Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought she might be ill as a number of people asking on the QVC Facebook about where she was. Total silence from QVC. Usually, it is a Jill will be back a standard reply. The same with Michal total silence when people asked about where he was until he will be returning shortly not long before he was well enough to come back to work.

When Ali Keenan & Julia Roberts were diagnosed with their illnesses they put the information on their blogs fairly quickly. If Jill Franks does have a personal or health issue she's obviously keeping it private. As a presenter I found her as irritating as the others, however, in the middle of all the friends, inability to find the kitchen & love of all things beige one thing stood out - her love for dogs, especially the lost & lonely ones. I hope she is alright.

I like her presenting because she isn't thrusting every bit of her private life down our throats or using her tablet to read out self-gratifying messages. Her love of dogs is another reason why I like her, last year we lost one of our precious dogs..a British bulldog who shared the same birthday as her "Mr. B" so it's something that all pet owners identify with, massive love and massive loss.

For whatever the reason she isn't at work is her privacy and I respect that, but I do wish her well and hope she is back soon - she clearly loves her job at Q. Claire has just said that Ali K. Is off sick too.

Last edited:
I know she witters on about her (mythical) girlfriends luvvvving everything and would talk about Larry buying her lots at Christmas but otherwise I have never heard her mention family. It is a big plus in her favour.

Must say when I have seen her she is never on the iPad or constantly looking at herself in the monitor, she always mentions price PLUS postage.

Gosh things have come to something when we are talking in terms of JF being one of the better presenters - I never thought I would see the day!

I was devastated for Jill when her dog was stolen. I've never been her greatest fan but as a devoted dog person myself I know how she must have felt and still be feeling. It never goes away. Whatever is keeping her from her work I hope it sorts itself out soon. x

CC

I didn’t know AK was ill, I hope it’s just a cold or something minor, nothing serious.

I think AK was on last night so it’s most likely to be something like a cold.(or a sore throat from gabbling a thousand to the dozen shouting everyone else down or repetitive finger injury from all that iPad use)

I was devastated for Jill when her dog was stolen. I've never been her greatest fan but as a devoted dog person myself I know how she must have felt and still be feeling. It never goes away. Whatever is keeping her from her work I hope it sorts itself out soon. x

CC

Yes I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, I remember her saying at the time her husband Larry went up some steps to put the dog poop bag in the bin (never said how many steps or why he didn’t take the dog with him, as most of us would’ve done) he turned round and the dog was gone. It really upset me because I hate the thought of anyone, man or animal, being frightened. I know the thieves are ba***rds and you expect them to be, but her husband should’ve been more vigilant and knowing those dogs are stolen to order, he should’ve been extremely cautious. I know we should all be able to walk our beloved family friends freely, let them off the lead to run but unfortunately that’s not the world we live in, and if owners of expensive pure breeds like the Franks act like it is and bugger the consequences, unfortunately it’s the poor dogs who pay the price.

I know she witters on about her (mythical) girlfriends luvvvving everything and would talk about Larry buying her lots at Christmas but otherwise I have never heard her mention family. It is a big plus in her favour.

I agree, but Ms Cynical me suspects she is like this cos she has co children & is more in to hubby & gaalfwends then fam...

Yes I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, I remember her saying at the time her husband Larry went up some steps to put the dog poop bag in the bin (never said how many steps or why he didn’t take the dog with him, as most of us would’ve done) he turned round and the dog was gone. It really upset me because I hate the thought of anyone, man or animal, being frightened. I know the thieves are ba***rds and you expect them to be, but her husband should’ve been more vigilant and knowing those dogs are stolen to order, he should’ve been extremely cautious. I know we should all be able to walk our beloved family friends freely, let them off the lead to run but unfortunately that’s not the world we live in, and if owners of expensive pure breeds like the Franks act like it is and bugger the consequences, unfortunately it’s the poor dogs who pay the price.

I think thieves were watching. I hope doggie was neutered, as otherwise he may be used as a stud dog at a 'farmtory' -better than a breeding bitch at least.
I am terrified of Obie being stolen as he is handsome & intact & a valuable commodity because of his breed. I never tie up outside a shop!
At least as he's a bit older & not looking his best atm as he's poorly & so people may leave alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some really nasty people out there SB, we need to keep a sharp eye on our beloved furry family at all times. Aw poor Obie, he sounds well loved and cared for xx

Shopps, you've written everything I said at the time. Poor animal.

There are some really nasty people out there SB, we need to keep a sharp eye on our beloved furry family at all times. Aw poor Obie, he sounds well loved and cared for xx

That's so kind, Shoppy (&T)

People very rarely say anything nice about me, (gosh that makes me sound like a villan - I'm not, honestly) - parents & Mr B a bit old school - so I really appreciate your kind words. xx

She must be devastated though. I know I would be, & how must Larry have felt?

Lets hope he was taken for a family or someone looking to buy & has a nice home....:mysmilie_51:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back