Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatever Julia and she has her faults, love or hate, IMO she is still the most professional and watchable presenter on Q.She does not wear the best clothes, her hair is much too dark for her age but I would rather watch her than anyone els.

It isn’t the extra weight it’s the clothes not the correct size and the hair and makeup being a total mess especially for someone with access to all the beauty brands and being able to call on ‘our resident beauty expert “ for instructions on how to do your makeup.

Like many she has about 6 inches of grey roots which she normally tries to hide with a comb over between colouring so I expect she will be on the home dye kits too.

Whatever Julia and she has her faults, love or hate, IMO she is still the most professional and watchable presenter on Q.She does not wear the best clothes, her hair is much too dark for her age but I would rather watch her than anyone els.
She's not as good as she used to be. She got infected by the writing bug and became far too full of herself. She is getting worse, but from a higher starting point. IMO the male presenters do a better job than any of the female presenters in keeping to the point and providing relevant info... And not reading sycophants' compliments of guests or themselves.

Julia Roberts and the way she wears her hair or her clothes that are way too tight, she’s still living in 1982 size wise, to a point those chesticles are fighting for pole position that amuses me, no no it’s the arrogant, imposing and intimidating way she speaks down to guest and colleagues knowing she calls the shots, and my word does she let them know it. She’s sarcastic, makes a joke at the guests expense, she’s crass because she loves to boast even in front of people who have next to nothing...........apart from that, er yeah she’s ok 👍

Julia Roberts and the way she wears her hair or her clothes that are way too tight, she’s still living in 1982 size wise, to a point those chesticles are fighting for pole position that amuses me, no no it’s the arrogant, imposing and intimidating way she speaks down to guest and colleagues knowing she calls the shots, and my word does she let them know it. She’s sarcastic, makes a joke at the guests expense, she’s crass because she loves to boast even in front of people who have next to nothing...........apart from that, er yeah she’s ok 👍
Spot on Shopps & she's always does the "only joking" comment after a snide remark or put down.

Agree with you there MML, Craig is the only male presenter who irritates me, all that ****** hand waving with every word he utters.
I don't mind Craig, I used to watch him before QVC as he was on another shopping channel, might have been Express. Biagi is the worst one for me and I've gone right off Dale as well. Haven't seen Charlie for a while but I'm hot and cold on him. Julia is OK but she needs to sort her clothes out and size up 2 sizes.

CC

It isn’t the extra weight it’s the clothes not the correct size and the hair and makeup being a total mess especially for someone with access to all the beauty brands and being able to call on ‘our resident beauty expert “ for instructions on how to do your makeup.

Like many she has about 6 inches of grey roots which she normally tries to hide with a comb over between colouring so I expect she will be on the home dye kits too.

I caught her on and was saying I think it was June from Make Up Junkies??? if not it was someone back stage had been to a well known high street chemist for some hair dye for her.

She's not as good as she used to be. She got infected by the writing bug and became far too full of herself. She is getting worse, but from a higher starting point. IMO the male presenters do a better job than any of the female presenters in keeping to the point and providing relevant info... And not reading sycophants' compliments of guests or themselves.
I totally agree with your comments, I much prefer the males than any female!

I didn’t think Julia looked great at all, in fact it’s the worst I’ve seen her, and it wasn’t just the wrong size clothes.

Spot on Shopps & she's always does the "only joking" comment after a snide remark or put down.

Aw thanks T, yeah the “only joking” with the sharp intake of breath
I don't mind Craig, I used to watch him before QVC as he was on another shopping channel, might have been Express. Biagi is the worst one for me and I've gone right off Dale as well. Haven't seen Charlie for a while but I'm hot and cold on him. Julia is OK but she needs to sort her clothes out and size up 2 sizes.

CC

I agree, I cannot stand Simon “loads in store” Biagi he’s so disingenuous and cheesy it’s unreal, as for Mr Plastic Fantastic Dale Franklyn, that cheesy grin (used car salesman style) could sell you a brand new BMW with two wheels missing, he just slips under the “likes everything” and “I’ve got to be honest” radar because most people seem to like him. The only male I can stomach is Charlie...........but that’s not for long.

