid I won't. Watched little QVC during the summer hols because she was constantly on and now everytime I turn on there she is still I don't hate her personally I just find her presentation a complete switch off.I have tried watching without the sound but it doesn't work. She needs retraining . This is what would happen if QVC listened to their customers. I am not a lone voice in the wilderness.

Well I'm gonna stick up for her as I've done in the past. She doesn't irritate me at all, I think she's quite sweet. The only one I can't watch is HRH Look-At-Me who annoys me to death.

Well she certainly acts like a 16 year old !! ****** woman !! Really cannot bear her pathetic & constant childish whinging. She must have the hide of a rhinocerous if she reads this forum as no one has a good word for her. Or maybe she can't read. She acts that thick.

Not true !

I find myself on here daily, defending JF because I really don't mind her. She does come across as a bit dim and ditsy but there's nothing of the prima donna about her, nor the lunatic flailing of arms and maniacal grin from others I can (and do) mention. She was so spontaneously funny with those wellies yesterday, made me laugh.

SW has got a bit too comfy with JR, at times I feel like I'm intruding. I guess I go against the flow in other ways, I find Dale completely smarmy and insincere and Pippa is too loud and gushing - switch them both off. I like CB.

There, got it off my chest !

All the presenters on QVC have their own style of presenting and its inevitable that some people will dislike some styles more than others but I do think that calling people thick and hurling personal insults around is really un-necessary Jill can be irritating at times as can they all but she is certainly not "thick" or immature. If you take a look around you there are people with the same sort of traits when talking about something as she has.
I do wonder sometimes what people on here would make of each others presenting style as there does seem to be a feeling that watching shopping telly makes you an expert on how to present something.
By all means criticise when information is missing or wrong but dont use personal insults to make your point

I don't mind JF either,sometimes she witters on a bit but she doesn't irritate me particularly.

Claire Sutton is my bugbear..cannot stand her falseness, her totally patronising juvenile presenting style,and her gushing baby talk..now she does need re training :down:

I don't mind JF either,sometimes she witters on a bit but she doesn't irritate me particularly.

Claire Sutton is my bugbear..cannot stand her falseness, her totally patronising juvenile presenting style,and her gushing baby talk..now she does need re training :down:

I suppose it just goes to show what we all actually know - we're all different and we all have different likes & dislikes..I could watch Claire all evening, I find her entertaining and her enthusiasm endearing - JF..sorry..nope, she is too fond of finding everything amaaaaaazing and she just can't live without it...I flick round and watch one of the God channels instead!! Amen...

Accepted BUT when you are on the telly QVC or mainstream you are open to critcs you may be liked or hated with no criteria given, that is the name of the game! I don't easily agree with it but as someone who has felt the worst of a certain industry in my working life the life can often be a b***** & there are is no come back----- just take it!It is difficult I know!!

I haven't been on the forum in ages but couldn't let this one pass. People are entitled to their opinions on JF, JR, CB and anyone else for that matter. CB gets quite a lot of stick as well, it's not a personal vendetta against JF. She has been on TV a lot recently and it can be annoying if she is always going on about being girly, liking pink and acting like a complete air head. Why shouldn't people be alowed to criticise this? JR is Queen Bee, CB is apparently more smarmy than Leslie Phillips (hellllooo) and little girl lost CS acts younger than her children. So What!!!
When on TV, criticism is inevitable, people like to compare themselves with others and criticise them when they don't come up to expectations. I am sure Madonna, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Quentin Tarrantino etc aren't liked by all and on any Forum at any time someone is doing exactly what people are doing here, no biggy.
As for JF, even SW said he had been duped. On the earlier show JF told him she'd be seeing him at five but backtracked when SW made a bit of a deal about it and said maybe she was doing the 6 o'clock show instead. SW said that JR had done the 5 o'clock show for 17 years. The gripe really should be with whoever didn't put JR on this show, maybe even buzzy herself. I think SW was quite rude and I don't like JF but I did feel sorry for her then.
Personally I don't like CR, he's really annoying and DF is not nice to listen to although I like her hair colour. I turn off Alison big gob and not so Young off because her shouty voice and attitude is sh**e. She used to look down her nose at people who acually had a family rather than live their parenthood through their animals.
I thought Dale was superb with the travelon lady, they had a really good laugh together, much better than when DG was with her later and for this reason I like him the best, I also like Chuntley, so there you go, Thank God we're all different.

Criticism is one thing but personal insults are something totally different and saying someone is thick is not a criticism its an insult.
I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion and that there are a number of presenters who do seem to open themselves up for criticism but I still dont think the mere fact that someone is on TV means that it is open season on them for others to insult them.

