Julia Roberts daughter Sophie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suki 1

Registered Shopper

Just as a matter of interest does anyone know what Sophies job description is on QVC?

Is she still working there? I thought she now worked "in the city" something to do with fashion?

Chuntley's daughter was the last one I heard now at Q.

So much for nepotism eh? just proves what I thought all along, it's the presenters who run the show at QVC.

Plenty of people use their connections to get their children employment, so it's not just at QVC.

I thought she worked in recruitment now.

I thought that nowadays that sort of thing was not allowed,

Businesses can employ whomever they want, so there's nothing to stop them employing relatives or friends of employees. Where I work they encourage us to get friends or family to apply for jobs. If they advertised jobs then discriminated against certain applicants for some reason then there could be consequences, but that's a different scenario.

I find it hard to believe all their children got the jobs in a fair "best for the job" interview which is definitely not allowed.

It's one thing to encourage family members to apply for jobs in an even playing field but to seemingly get preferential treatment is quite another.

The trouble with employing kids, grannies, 2nd cousins, etc, the rest of the staff have to watch their tongue - when having a 'moan' you never know who you're 'moaning' to ! Imagine whingeing about Chuntley's shortcomings and unwittingly sounding off to her daughter !! Awkward.

Latest posts

Back