Jilly What Are You Wearing.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jilly sitting in her dressing room the clothes for the upcoming show hanging on a rail. She quietly lifts a bottle of vodka out of her large Kipling bag takes a few large swigs and quietly changes out of her own clothes. It's only a few hours only a few hours.
Meanwhile...in dressing room one ( the largest of all the dressing rooms) Julia has successfully squeezed into a size 12. 'Get in bitches' as she fist pumps the air. 'I'm still top dog,Queen Jules' she says out loud. A passing Qvc junior overhears, fearing for her life tiptoes along the corridor.

I have seen Jilly look lovely, same as Julia can also look really nice, but they seem to wear clothes that either don't fit or don't suit them, or both. I suppose they have to wear what they are selling.

CC
They both have quite difficult figures to dress in a flattering manner, especially Julia. That's one of the things I do like about QVC, they have presenters of all shapes, sizes and ages who actually look like real people.

I saw Kathy Tayler yesterday morning 10am show, wearing a hideous sludgey combination of awfulness, tried to screen shot it but it didn't work out. It was a pair of dirty yellow looking "wellness trousers" (wellness, my arse - new word that means absolutely nothing!) and a sludge green top with a yellow stripe down the arm. She clearly thought she looked the bees knees in it..but she looked like a refuse collector who'd just finished a particularly arduous shift. Her hair was an absolute mess, the colour looked awful against her complexion and it made her look dirty. I ask myself time and time again...how do they expect to sell clothes when they send the presenter and models out looking like down and outs! If anyone can capture this image I'll be very grateful. It was on yesterday's lunchtime show and it was a kim and co t shirt with a contrast trim down the arm. I'm not sure it'll beat how bad Jilly looked, but it's up there with the worst!!!!

I saw Kathy Tayler yesterday morning 10am show, wearing a hideous sludgey combination of awfulness, tried to screen shot it but it didn't work out. It was a pair of dirty yellow looking "wellness trousers" (wellness, my arse - new word that means absolutely nothing!) and a sludge green top with a yellow stripe down the arm. She clearly thought she looked the bees knees in it..but she looked like a refuse collector who'd just finished a particularly arduous shift. Her hair was an absolute mess, the colour looked awful against her complexion and it made her look dirty. I ask myself time and time again...how do they expect to sell clothes when they send the presenter and models out looking like down and outs! If anyone can capture this image I'll be very grateful. It was on yesterday's lunchtime show and it was a kim and co t shirt with a contrast trim down the arm. I'm not sure it'll beat how bad Jilly looked, but it's up there with the worst!!!!
These are from yesterday morning’s “Style” show. Same outfit?
Seems a perfectly fine (though overpriced) “leisure get up” to me. I’ve certainly seen a hell of a lot worse.

Attachments

• 9F5AA66B-3212-4D4C-9F7B-7F59DE1A8766.jpeg
    9F5AA66B-3212-4D4C-9F7B-7F59DE1A8766.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 183
These are from yesterday morning’s “Style” show. Same outfit?
Seems a perfectly fine (though overpriced) “leisure get up” to me. I’ve certainly seen a hell of a lot worse.
Oh yes I've seen worse but it was more about the colour choice...it did not suit her at all, and the way she was talking as she clearly thought she looked amazing!

Knowing how often Kathy orders things, when she’s on air and supposedly presenting, she’s probably got a pair in every colour available of those “delightful” trousers winging their way to her. She’s always ordering clothes and shoes from QVC so she must have a ginormous wardrobe.

Spot on about the bin collectors outfit.
I know KT loves green, but nothing flattering about that look.

Knowing how often Kathy orders things, when she’s on air and supposedly presenting, she’s probably got a pair in every colour available of those “delightful” trousers winging their way to her. She’s always ordering clothes and shoes from QVC so she must have a ginormous wardrobe.
To match her ginormous ego & very rude character.

Spot on about the bin collectors outfit.
I know KT loves green, but nothing flattering about that look.
Madaunty mentioned that the outfit was overpriced - I should say - That appalling ensemble would set you back £90!!! It's the sort of thing IW would do for a multi deal for about £25. For that price elsewhere you could probably buy yourself some proper "performance wear", or for the same quality (dare I say better) pick up a similar outfit for less than £20 in Primark!

