Julia R

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last Feb. I was ill with boiling hot sweats, persistent cough, altered taste, exhaustion with incredibly heavy legs, slept heavily for 12 hour stints, chronic headache, mild sore throat, lightheadedness and double vision. I now have asthma because of lung damage as the cough never left me. I’m convinced it was Covid but who knows.

In November 2019 I had a non stop cough that lasted until March - just before Covid became a thing. I coughed constantly all that time, was back and forward to the doctors, must have consumed 100 bottles of different cough mixtures then it went away. Doctor said no way was it Covid (over the phone as all of a sudden he couldn't see me). I'm convinced I had it but I didn't pass it on to anyone at home, at work or at Christmas when I was at mum's. Weird one.

CC

I know this is the antidote to the presenter's blogs, and I do like seeing all the bragging and boasting cut down to size so to speak, but I really think this thread has spun a little out of control, and for me it's making rather for some rather uncomfortable reading. Don't get me wrong, I'm no advocate for the "If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it" brigade, but having a dig at someone is one thing, but total character assasination is another. It's not my intention to upset any of the posters on this thread, nor is it my intention to see censorship, but in this case all I want to do is say how I feel about it, because I feel I'd be letting myself down if I didn't.
Hi I completely agree with you. I have only recently come back to the forum after very long ill health and to see the distasteful postings on this thread makes me think things have certainly changed for the worse. If all people can do is speak I'll of someone who they can quite easily switch the telly off and shop on the website if she bothers you that much.

My husband came down with something over Christmas 2019. He was very unwell, and took to his bed, which was very unlike him. He looked dreadful, had really red sunken eyes, but doesn't have a very good sense of smell anyway, and we had to cancel all our get togethers with family and friends. It took around 3 weeks for him to feel more human. Covid? Who knows, but it really knocked him for six.
Last year, when the list of symptoms was widened, sore & red eyes were added so more than likely it was the Chinese horror.

We returned from Mauritius just before Christmas 2019 and by new year Mr V was coughing, really tired and wiped out, had a bad chest and a headache. A few days later I felt the same but wasn`t as poorly as he was. We put it down to having returned from a hot climate to a cold UK and then rushing to get organised for Christmas in just a few days. Mr V was poorly for a week or so, I was ill for just a few days. When the pandemic was made Public we both looked at each other and both of us said we were sure that was what had knocked us for six that January.

Vienna, it sounds very much like it. How is your son? I hope that his recovery is going well.
Thanks for asking Evie. He`s recently had a scan on his lungs and is awaiting the results. The cough is still lingering even after all this time but the breathlessness isn`t as bad. It`s certainly been one hell of a battle for him and after 27 years in the Army and fighting battles in many Countries around the World, I think his battle against covid has been his toughest one yet.
He`s always been so fit, watches his diet, trains, runs or works out daily and this illness has affected him not just physically but psychologically because he`s been unable to do what he usually would and is worried it may affect his future fitness or even his job. The Army doctor has said it could be 12 months of a job trying to get fully well again and they`ve yet to find out just how much damage the virus may have done to his lungs when they get the scan results.

I agree that Coronavirus was doing the rounds before the start of 2020. A few months before that in 2019 our youngest son, then 31, was so ill he couldn’t even get out of bed, he had what he thought was bad Flu but we’re convinced now it was COVID, because he couldn’t taste or smell. Same with our Oscar, last February he was really ill, burning up and wouldn’t let you touch him, he was the worse we’ve ever seen him. A few days after his mum woke up in the night unable to breath, and they both felt really fatigued and my sons toes turned a bluish red, almost as if they were bruised, which later came out was a symptom so it just shows you that we must’ve been living with this way before it’s official announcement,

I agree that Coronavirus was doing the rounds before the start of 2020. A few months before that in 2019 our youngest son, then 31, was so ill he couldn’t even get out of bed, he had what he thought was bad Flu but we’re convinced now it was COVID, because he couldn’t taste or smell. Same with our Oscar, last February he was really ill, burning up and wouldn’t let you touch him, he was the worse we’ve ever seen him. A few days after his mum woke up in the night unable to breath, and they both felt really fatigued and my sons toes turned a bluish red, almost as if they were bruised, which later came out was a symptom so it just shows you that we must’ve been living with this way before it’s official announcement,
its not called Covid 19 for nothing people have been having symptoms for years now. Glad you all recovered!

its not called Covid 19 for nothing people have been having symptoms for years now. Glad you all recovered!

Oh I know boffy, people have been dying every year from Flu since that strain mutated too. Yes we’ve have SARS and MERS, different strains of Coronavirus (all the same but different) but yes you’re right was I was referring specifically to COVID-19.

My goodness, after reading some of these posts I can only be thankful for being in good health. I’ve never had any of the symptoms of Covid before or after it was first identified. I’ve not even had a cold for ten years (hope that’s not tempting fate. 😳)

I’ve also been one of the lucky ones not to have had a reaction to the vaccination. I don’t know whether that’s down to me or to the jab I was given. I had the Pfizer one, but have heard of quite a lot of friends who were laid low with flu like symptoms after having the Astra Zeneca one.

I hope that all of you, who are feeling unwell at the moment, soon return to full health.

In early December 2019 I, too, felt quite unwell - had a cough and just feeling rough (didn't or couldn't go out for over a week), just wanted to sleep. OH had to takeover shopping, cooking etc. Did have one turn whereby I was unable to get my breath for about 5 minutes which I found scary. Took a few weeks to bounce back.

As others have said this particular strain of coronavirus was around long before we were officially told.

We returned from Mauritius just before Christmas 2019 and by new year Mr V was coughing, really tired and wiped out, had a bad chest and a headache. A few days later I felt the same but wasn`t as poorly as he was. We put it down to having returned from a hot climate to a cold UK and then rushing to get organised for Christmas in just a few days. Mr V was poorly for a week or so, I was ill for just a few days. When the pandemic was made Public we both looked at each other and both of us said we were sure that was what had knocked us for six that January.
What makes me think it was covid we had way back last January as I wrote above is the fact that Mr V has worked throughout the whole pandemic driving health workers, care staff, supermarket staff and other key workers daily, plus when the vaccination programme started he was driving older people and sometimes their carers for their jabs etc and because he drives a taxi he`s had minimum PPE, no sink to wash his hands, just hand gel and a mask and yet he`s never had even a sniffle. I`m convinced he must have had covid that January and his body had built its own immunity to it. We`ve both had the vaccinations in recent weeks just in case and neither of us have had any side effects from it not even a sore arm so that also makes me think rightly or wrongly that we already had immunity to the virus.

Heres hoping by now the vast majority if not everyone has their immunity built up by now. My Sister her daughters all have had it. My poor brother was in hospital he was that bad. Nearly 3 weeks. The doctors and all the other staff are true heroes. He's back to work now part time. Glad to hear so many positive outcomes. we can only applaud the hospital staff and the NHS for all their dedication

Hubby was fine with the vaccine... sore arm... slightly heady which didn’t last long and he is someone who is prone to migraines.
doc on tv said it’s the vaccine doing its job and and paracetamol will help for a couple of days ... hope everyone here are not have awful side affects

Hubby was fine with the vaccine... sore arm... slightly heady which didn’t last long and he is someone who is prone to migraines.
doc on tv said it’s the vaccine doing its job and and paracetamol will help for a couple of days ... hope everyone here are not have awful side affects
I wrote on here a few months ago that I had no idea that the aches & fatigue we feel when a virus strikes is our immune system starting the fight against it so I assume it's the same when vaccinated. I don't think the medical profession has missed me!

Latest posts

Back