JM by Julien Macdonald TSV 30/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He's as annoying as they come, but some of the items aren't too tacky. One of the better celeb ranges (starting from a pretty low base).

JM By Julien Macdonald Set Of 2 Mirrored Tea Light Holders TSV 30/08/17
Item Number: 707232
QVC Price £36.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £5.95

A set of two glamorous candle holders from British fashion icon Julien Macdonald, each featuring a rectangular, mirrored base with three crystal stations at the top for housing tea-lights. Designed to reflect the candlelight beautifully, you can keep one of these stylish ornaments in your home and give the other as a gift to your most fabulous friend.

Your high-end home - whether you're new to the JM by Julien Macdonald range, or want to add to your collection, these candle holders offer a stylish signature piece from the brand. As with other favourites from the collection, the combination of mirrored glass and crystal creates a glamorous, sophisticated look.

Everything's better by candlelight - we love how the light plays off the mirrored surface of the candle holder, creating a gorgeous, almost endless, flickering effect. In three gorgeous colour options of Silver, Black and Rose Gold, these elegant designs suit any décor, from sleek and subtle to vibrant and bold.

Tea-lights not included
Base: silver mirror and crystal
Wipe clean with a dry cloth, avoid any chemical detergents
Candle holder (l x w x d): 33cm x 11cm x 8.5cm (13" x 4.3" x 3.3")
Weight: 1.9kg

Colour options:

Silver
Black
Rose Gold

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707232

View attachment 14491

View attachment 14492

View attachment 14493

View attachment 14494

View attachment 14495

i just can't buy this for that kind of money and the postage is a joke so hell no! lol

It's similar to what you'd find in Dunelm or Wilko's for a fraction of the price.

I bought similar last year and wasn't impressed. The mirrored parts were nice but the candle holders were plastic, not a brilliant clear glittery plastic but a rather dull slightly yellow tinge. I could see bits of glue that seeped out where the holders were stuck to the mirrors. It went back. I probably would have kept it if I'd paid a tenner for it in Matalan or T J Hughes but not when QVC charged over £20 for one and about £4 p&p.

The only 'designer' whose stuff I like is Alison Cork. The Amanda Holden range seems to be based on the contents of the Home Sense store near me, which is at least 50% cheaper.

Got an advance email to order this now, does that mean there is a high volume of stock to shift?Not my thing so not interested anyway, seems expensive for what it is.

Eh? Do me a favour, that's not worth the money at all and £6 postage??? You can pick these items up in the Range for a couple of pounds. Everyone likes different things but if you wanted this you just wouldn't pay that price because it's JM. Who is he anyway?

CC

Eh? Do me a favour, that's not worth the money at all and £6 postage??? You can pick these items up in the Range for a couple of pounds. Everyone likes different things but if you wanted this you just wouldn't pay that price because it's JM. Who is he anyway?

CC

Completely agree, you're just paying for the name. Most people would never have heard of him anyway. He's just a jumped up irritating berk.

I can't work this brand out it is almost like him and Kelly Hopen have what Glen Campbell calls Miziac Izrazi (sorry SP is totally wrong, but the Jewish American Clothing Brand guy), a diffusion line. If this is the case then surely it is not going to be 'up-to-much' and with the words 'marble effect' and the prices attached then obviously it is not going to be the real thing. The question is do we want 'watered down' designer. Oh and of course Q have done it again with P&P £10.95 for posting a mirror (which you can't get for another two months anyway as they are made to order), yes that is all well and good, but is therefore excluded from the 30 day MBG? I do think though that, that amount of postage is a lot, when these days you can get 'white goods' delivered for free!

Latest posts

Back