Julia and Donna Nooooo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you lovely, that's what I meant ❤️ How are you feeling today? How did Mr Shopps get on when he was 'jabbered'?

Aw thanks, I’m almost there thanks lovely T 🙏❤️ xx

Mr Shopps is over the moon you know, been singling his I’ve been jabbered song all day, he says he feels great............wait till he gets up in the morning bless him. 🤔

Has anybody been watching the channel 5 series "How to look 10 years younger in 10 days" ? Oh my goodness Gemma Shepherd doesn`t half dress them in some strange things. This week Gemma herself look as if she was wearing a multi coloured circus tent or Joseph`s coat of many colours and sent out one of the women on this week`s show in long wide leg cream trousers tucked into the tops of ankle boots. The poor woman looked like she was off out doing a bit of deer stalking !
Agree the clothes they choose are awful, good well cut classics that fit, but no we have got to be trendy even if we do look like mutton and fit where they touch.

I'm more of a classic dresser but it also has to be a bargain, which rules out most of QVC's stuff, though I have bought a couple of things from clearance over the years. For me, the classic styles can adapt more easily and don't have to be replaced as often. Besides which, the Daughter Police tell me what isn't working, though on occasion I ignore them and feel pleased and a bit naughty when I do.

I have continued to look as I've always done - clothes, hair & jewellery, I've carried on buying clothes from eBay & Etsy & discovered a number of independent beauty companies so have changed my shampoo & perfume. After crashing so badly last spring I knew that I had to hold onto being me & this is how I do it. I can't imagine normal life anymore, even the brief glimpse of freedom from the summer seems a lifetime ago & the fact that I haven't seen our older daughter & her family for over 12 months is awful; she's said that we can't see them until they've had their two doses & as they're in their 30s with no health issues that could be many months away.
Yes I am the same. Still put a full face of slap on every day, hair styled as well. When we were in lockdown proper last year I used to have a Wednesday WhatsApp video call with eldest daughter and granddaughters. We all used to glam up and really enjoyed it. This time round she has a new job and has been working through it so we don't do it anymore but I still put in the effort. I think Mr Twirl would think that I was sickening for something if I slobbed around.

How can anyone wear pyjamas apart from when they're in bed???
When I was in hospital for a while I was so ill but even then I could not wear pyjamas all night and then wear the same ones all day. A truly wonderful nurse helped to get me washed and changed into a tracksuit type thing for day and then he came back and changed me back to the jammies later on. I can't wear bed things all day, for me that would be defeat.

At home I am out of my jammies by 9am. I have to be dressed. I'd quite like to walk up to the shop in batman PJs though. Give them something else to talk about :D :D

CC

Yes up every morning dressed, makeup on , hair ‘done’, I am trying the Babylis styler at the moment to try and do something with my new longer hair.It may be nearer lunchtime when I am ready to face the world but if I didn’t bother that would mean I was ill.

When I was in hospital for a while I was so ill but even then I could not wear pyjamas all night and then wear the same ones all day. A truly wonderful nurse helped to get me washed and changed into a tracksuit type thing for day and then he came back and changed me back to the jammies later on. I can't wear bed things all day, for me that would be defeat.

At home I am out of my jammies by 9am. I have to be dressed. I'd quite like to walk up to the shop in batman PJs though. Give them something else to talk about :D :D

CC
I hope what gets said now is complimentary.

I'm more of a classic dresser but it also has to be a bargain, which rules out most of QVC's stuff, though I have bought a couple of things from clearance over the years. For me, the classic styles can adapt more easily and don't have to be replaced as often. Besides which, the Daughter Police tell me what isn't working, though on occasion I ignore them and feel pleased and a bit naughty when I do.
Beige cardigan?

I get up shower and dress in jeans and TShirt if not going out and dont take them off until going to bed. I’ve never sat around in dressing gown etc in my life as my mother did all her housework in them only changing just before lunch time and it did my head in so I vowed I would never do it.

Mind you some of your lounge wear and PJs are probably in better nick and more stylish than my jeans and TS.

At weekends sometimes I don't get out of pjs. If so, I put a new clean pair on to go to bed.
Workwise, when we were all advised to work from home I made a vow that I would be at my desk fully dressed for a day at the office. I haven't missed a day doing that.

I don’t own any PJs (or a nightdress 😳) and so always get dressed before going downstairs. I guess that’s down to mum. She also used to change again for dinner every evening, for when dad came back from work, but I’ve never gone that far. 😳

I wear make up every day, even if I’m not going out and I also put it on on any day when I’ve felt unwell (which thankfully is a very rare occurrence) because it makes me feel “better.“ I’m blonde and, if I didn’t wear mascara, my lashes wouldn't show up but I wear mascara for me, rather than anyone else. If I go out for the evening, I’ll reach for some eye shadow.

Just like most of us many of the presenters have changed shape as they age. I was once tall, slim and a size 12 but nowadays I`m lucky to fit into a size 16 and often need an 18. Years ago the likes of Julia could wear smaller sizes and clingy fabrics but not now. She`s a woman in her 60`s and she must own a magic mirror which makes her visualize as she once was but not as she is now.
Delboy once preached about diet and exercise and even wrote a book but looking at her nowadays it appears she doesn`t follow her own advice. I`m not criticising her for that because many of us are guilty of becoming comfortable with how we now look rather than thinking we`re still how we used to look so dress accordingly.
Julia knows she wears the wrong clothes in the wrong size but she just won`t accept it. She also knows that as she`s aged, her body is less firm and weight has gathered around her middle but she still likes to pretend it hasn`t.
Its called living in the past and you see it everywhere with people who have been on screen for whatever reason. Pop stars who can no longer sing in tune, bands which look on their last legs, actors who can barely remember their own name let alone a script, TV selly telly presenters who once had great figures, people who have gone through so much cosmetic surgery their face and body now belongs on a UFO, mutton dressing as lamb etc etc etc as they all try to escape reality ie getting older and nothing looks as it once did.
Will reality come and slap them in the face ? These people often show envy for those who are younger, slimmer, etc. etc., so they must be aware at some conscious level that they are not as they were

Latest posts

Back