JM by Julien Macdonald TSV 30/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julian Macdonald has a range in Debenhams (I have a catalogue which came with a magazine) There is free delivery on the larger pieces I don't know about the smaller but I would find out (if I was ordering, which I'm not) before getting anything from QVC.You have to be into this 'glam' style---it's not me--I'm more 'country kitchen'!

I think it looks rather nice, better than last year's single version which I returned. He and JF get on well, I've noticed before that she is more at ease with 'celebs', perhaps her social life with her hubby means she hob-nobs.

I bought similar last year and wasn't impressed. The mirrored parts were nice but the candle holders were plastic, not a brilliant clear glittery plastic but a rather dull slightly yellow tinge. I could see bits of glue that seeped out where the holders were stuck to the mirrors. It went back. I probably would have kept it if I'd paid a tenner for it in Matalan or T J Hughes but not when QVC charged over £20 for one and about £4 p&p.

The only 'designer' whose stuff I like is Alison Cork. The Amanda Holden range seems to be based on the contents of the Home Sense store near me, which is at least 50% cheaper.

Alison Cork I find to be a bit of a enigma, in that she is always 'harking' on about if you see this stuff in the High Street it would be so much more expensive, it always puzzles me a bit when a presenter/guest goes on about price, as to whether they are trying to not only justify it to us (the dear punters), but also to themselves when they are trying to flog. (The kipling £73 shopper bag being a case in point). No I know that Alison Cork is a propritary range for Q, but some of the reviews for some of the products have been 'very bad', certainly items such as ones that are grouped in 4's (like the 'baubles on sticks'), I mean really you could tell on air that the quality was 'tacky' to say the least, yet people have bought them, then clearly regretted their decision, but as some of the posters stated 'ye olde p&p demon came out to play', so didn't send them back, thus Q put them down to 'happy customers'!. Note to Q, just because a person doesn't send something back does not necessarily mean, 'happy customers'!

Completely agree, you're just paying for the name. Most people would never have heard of him anyway. He's just a jumped up irritating berk.

Yes whilst that 'character assassination' is well-chosen, he is a 'jumped up little berk' that has done 'very well for himself thank you'. Not that I would purchase anything from his range as I think your word choice was 'spot-on'!

I think it looks rather nice, better than last year's single version which I returned. He and JF get on well, I've noticed before that she is more at ease with 'celebs', perhaps her social life with her hubby means she hob-nobs.

I know in a 'past life' she was a dancer in London's West-End, so perhaps, yes, she is use to the so-called, self-styled 'celeb's. She didn't use any of her key 'pet phrases' (such as 'I am beyond excited'... etc, it does annoy when presenters and guests use key pet phrases (guess that conversation is for another thread), but she does act 'normally' (for a 'selly telly' presenter) and when she is this 'normal' mode she is actually quite informative and dare I say it (sorry to one and all), fairly 'passable' to watch. No, I suppose if you get the right 'couple' together then they bounce and the show is 'fun' to watch. I mean it always surprises me to read, that Andy and Dale didn't know each other before the 'food fest' started, for once Q chose this coupling correctly. If they can get it 'right' stuff sells!

JM by Julien Macdonald TSV 30/08/17

Yet another can't watch won't watch guest, my money is safe.

he looked lovely in his outfit. shame i missed out on the silver i wanted to split it. i would go on wait list but qvc are so chaotic i won't bother

I`ve seen similar items to this tsv in Home Bargains and B and M bargains.

he looked lovely in his outfit. shame i missed out on the silver i wanted to split it. i would go on wait list but qvc are so chaotic i won't bother

At the time of writing this, some people must've cancelled because the silver says "in stock"

At the time of writing this, some people must've cancelled because the silver says "in stock"

just bought one set. one for me and one for my daughter. she's just done up her flat and the silver would really suit it as her partner has insisted on all silver handles and fittings. the qvc cs adviser said they were able to secure some more stock so it will get her within the 3-5 working days heres hoping

just bought one set. one for me and one for my daughter. she's just done up her flat and the silver would really suit it as her partner has insisted on all silver handles and fittings. the qvc cs adviser said they were able to secure some more stock so it will get her within the 3-5 working days heres hoping

He will rush home tonight to make some more

Julian Macdonald has a range in Debenhams (I have a catalogue which came with a magazine) There is free delivery on the larger pieces I don't know about the smaller but I would find out (if I was ordering, which I'm not) before getting anything from QVC.You have to be into this 'glam' style---it's not me--I'm more 'country kitchen'!

I got one of his handbags from Debenhams, got it in a sale plus hubby has a store card so got a further 10% off. It is a very nice but not keen on any of the glam stuff. Hubby wasnt impressed with the £250 mirror very uncomplimentary.

I got one of his handbags from Debenhams, got it in a sale plus hubby has a store card so got a further 10% off. It is a very nice but not keen on any of the glam stuff. Hubby wasnt impressed with the £250 mirror very uncomplimentary.

my sister has the all silver one with the nuggets etc looks amazing.

In addition to the previous post about JM name-dropping, again tonight with the same pairing (JF + JM), he went on about what Kylie Minogue call him. DO WE REALLY CARE???? If anyone answer that question in the affirmative, I know the name of a very good 'head cleanser'!

What's all this about keeping your remote controls and car keys in crystal trinket boxes??? Has the world gone mad? The trouble with a lot of these boxes is the mirrored surfaces would get covered in finger marks all the time. Keep your duster in there as well. I have watched about 40 minutes of this and I find it all a bit patronising. I can work out what to put on a tray.

I only got a quick look at the TSV but I thought it looked a lot better with transparent tealights cases than those in metal cases (i.e. The cheap ones).

I noticed that the t-light holder part of the TSV is quiet shallow, much like JM and JF, which isn't protecting the t-light or the flame in any way, that t-light could easily be knocked off the holder and has "fire hazard" written all over it.

After listening to JmcD's cousin this morning I doubt he has very much input in these 'made for QVC' tat.

Latest posts

Back