Jill Franks is thick!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
This woman is so stupid. On Charlie bears hour (currently on) she has no idea how to pronounce Digit and Lauren - what planet is she from exactly? I'm probably going to get slated for saying this but I expect a higher calibre of presenter than that! She evidently hadn't prepped properly and she keeps saying ridiculous things throughout the show too. She really annoys me!

She ALWAYS bugs me, can't watch her. I really can't understand why they don't prepare and ask about anything they don't know about-like Dawny when she was prnouncing faux as 'fox'. She did that on repeated shows-why didn't someone tell her?

Back to JF I have no idea why they keep her. I have no noticed she wheezes less that she did (unless I've just got used to it?)

"and at this price(£24) why not buy all three" says our Jill, well Jill you may be able to afford £72 plus 3 lots of p and p at £3.45 an item but I certainly can't. Idiotic comment,

Turn her off. Can't bear the silly woman & all the shite that comes out of her mouth.

Jill and QVC have just hit the lowest point ever! I totally agree with the previous posts, but what makes her think anyone cares what she does (opens the safe!) when she arrives in a hotel room, and now this drama over her poor dog's jewels, and how the poor chap mounts her in frustration! the matter should be discussed with the dog's breeder and their vet. has nothing to do with diamonique as far as I know. she would never be allowed to get away with those comments on terrestial tv. I see where she is coming from, but it is bordering on the obscene.

I feel so sorry for that poor dog.

She is not just thick and ignorant, she is crude and totally superficial, imo. Worth a complaint to the Advertising Standards.

She ALWAYS bugs me, can't watch her. I really can't understand why they don't prepare and ask about anything they don't know about-like Dawny when she was prnouncing faux as 'fox'. She did that on repeated shows-why didn't someone tell her?

Back to JF I have no idea why they keep her. I have no noticed she wheezes less that she did (unless I've just got used to it?)

DB gets rather irate if her pronunciation is remarked on. In fact very truculent indeed. She also used say conundrum when she meant compendium. None of us are perfect, even those who allegedly have received pronunciation, but I can't understand people who don't want to get the most out of language. I hope I will keep learning new stuff, be it having your gast flabbered (loved that thread title) or how to use punctuation correctly (better late than never) all my life.:bandit:

DB gets rather irate if her pronunciation is remarked on. In fact very truculent indeed. She also used say conundrum when she meant compendium. None of us are perfect, even those who allegedly have received pronunciation, but I can't understand people who don't want to get the most out of language. I hope I will keep learning new stuff, be it having your gast flabbered (loved that thread title) or how to use punctuation correctly (better late than never) all my life.:bandit:

Perhaps she thinks "us Southerners" are having a pop at her lancashire accent, when it's actually her apparent laziness with words & pronunciation that gets on my wick.

Q. what colour is this ? proooooshan

A. prussian (blue)

Q. What colour is this ink pad?

A. Tahrah mee su (Tiramisu)

Getting things wrong is just life, not wanting to get them right is what bugs me.

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of the saying "cack handed" meaning left handed up North. Down South cack means crap (the poo kind).

I think (and I am prepared to be shot down in flames for saying this), that she didn't actually finish off her education as she was sooooooooooo into wanting to be all singing, dancing and acting that grammar and anything remotely constituting common sense completely bypassed her. I honestly think that she is a brick short of the load (as us ooooop north say). I think, maybe she should have paid more attention in class.

I am from down south and I say cack handed too.
I can't watch a lot of JF but I just turn off or turn the sound down when she is on. I can't bear her silly chatter but I find the one person who irritates me more is Jilly with her robotesque patter. What ever she is selling it's the same old lines over and over again. CS is also another I can't watch for too long without wanting a sick bucket.

On the Charlie Bears show last night JF said what a fab Easter present a bear costing nearly sixty quid would make. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the usual Easter present is a chocolate egg, and you can buy three reasonable ones for a tenner at Asda.

Oh right then Jill I'd better order four of those bears for my nieces and nephews, costing me £240 plus God knows how much P&P. :phone:

This thread reminds me of the saying "cack handed" meaning left handed up North. Down South cack means crap (the poo kind).

I'm in the Midlands and use both..or at least, am familiar with both..! I think sayings now, with telly & internet, travel nationwide so perhaps not so much restricted to one area of the country.

Jill tho irritates the hell out of me - she is just so SILLY on top of all the other complaints!

A while back with LE, JF did insist on calling the cloths, "muslim" cloths (as in the religion). LE pointedly said muslin every time to correct her but she didn't notice.

I also hate the way she keeps having private conversations via the talk-back to the gallery. It's like listening to one half of a telephone call. It's unprofessional at best but seeing as the Carole Hochman guest was standing waiting for her to finish, it's was just downright rude. Calling everyone 'mate' grates on my nerves too. She might have gotten rid of the wheeze, but she still scratches all the time.

Serious question though - how did she get to become a presenter in the first place? I couldn't imagine any mainstream TV channel putting up with antics like hers for long. It just seems to prove QVC's lack of professionalism. I'm sure we all know people who could do a far better job.

A lot of the QVC presenters bug the beejeezuz out of me but none more than JF. I agree that she'd not be kept for long in any other organisation but I guess provided QVC get their stock shifted they couldn't care less who presents it, personally I'd rather watch a trained chimp.

I've just noticed this post about JF from someone on the QVC FB page. "I was having a bad day in work a few weeks ago a woman came in and we got on the subject of shopping and qvc. I went into a looooong rant about Jill Franks when i'd come up for air she said yeah i know Jill i work at qvc. I said oh dear i'm sorry and was mortified then she said don't worry she's not very popular and not many people like her and neither do i"

A while back with LE, JF did insist on calling the cloths, "muslim" cloths (as in the religion). LE pointedly said muslin every time to correct her but she didn't notice.

I also hate the way she keeps having private conversations via the talk-back to the gallery. It's like listening to one half of a telephone call. It's unprofessional at best but seeing as the Carole Hochman guest was standing waiting for her to finish, it's was just downright rude. Calling everyone 'mate' grates on my nerves too. She might have gotten rid of the wheeze, but she still scratches all the time.

Serious question though - how did she get to become a presenter in the first place? I couldn't imagine any mainstream TV channel putting up with antics like hers for long. It just seems to prove QVC's lack of professionalism. I'm sure we all know people who could do a far better job.

another bugbear of mine. do not call me "mate" i am not your "mate". even if i am your friend, do not call me "mate"!

its even worse when women call men "mate". this ladette behaviour is usually perpetuated by women who are trying to get into said "mate"s knickers by being overly familiar. another ploy is appearing to like/know about football and other laddish pursuits. i strongly maintain that women, like gay men, do not like football and the ones who say they do are lying.

i thank yow! :sun:

another bugbear of mine. do not call me "mate" i am not your "mate". even if i am your friend, do not call me "mate"!

its even worse when women call men "mate". this ladette behaviour is usually perpetuated by women who are trying to get into said "mate"s knickers by being overly familiar. another ploy is appearing to like/know about football and other laddish pursuits. i strongly maintain that women, like gay men, do not like football and the ones who say they do are lying.

i thank yow! :sun:

... or lesbians of course :handshake:

Latest posts

Back