Isn't it human nature to make comparisons, whether right or wrong? People do comparisons to make themselves feel better, but if no one is allowed to say someone is thick for fear of upsetting another person then maybe it's better not to have forums because they are designed to allow people to have a say. I don't think JF is criticised just because she is on TV, if she worked in an office or shop or wherever, coming out with what she does, she would probably be criticised/insulted more, and there may be no one to stand up for her. In fact she's lucky because there are so many on her side. I agree that we don't know her so maybe have no right to make such rash statements about her, but that's why people make the comments they do, because she makes these dim statements herself in the first place which leads others to think she has nothing else in her life, and that's what people understand about her. If someone was constantly whingeing others would criticise and keep their distance - basically it's boring whichever way you look at it, does she have anything else to add to a conversation because I've never heard much else? And I don't really mind her. :happy:

She's a presenter and her presenting is atrocious, filled with inanity and with zero information about the item being sold, other than it's amaaaazing, she couldn't live without it, Larry uses it, and she is absolutely loving it, especially with her being such a girly girl. Surely one of the reasons customers end up sending items back is because the relevant information isn't given during the presentation? Why should the customers then be harrassed by QVC for deciding to try a product and, finding it unsuitable, returning it under the 30 day MBG? If all apropos information was relayed by the presenter, this would be a less frequent scenario. JF isn't the only one guilty of this, but she is a candidate for the title of Worst Offender, and is, therefore, going to come under fire on a forum such as this. I also have never forgotten her response to a t-caller who had just lost her daughter, and I sincerely hope she was upbraided at the time for her insensitivity.
As to her intelligence, well, she appears to think that Kipling bags were 'invented' by Rudyard Kipling, that well-known designer, novelist, war poet and all-round Renaissance Man. I can just imagine his meeting with the last century equivalent of QVC:
"Now, what I've got in mind, see, is a bijou bag in a fetching primary colour, and you're going to really like this touch - a little toy monkey as a sort of keyring. I got the idea when I was working on The Jungle Book. I think it'll catch on..."
However, just to show that I'm not focusing on her alone, how about a brief rundown of the irritating, (or, to some, endearing...) traits of her fellow QVC-ers? I won't name names, but all guesses will be entered into a prize draw, where the winner will receive a gorgeous wee giftie, with an every quibble you can think of 30 day money back guarantee:

"...And this is your actual mascara, which you apply to your actual eyelashes, in your eye area, literally. And this actual presteejus product is used by actual celebrities, literally, who have it flown out to them on their own private actual planes, literally. You'll need to jump to the phones, literally, especially if you want the actual meejum, which is literally pewer and will last you for yurs and yurs, literally. This has been seen in the actual pages of presteejus magazines like Heat and Horse-Shaggers Weekly, literally, and all the big names like Jimmy Saville and Debbie Magee, literally use this actual product when they're appearing at presteejus actual premieres, literally. Buy one for your babysitter, one for your neighbour, literally, and one for your actual friend's son who's just joined that actual religious cult, literally, and what about getting an actual one for your actual uncle who's still stuck in Guantanamo Bay, literally..."

"...And this one's in whoops, er, um, I mean, erm, ah, well, it's a sort of greenish, purplish, oh, is it? Oh, yes, so it is, yellow, and it's whoops, oh, I think that's broken, but er, ah, erm, as you were saying, Michelle, I mean Kim, oops, sorry, Dennis, it would ooops, oh, that's fallen of the erm hanger, really suit a tallish, petite-ish woman on the slimmish plumpish side. And that last ballgown, er, tracksuit, oh, no, it was, wasn't it, yes, camisole, item number 123456, oh, no, that's the item coming up, but that last silver vest has sold out in the black ooops option, and I think this would be wonderful for oh, crikey, it's fallen, ooops, erm, ah, um..."

"And this Balance and Brighten is just so lovely wovely and would be really super for going for a coffee woffee with your bestest friendy wendy, and you just apply it to the facey wacey and it looks lovely, and we all want to look glammy wammy, don't we?"

"Now, I'm wearing the small, and the item numbah is on your screen now, along with the colah, as modelled by Tanyah, whatevah, and I'll be honest with you, awww, bless her, now this next one I was wearing before in the small, but the models will be in the extrah large, so take a little lurk at the numbah, and I'll be really honest with you now..."

"And you're absolutely loving this because it's absolutely superb and will stand you in good stead, and at just fordy pounds you really can't go wrong. Now this next item is absolutely superb and will definitely stand you in good stead, and it's only fifdy pounds and fordy eight pence, and you're absolutely loving this because it's absolutely superb..."

"And my old Gran used to say..."

"Take....a....look....at....this...today's...special...value...from...q...v...c...the...shopping...channel...I'm....going...to....have...to...rush...through...this...because...I'm...due...back...at...my...other...job...as...a...serial...killer...just...look...at...what...I...did...to...this...charlie...bear...earlier..."

"...And this is your actual mascara, which you apply to your actual eyelashes, in your eye area, literally. And this actual presteejus product is used by actual celebrities, literally, who have it flown out to them on their own private actual planes, literally. You'll need to jump to the phones, literally, especially if you want the actual meejum, which is literally pewer and will last you for yurs and yurs, literally. This has been seen in the actual pages of presteejus magazines like Heat and Horse-Shaggers Weekly, literally, and all the big names like Jimmy Saville and Debbie Magee, literally use this actual product when they're appearing at presteejus actual premieres, literally. Buy one for your babysitter, one for your neighbour, literally, and one for your actual friend's son who's just joined that actual religious cult, literally, and what about getting an actual one for your actual uncle who's still stuck in Guantanamo Bay, literally..."