Sorry, but had to find a suitable thread for this comment 'cause it's not got enough meat on it to merit a new one. It's more about Ruth than Jilly, but Jilly does feature. Now for a while we've been less than complimentary on Ruth's penchant for wearing jeans as if they were office wear, with tight fitting jumpers and stiletto heels - She must've listened 'cause last night she was wearing them rolled up at the ankles with a pair of trainers ,a tucked in t - shirt, and a bomber jacket. I'm not sure the jeans were "hers" as they weren't on the itinerary but they looked far too tight round the tummy and imo they looked a bit grubby. Looks like poor Jilly was roped into to do JK's usual gig....poor thing was a "symphony in beige" her outfit consisted of beige trousers, a sludgy khaki bomber jacket and a white t shirt - Not only did she looked washed out, the clothes were far too tight and when she turned around the side, the look was even more horrendous. Ruth just can't seem to get it right (or should I blame the stylist)? Instead of achieving a casual look - her and Jilly were literally a wellington boot away from looking like they were off to muck out a stable. I won't say they looked as though they'd already done the job, but the pair of them just looked scruffy, which is not good when you're trying to shift expensive overpriced clothes!

Sorry, but had to find a suitable thread for this comment 'cause it's not got enough meat on it to merit a new one. It's more about Ruth than Jilly, but Jilly does feature. Now for a while we've been less than complimentary on Ruth's penchant for wearing jeans as if they were office wear, with tight fitting jumpers and stiletto heels - She must've listened 'cause last night she was wearing them rolled up at the ankles with a pair of trainers ,a tucked in t - shirt, and a bomber jacket. I'm not sure the jeans were "hers" as they weren't on the itinerary but they looked far too tight round the tummy and imo they looked a bit grubby. Looks like poor Jilly was roped into to do JK's usual gig....poor thing was a "symphony in beige" her outfit consisted of beige trousers, a sludgy khaki bomber jacket and a white t shirt - Not only did she looked washed out, the clothes were far too tight and when she turned around the side, the look was even more horrendous. Ruth just can't seem to get it right (or should I blame the stylist)? Instead of achieving a casual look - her and Jilly were literally a wellington boot away from looking like they were off to muck out a stable. I won't say they looked as though they'd already done the job, but the pair of them just looked scruffy, which is not good when you're trying to shift expensive overpriced clothes!
Neither looked good & the embroidery on the bomber jacket makes makes me think a baby has been winded & brought up its feed. I've written on here many times that I think 'smart casual' is a difficult look to achieve especially when you get 60+, my mum did it really well & she wouldn't have even considered buying any of Ruth's offerings.

Neither looked good & the embroidery on the bomber jacket makes makes me think a baby has been winded & brought up its feed. I've written on here many times that I think 'smart casual' is a difficult look to achieve especially when you get 60+, my mum did it really well & she wouldn't have even considered buying any of Ruth's offerings.
Firstly lol about the baby sick, yes a bit of an unfortunate placement!!! And yes, when it does come to smart casual for even the 50+ (depending upon how well you've aged I guess) a smart casual look can be difficult as it's so easy to look like a recycled teenager, or to achieve a look that's not quite right. I think the best anyone can do, avoid slogans and large logos, make sure clothes aren't too tight, or too baggy, go for colours that compliment your skin tone - Too pale, and too bright can equally make you looked washed out, and take into account the way you have your hair. Working in retail, I see a lot of sights eg an old dear with a shampoo and set, wearing jeans, hotter shoes, T shirt and, cardi, but there's one lady who's well into her 80's, she wears a short straight style and she wears rolled up cargo pants, sandals, and stripey t shirts and she looks fabulous! I'm sure she'd rock Ruth's sicky jacket a treat! As they saying goes, "You either have, or you haven't got style" - It's a damn shame that those who are trying to sell us style on QVC haven't got any either!

Firstly lol about the baby sick, yes a bit of an unfortunate placement!!! And yes, when it does come to smart casual for even the 50+ (depending upon how well you've aged I guess) a smart casual look can be difficult as it's so easy to look like a recycled teenager, or to achieve a look that's not quite right. I think the best anyone can do, avoid slogans and large logos, make sure clothes aren't too tight, or too baggy, go for colours that compliment your skin tone - Too pale, and too bright can equally make you looked washed out, and take into account the way you have your hair. Working in retail, I see a lot of sights eg an old dear with a shampoo and set, wearing jeans, hotter shoes, T shirt and, cardi, but there's one lady who's well into her 80's, she wears a short straight style and she wears rolled up cargo pants, sandals, and stripey t shirts and she looks fabulous! I'm sure she'd rock Ruth's sicky jacket a treat! As they saying goes, "You either have, or you haven't got style" - It's a damn shame that those who are trying to sell us style on QVC haven't got any either!
My nephew's getting married in September, I saw a dress yesterday that I love but don't know whether a woman, who'll be one month away from 63, can wear a full skirted dress that has a solid black top with a Bardot neckline...

I saw Jilly in that outfit yesterday and have really criticised her in the past to the point of anger as to how she can not see how awful she looks.The more fitted garments I thought were although far from perfect a step in the right direction from the MW ship in full sail, blanket over the head things ladies of a larger frame turn to.I wear jeans but tend to go for the darkest blue or black and never with heels.Also casual shoes but not trainers, or anything with these thick white soles which seem to be everywhere now.

Latest posts

Back