julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Julia Roberts does very well with her battle with acute Myeloid leukaemia, it has been over 3 years now
and this is a terminal Cancer.
So yes you will put weight on with treatment she has to face, so working keeps her mind of it. :sweat:

Wishing Julia well. I absolutely adore a dress she often wears.. white background with rainbow colours in a leopard print, with a twist- knotted front. JR does look amazing in it. Surely this frock is not a QVC item? Does anybody know?

She is a bubbly person and I tend to forget she is not well .Hope all goes good for her and wish her well .I have always liked her .

Wishing Julia well. I absolutely adore a dress she often wears.. white background with rainbow colours in a leopard print, with a twist- knotted front. JR does look amazing in it. Surely this frock is not a QVC item? Does anybody know?

The dress is by Onjenu and was from QVC.
It's not showing up anymore so I think it must have sold out.

She used to be my favourite but I'm afraid to say that since she reached her menopausal years she has turned into a silly teenager.

She really has to stop with the twatting. That together with the girly flirty swishing of the hair is getting on my nerves.

I think Julia Roberts does very well with her battle with acute Myeloid leukaemia, it has been over 3 years now
So yes you will put weight on with treatment she has to face, so working keeps her mind of it. :sweat:
I thought she had chronic myeloid leukaemia not acute.

Indeed. She has written in the past on her blog about how well she's doing, and how pleased her docs were at how she's responded to the chemo regime she's on. She's had chemo but has been able to work. She has adapted her working patterns to be able to do this... no more late nights, more afternoons and early evenings..

You can't make any assumptions with any illness diagnosed that it will be less serious than another. Each person is individual, and their experience will be unique to them. Generally they are getting very positive results when the patients respond to the medications they now have... but that's not everyone's experience.

For those wondering, I've dug back in Julia's blogs to the post she made about her diagnosis.

Ten days later the diagnosis was confirmed, I have chronic myeloid leukaemia. It is quite a rare type of blood cancer with only around six hundred cases a year in the UK and currently it is not curable without a bone marrow transplant, but it can be controlled with targeted chemotherapy drugs.

Last edited:
She used to be my favourite but I'm afraid to say that since she reached her menopausal years she has turned into a silly teenager.

She really has to stop with the twatting. That together with the girly flirty swishing of the hair is getting on my nerves.

She even talks more girly now. Much as I sympathise with her for having such a dreadful illness she really gets on my nerves too. Feel terrible for saying it in light of her illness, but I can only take her in very small doses.

It's her unnecessary sarcasm that gets me, her put downs were she laughs and goes "erm" trying to make out that her insult was a joke.

i like her more than many of the others, but as with most of the others I would prefer her to wear clothes that fit.

Julia Roberts has chronic myeloid leukaemia (http://blogs.qvcuk.com/there-is-something-i-have-to-tell-you/) and acute myeloid leukaemia is not a terminal cancer. My Dad was diagnosed with this when I was 18 years old and he's been in remission for 10 years now.

Latest posts

Back