I didn’t think Julia looked great at all, in fact it’s the worst I’ve seen her, and it wasn’t just the wrong size clothes.
Serious illness obviously affects how we look, especially when medication is heavy dosage & long term, & I wondered if this was the case with her. However, several months ago she said that the cml was under control & that she was drug-free. I think her hairstyle is very ageing, too dark & long, she posted photos during her recovery where her hair was tied up & it suited her. I should never criticise anyone's choices - I've always worn my hair in a bob, various lengths, with/without fringe, parted differently & know that when it gets too long I resemble Lord Farquaad from Shrek!

Twighlight, my hair has always been dark and long, and I am older than she, but I think Julia’s hair should be shorter because I just don’t think it does your look any favours as you age. Julia’s face doesn’t look good just now either so I am not sure what else is going on. I have always looked much younger than my true age, but I think this is a gene thing. My mother died aged 65 in 1992 beautiful skin with no lines. I am the same.

These presenters have freebies and access to things most of us do not, they are also highly paid.

Twighlight, my hair has always been dark and long, and I am older than she, but I think Julia’s hair should be shorter because I just don’t think it does your look any favours as you age. Julia’s face doesn’t look good just now either so I am not sure what else is going on. I have always looked much younger than my true age, but I think this is a gene thing. My mother died aged 65 in 1992 beautiful skin with no lines. I am the same.

These presenters have freebies and access to things most of us do not, they are also highly paid.
You sound lovely. If she'd always had dark hair it wouldn't be an issue, however, her natural shade is lighter, as can be seen from early photos of her at the Q & her days as a dancer & game show hostess. I agree with you about genes, my mum also had beautiful skin & my sister's inherited that, my wonderful grandmother didn't look her age & I follow her. Julia's face is starting to look quite solid & combined with such harsh hair it's not a good look. I shouldn't criticise anyone because I'm 61 & the lightest weight I've been in 30 years, unfortunately I don't have the face I had in 1990 & as soon as this lockdown's over I'm having fillers.

She’s a good looking woman with thick hair and a curvy figure. In my opinion if she’d just tone-down that unnaturally dark hair colour and wear clothes that fit properly, she could look stunning. I don’t mean loose or boxy clothes - not flattering if you’re average height, you can wear more tailored items but not skin tight !

I’ve never dressed well, I just have no idea what suits me, nor whether I look decent in any outfit.

I don’t often criticise presenters’ appearances but sometimes they are too distracting, I can’t concentrate on the items they’re selling !

so easy for the men - they all dress well enough.

Julia and Debbie flint are tiny and short and TV is more of a gift for taller slimmer people
You're really kind but the 10 pound myth doesn't apply now that tvs aren't like fishbowls. A screen may condense height but they don't add spare tyres. I'm not happy, so taking it out on QVC, because a local arts centre has closed due to this virus; it was the most wonderful community resource & made a massive difference to the lives of so many people, especially disadvantaged groups. It was one of those places that always made me feel happy, staffed by volunteers who remembered you & were so proud of their lovely building & what it stood for. Yet one more aspect of life changed forever & one that will be repeated all over the country.

You're really kind but the 10 pound myth doesn't apply now that tvs aren't like fishbowls. A screen may condense height but they don't add spare tyres. I'm not happy, so taking it out on QVC, because a local arts centre has closed due to this virus; it was the most wonderful community resource & made a massive difference to the lives of so many people, especially disadvantaged groups. It was one of those places that always made me feel happy, staffed by volunteers who remembered you & were so proud of their lovely building & what it stood for. Yet one more aspect of life changed forever & one that will be repeated all over the country.

That is so very true most TVs are HD or higher now so although QVC are the last of the dinosaurs not to film in HD, they’re very realistic and you can see the person for who they are, no hiding for those spare tyres anymore. 😁

Latest posts

Back