Jill Franks High?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looking at her posture and narrow shoulders I think she seems to be a candidate for osteoporosis, as she is developing a dowergers hump.
Who? A Dawson or JF? Both are quite boney. Loss of bone density can be helped with calcium rich diet, sunshine from Vit D and exercise. But it happens to everyone as they age - some more than others.

Jill has had health issues, not sure what, but her speech is always spurred. She’d be better off retiring, she could hardly speak when I watched her yesterday showcasing Lola Rose. She kept calling Anna Green, Anna Louise!
Anna louise is the Lola Rose presenters name. Anna louise Green.

Who? A Dawson or JF? Both are quite boney. Loss of bone density can be helped with calcium rich diet, sunshine from Vit D and exercise. But it happens to everyone as they age - some more than others.
Ann Dawson. A lady I knew years ago was the same build and stature with narrowing shoulders. She gradually became hunched, and developed a dowergers hump in her mid 70’s. Jill’s posture is good, and I think she’s more body aware. She also has an exercise regime, didn’t she start at QVC demonstrating exercise equipment? Said she was a personal trainer or something.

Well it sure as hell isn't Ali Young ! watched her on the Molton Brown show for a few minutes, and either she's on steroids or she's just getting fatter. Her face, is obviously wrinkle free because her plumpness is pushing out the creases, and there's a slight double chin. She needs to get mucking out the horses a bit more.

Well it sure as hell isn't Ali Young ! watched her on the Molton Brown show for a few minutes, and either she's on steroids or she's just getting fatter. Her face, is obviously wrinkle free because her plumpness is pushing out the creases, and there's a slight double chin. She needs to get mucking out the horses a bit more.
Sometimes people on steroids get a fat face and a round belly, but are not chubby elsewhere. I think AY likes her grub a bit too much! Her weight may not all be due to meds. Just guessing.

I agree LATI. Its just been me and the dog for the past 20 years. I have 2 younger brothers with families but they live miles away. Last summer when I woke at 7.30 am with chest pains was THE scariest time, and I had to call a friend locally who came immediately (it turned out to be a precursor to having my gall bladder removed).

Now in my 70's its something I'm constantly aware of, taking ill during the night, and getting my dog cared for, can be a real cause of anxiety. I keep saying I'll downsize and do have clear outs for the charity shop, and offloading 'stuff' that is pointless now. Photos of no value to anyone else have been ditched, and the amount of crockery I had was no ones' business !. It has to be done or its left to niece and nephews to deal with. Thing is, the enormity of moving with all it entails from the packing, to finding a new home, to getting a new dentist, a new car mechanic, etc etc is so overwhelming when there is only me to do it.

Back to the tea and cake.
I’m in the same boat, but I have a cunning plan. There’s a nice retirement complex not far from me. When I feel the need to sell up I will buy one of their apartments. I will be able to stay with my GP, dentist etc and continue to use local shops.

I’m only 66 and I have family members in the same town and just beyond but I know that I will have to rely on myself and just accept their occasional offers of help as I do now (🤪)

Bristles, push thoughts of the future away, if you can. I know it's difficult. I force myself to do it, and it works, although, of course the worries return. I live alone too in a country I dislike without any family. It's hard, but there are many of us in this 'jam', so you are not alone.

Awww, bless you Grizzy, I can't imagine how it is for you, I suppose leaving and returning here is out of the question, or you would have done it by now.

Its true, until you start 'opening up' to others, everyone else who are not in the same position, believes that you're managing and you're ok, and because you have a bit of lippy on you're feeling fine, when in fact quite the opposite can be true. In an ideal world all of us 'singles' could all get together and live in happy contentment in a commune looking out for one another (although I suppose some would call that a Care Home for the single minded !). Nevertheless, we carry on.

Latest posts

Back