Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She’s just flashed up that she’s coming up on The Style Channel with Glen and is doing a high kick wearing the Big Deal Skechers Slippers. So going off that doesn’t need well supporting footwear then. Just isn‘t allowed shoes with heels, so thinks she will spend all her hours in slippers rather than her trainers. No Julia a flat pair of smart lace up brogues or classy slip on loafers would fit the no heel brief perfectly.

Last edited:
The book about herself was started before her diagnosis and she added an extra chapter about that. She also sold signed copies on QVC. I wonder how many books she would sell if it wasn’t for her QVC promotions. I do remember the red dress with the very low cut top when presenting for the Breast Cancer Care Charity. Enough said. I accept there are viewers who like her as a presenter and think her professional. It’s obvious that I don’t! Pantomime, “only joking “, “ just saying”, girly flicking of the hair and gurning are a huge no from me. I know I don’t have to watch when she presents but it’s annoying when the product may be of interest to me.
Evie, you've summed her up completely.

I really don't mind her too much, she does self promote quite a lot, but I suppose if you want to get your books out there, then needs must, and if her books are enjoyed by people then good on her! I know she wrote a book about herself when she was diagnosed with leukaemia some years ago, and it was obviously therapeutic for her, and may have proved inspirational to others. I know there are many many people in the world who have gone through more, and are much more inspirational..but remember there's a lot of folk out there for whom watching shopping telly is pretty much the sum total of their life. She can be a bit flicky and preeny - but what else can she do when from the neck down she's dressed like a sack of spuds - Just as placing a hideous pattern on a top will draw the eye away from a humungus arse or short legs! She's not a bad presenter, and how she managed to stand there talking to Cruella without laughing or rolling her eyes is beyond my comprehension!
Many years ago though I did submit a complaint to Q . She was presenting the Breast cancer care charity event wearing a bright red, boob enhancing (like she needs help in that department anyway) ridiculously low cut top and I felt it was utterly inappropriate.
Anyway, we can't blame you for the horrible clothes you have to present and wear sometimes, but get yourself a pair of black trainers, you can even get some nice blingy ones, because the ones you're wearing at the moment are a disgrace and nobody's fault but your own...or maybe the producers who are happy to let them be worn on air. With all the freebies they get, surely someone could give her a flamin' pair!
Who is Cruella?

There's only one alternative to getting older. For most of us saying goodbye to our youth is bittersweet with the memories of the past being balanced with the pleasures of today. As I approach my next decade I'm so aware of how lucky I am, I appreciate everything life has given me, I'm more confident & I speak up about things that matter louder than ever before. As with every other woman, & I suspect most men if they're honest, I have many physical aspects I would change if I could, however, I'm old enough to accept that they are part of me, the me I've always been. My arms are still really good so I'll cary on wearing sleeveless outfits until I look too quilted, I've worked out a skin regime that suits me & I love my pepper & salt bob, I can still run up our stairs & I laugh many times every day. We never know what's around the next corner; my parents died within a year of each other & my wonderful sister is facing early widowhood, I have always thought that 'Carpe Diem' is the best way of looking at life, Cheers!
Beautifully put.

I don’t remember her in a red dress on BCC but I do remember Lisa Snowden manning the phones in a dress (pretty sure it was red) down to her waist and up to her arse with it all hanging out.

I remember Julia in the boob flashing dress, don't remember the colour? But there was an uproar on QVC Facebook about it! We also had a thread on here about how could she even think it was glamourous having her boobs pushed up and on show for a breast cancer event?

Who is Cruella?
I call her badger hair, but Cruella does as well. She is yet another of the stylists Q parade on screen off the back of "styling" various reality tv shows...
Easily one of the worst of the bunch, imo.
I remember Julia in the boob flashing dress, don't remember the colour? But there was an uproar on QVC Facebook about it! We also had a thread on here about how could she even think it was glamourous having her boobs pushed up and on show for a breast cancer event?
Unfortunately I don't think Julia thinks beyond herself. As demonstrated by her hair comment when on with Alison O'Reilly.. Its always "enough about you, let's talk about ME" with her, but I'm sure in tv land, there are plenty who need a giant warehouse for their egos.

I call her badger hair, but Cruella does as well. She is yet another of the stylists Q parade on screen off the back of "styling" various reality tv shows...
Easily one of the worst of the bunch, imo.

Unfortunately I don't think Julia thinks beyond herself. As demonstrated by her hair comment when on with Alison O'Reilly.. Its always "enough about you, let's talk about ME" with her, but I'm sure in tv land, there are plenty who need a giant warehouse for their egos.
I know who you mean now. Haven't seen Vonda the Sketchers Guest lately.

There are 218 different styles of Skechers on the QVC website, yet Julia has only one pair of (very ugly) trainers. Did they refuse to give her a couple of pairs?
You have to wonder. She used to swear by the Emu boots and I wonder why she doesn't wear those. As you say, it is always the ugly trainers that go with nothing she wears.
I have to wonder if these have been specially adapted in some way, and at some expense. I cannot see why else, as she has eyes in her head and can surely see they are awful paired with everything she wears on screen. At a pinch they may look ok with jeans, but not really.

Latest posts

Back