"...And this one's in whoops, er, um, I mean, erm, ah, well, it's a sort of greenish, purplish, oh, is it? Oh, yes, so it is, yellow, and it's whoops, oh, I think that's broken, but er, ah, erm, as you were saying, Michelle, I mean Kim, oops, sorry, Dennis, it would ooops, oh, that's fallen of the erm hanger, really suit a tallish, petite-ish woman on the slimmish plumpish side. And that last ballgown, er, tracksuit, oh, no, it was, wasn't it, yes, camisole, item number 123456, oh, no, that's the item coming up, but that last silver vest has sold out in the black ooops option, and I think this would be wonderful for oh, crikey, it's fallen, ooops, erm, ah, um..."

"Now, I'm wearing the small, and the item numbah is on your screen now, along with the colah, as modelled by Tanyah, whatevah, and I'll be honest with you, awww, bless her, now this next one I was wearing before in the small, but the models will be in the extrah large, so take a little lurk at the numbah, and I'll be really honest with you now..."

"Take....a....look....at....this...today's...special...value...from...q...v...c...the...shopping...channel...I'm....going...to....have...to...rush...through...this...because...I'm...due...back...at...my...other...job...as...a...serial...killer...just...look...at...what...I...did...to...this...charlie...bear...earlier..."

Brilliant!! :mysmilie_483: So glad you're back Puss!!

P.S. I really like Kathy too...... :tongue:

She's a presenter and her presenting is atrocious, filled with inanity and with zero information about the item being sold, other than it's amaaaazing, she couldn't live without it, Larry uses it, and she is absolutely loving it, especially with her being such a girly girl. Surely one of the reasons customers end up sending items back is because the relevant information isn't given during the presentation? Why should the customers then be harrassed by QVC for deciding to try a product and, finding it unsuitable, returning it under the 30 day MBG? If all apropos information was relayed by the presenter, this would be a less frequent scenario. JF isn't the only one guilty of this, but she is a candidate for the title of Worst Offender, and is, therefore, going to come under fire on a forum such as this. I also have never forgotten her response to a t-caller who had just lost her daughter, and I sincerely hope she was upbraided at the time for her insensitivity.
As to her intelligence, well, she appears to think that Kipling bags were 'invented' by Rudyard Kipling, that well-known designer, novelist, war poet and all-round Renaissance Man. I can just imagine his meeting with the last century equivalent of QVC:
"Now, what I've got in mind, see, is a bijou bag in a fetching primary colour, and you're going to really like this touch - a little toy monkey as a sort of keyring. I got the idea when I was working on The Jungle Book. I think it'll catch on..."
However, just to show that I'm not focusing on her alone, how about a brief rundown of the irritating, (or, to some, endearing...) traits of her fellow QVC-ers? I won't name names, but all guesses will be entered into a prize draw, where the winner will receive a gorgeous wee giftie, with an every quibble you can think of 30 day money back guarantee:

"And this Balance and Brighten is just so lovely wovely and would be really super for going for a coffee woffee with your bestest friendy wendy, and you just apply it to the facey wacey and it looks lovely, and we all want to look glammy wammy, don't we?"

"And you're absolutely loving this because it's absolutely superb and will stand you in good stead, and at just fordy pounds you really can't go wrong. Now this next item is absolutely superb and will definitely stand you in good stead, and it's only fifdy pounds and fordy eight pence, and you're absolutely loving this because it's absolutely superb..."

"And my old Gran used to say..."

Welcome back - you have been missed for many reasons:wave: - but this is most definitely one of them. There has just nearly been pant wettage Chez Cavey from laughing at this! :giggle: THANK YOU!

Oops :blush:I apologise if I have offended anyone by referring to JF as thick but not sorry for saying that she is. I was at the time thinking about the Rudyard Kipling comment. Thats just one of many guffaws made by her. She does come out with the most stupid ridiculous comments that does give rise to the thought that she is reallly not very bright.

Also as previously stated by a previous poster this is a forum in which we come to state our views, moans, groans, annoyances etc. I don't think anyone should be made to feel a bad person or guilty for what they say. IF its that bad I'm sure it will be addressed by a moderator.

JF ruins, TOTALLY ruins QVC for me. If she is on I watch with the sound turned off. I am likely missing stuff this way but I just cannot bear to listin to her. She may be the nicest sweetest person in real life but she is a God awful presenter, however, she is not alone in that on QVC.

We all have her preferences & pet hates. I personally love Clare. Others on here do not. I find her whole manner in the way she presents & her attitude very endearing. I also have personal experience that Clare is very genuine. What you see is what you get & she is a really lovely person.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back