Jingle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Baby there’s a place that we could go, where it’s always shining like the snow
That’s the one jingle that grates on me. The children I taught could have written a better one than that. Just because “go” rhymes with “snow” the writer was probably given an award by the CEO. 🙄

I wonder if resident authors Queen Julia, Del boy Flint and Gabbler Kabbler collaborated to write the lyrics?

Sorry I'm having a senior moment, the lyric writer is much more talented.

I’ve mentioned this in a previous thread how it annoys me too, since when does snow shine? It glistens, it sparkles, it blinds but never seen it shine. Agree it’s a desperate attempt at getting it to rhyme and therefore have QVC on mute unless I’m online and want to hear about an item, haven’t bought for ages, though.

I always thought it said shining like the sun.... 🤔
Sadly not.

I suppose they could have put “Baby there’s a place that we could run, where it’s always shining like the sun” but that would be just as stupid as the one they use. 🙄

I’ve mentioned this in a previous thread how it annoys me too, since when does snow shine? It glistens, it sparkles, it blinds but never seen it shine. Agree it’s a desperate attempt at getting it to rhyme and therefore have QVC on mute unless I’m online and want to hear about an item, haven’t bought for ages, though.
Exactly!

Unless they’ve decided to change that one word overnight, because someone’s read our comments on here 😉, it’s definitely “snow“ because” sun” doesn’t rhyme with “go” (not that that would bother QVC.)

I can see this becoming similar to the “what colour is the dress“ discussion. 😉

Song lyrics don’t always rhyme literally though - there’s loads of famous tunes that don’t - as long as it flows into the rhythm or the tune. It’s not a prerequisite.
Doesn’t really matter really does it - it can be whatever you want it to be. 😊

You’re quite correct - song lyrics don’t always rhyme, but I can’t imagine the “composers” of that jingle really stopping to consider the words they’d used. I’d hazard a guess that they simply opted for a word that rhymed with “go” rather than considering the fact that “shining like the snow” sounds ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back