Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JF has fit shoulders and arms and wants to show them off. I think it's as simple as that. Her pink top was probably expensive, and she wants to get some wear out of it, although now is not the right season to wear it. Simon wants to create a unique and creative 'look' for himself. He's not pulling it off as he would wish. He ends up looking bizarre and borderline crazy.

I agree about Jill Franks -I like her, she does have a very good shoulder line and so would I (if I did) show it off, but really! who okays their outfits? Hire someone in charge of appearances on screen - someone who's not scared to tell them exactly how they look and how their actions and words come across to the general public, and this shouldn't be a person who panders to their egos. They're employed as sales people, after all, and to call them "presenters" is really a misnomer and seems to give some of them inflated opinions of themselves, which comes across on screen either as irritating mannerisms or slightly domineering behaviour. Everyone who appears anywhere to promote any product is a salesperson, in direct sales, and should be subject to scrutiny on all counts, not just on sales targets. Or so you would think.

But maybe this doesn't happen in lala- QVC-land.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the end of November so wearing a strapless top in the palest pink looks daft. Wearing it with leather/pleather trousers, knee high boots & layered bracelets that are more suited to boho dressing looks ridiculous. She also needs a good hair cut.

Just because your body can fit into something does mean it is suitable for you. With Ms Hope and Jill rather than thinking gosh she has lovely hair/good shoulders /long legs all you can see a 60 year face or body dressing as a teenager.

Maybe like Jane Seymour they are in denial and think they still look 25.

I agree about Jill Franks -I like her, she does have a very good shoulder line and so would I (if I did) show it off, but really! who okays their outfits? Hire someone in charge of appearances on screen - someone who's not scared to tell them exactly how they look and how their actions and words come across to the general public, and this shouldn't be a person who panders to their egos. They're employed as sales people, after all, and to call them "presenters" is really a misnomer and seems to give some of them inflated opinions of themselves, which comes across on screen either as irritating mannerisms or slightly domineering behaviour. Everyone who appears anywhere to promote any product is a salesperson, in direct sales, and should be subject to scrutiny on all counts, not just on sales targets. Or so you would think.

But maybe this doesn't happen in lala- QVC-land.
I think the so-called presenters have detailed contracts which allow them freedom of choice in some areas. I think how they dress is up to them, as long as it is deemed to be 'decent.' I think all of them, without exception, feel themselves to be 'show biz' celebrities. Also, people like Jill Franks think they are obliged to entertain us. Her 'jokes" could often be described as lead balloons.

Latest posts

Back