Jim's Fingers 🤮

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

VapidStoat

Registered Shopper
Been unable to sleep much in the heat the last few nights, so have been up channelsurfing hoping I'll drop off out of boredom.

Last night it was Foghorn Claire off Lifestyle on the main channel, so I hurriedly backed off and rewatched some Joan Hickson Miss Marple instead. Far more calm and enjoyable.

Saturday night was Jim, and he's back on tonight. Lots of close ups of his fingertips, which he appears to have given a good rubdown with a cheese grater before both shows.

I remember diddy Derek Marks being very apologetic one night on TJC because he had one bad scratch on one hand that kept appearing on camera. So far, Jim couldn't give a proverbial **** about how offputting the viewers and potential customers might be finding this.

I would have thought that the presenters would be strongly advised to keep their hands looking presentable since they will be appearing in close ups quite a lot.

Or maybe that's just me.

Been unable to sleep much in the heat the last few nights, so have been up channelsurfing hoping I'll drop off out of boredom.

Last night it was Foghorn Claire off Lifestyle on the main channel, so I hurriedly backed off and rewatched some Joan Hickson Miss Marple instead. Far more calm and enjoyable.

Saturday night was Jim, and he's back on tonight. Lots of close ups of his fingertips, which he appears to have given a good rubdown with a cheese grater before both shows.

I remember diddy Derek Marks being very apologetic one night on TJC because he had one bad scratch on one hand that kept appearing on camera. So far, Jim couldn't give a proverbial **** about how offputting the viewers and potential customers might be finding this.

I would have thought that the presenters would be strongly advised to keep their hands looking presentable since they will be appearing in close ups quite a lot.

Or maybe that's just me.
They shouldn't present jewellery with unkempt hands.

They shouldn't present jewellery with unkempt hands.
I agree 1000%. I bet if you wandered into Tiffany's none of the staff's hands look like they've just finished building a wall out the back.

Gemporia, TJC and Ideal World don't seem to realise that if you want to convince the public that you're high-end, you have to show you have standards.

And I don't mean that presenters should all talk like Charlie Barron on LSD, but it should show in the presenters' behaviour.

I remember when Debbie Greenwood got let go for her behaviour on one of QVC's Saturday Night shows. She would fit right in on some of the remaining selly telly channels.

Some male presenters. Hang nails, dirty nails, hairy knuckles and deep hacks on the fingers. :sick:
It gives an awful impression. If the presenters don't care about their own appearance, then that reflects on the company.

And when they have cameras doing close ups of their hands every few minutes, it isn't like you can ignore them.

Doesn't matter how great the items are that they're flogging: all I can see are dry, scaly fingers.

Or maybe that's just me.
I couldn’t agree more about the Troth creature, he always looks sleazy to me and his hair ugh! Looks unwashed and the haircut is dreadful, did you notice his nails looked like he had been helping Amelia in the garden yuk

Latest posts

Back