Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine has not been cut now for nearly 13 weeks. Usually go every 7 - 8 weeks, and was due to go the week the salons got closed. Would not have been able to get an earlier appointment as the person who cuts mine is part time and you have to book weeks in advance.
My lovely hairdresser went on a Cruise & returned to 14 day isolation just as my Son self isolated due to medication. So we had to cancel appointment. I have cut my own fringe, cut Hubby’s hair with clippers & made a mess of my sons hair as graduating between Clippers sizes is just so difficult. Can’t wait to see her again, it’s her Birthday next month & I feel an extra treat is in store.

What is it about parents that they can see no wrong in their kids. Neighbours kids (3] jump on the roof of their SUV and slide down the windscreen and bonnet. Then they think it is ok to go into the next doors adjoining garden and set up a cricket pitch the size of both gardens and granny takes up batting position. So it obviously goes down the generations.

If I had even thought of this I would have been killed stoned dead never mind actually doing it.

My mobile hairdresser was due earlier in April, so 10 weeks now, but my hair has actually survived better than I expected. Normally it really needs a cut when he comes over at 8 weeks. But I am only washing and blow drying it once a week at the moment (colour preservation mainly) and I am surprised how well it has behaved up until now. I also happened to buy a pot of hair mask recently so can use that if things go downhill.

12 weeks for me so that’s 2 cuts missed. its the top front which is the worst, too long and thick to lie down.

Although I don’t use hair products, occasionally a tiny bit of Moroccan oil or cream wax if it won’t sit, a few seconds of hairdryer, no tongs, but I used to wash every other day when working but now I’m finding that because no one is seeing it only needs a quick wash when I’ve been doing dusty work in the garden or for the weekly trolly dash. It’s not in any better or worse condition.

its hard to get an appointment with my hairdresser at the best of time, always do 2 in advance, so when she will fit me in if and when she opens again goodness knows. One person can only do so many in a day.

She is on at present and apart from it all being a bit too dark including hair and makeup she looks 1000% better simply because the top is the correct size and the trousers are black and not skin tight albeit she is behind a counter so can’t see full length.

Brissles, your above post is spot on about today's Britain.
I see it all around when in town shopping (remember those days)

They are as thick as it's possible to be......but they all know how to get pregnant.
The 'rules' don't apply to them of course 🙄
And have you noticed their kids are usually in brand new expensive buggies ? I suppose single mums get quite a bit of help.

I love that, I might change my name by deed poll to Cherry Bunn 🧁

mum toying with renaming myself “Chocolate Cake”. CoCo for short.

Years ago at work we had a customer called Alan Dick. He was such a pain in the bum, always complaining and asking for compo. He decided to take his business elsewhere and my boss wrote to wish him all the best (boss was a two-faced git too). He addressed it to A. Dick.

one of our managers was Phil Nurse, or P. Nurse.

Kazoos! You're right, Jeremy Hardy died last year. Jack Dee is his usual sunny self & we've seen it recorded with a number of different people. Humphrey Lyttelton was very naughty as are the comments about Samantha. I find it really odd that the moment we leave the theatre we can't remember anything they said. I love Cheltenham.

Do you want the salon details?

If that's ok? Always looking for good hairdressers. My Mom lives in your direction.....

That was my expression at school because there would have been complaints from parents if I'd even said 'damn'. Their little darlings obviously stored up all their appaling language for school...

'Damn' - unbelievable!

Years ago at work we had a customer called Alan Dick. He was such a pain in the bum, always complaining and asking for compo. He decided to take his business elsewhere and my boss wrote to wish him all the best (boss was a two-faced git too). He addressed it to A. Dick.[/QUOTE]
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: When I worked in property we had two clients, A Dick and A Pratt!! They were both really nice men but I'd have to change my name if that was me.

CC

What is it about parents that they can see no wrong in their kids. Neighbours kids (3] jump on the roof of their SUV and slide down the windscreen and bonnet. Then they think it is ok to go into the next doors adjoining garden and set up a cricket pitch the size of both gardens and granny takes up batting position. So it obviously goes down the generations.

If I had even thought of this I would have been killed stoned dead never mind actually doing it.
How awful

Hmm about silly names, when I worked on the community project one of the children was called Blossom Hill :oops: Mum decided to change the last name to hers and not dad's after I sniggered (sorry). I also recall a girl I knew when I first lived in London, Merry Johnson, married Stephen Christmas!! Also, a guy my mum worked for, Dr House, his daughter was Wendy!!! All true.

CC

I never thought about the responsibility that comes with giving someone a name until I was pregnant & even knowing that most of us give a name that then gets altered affectionately didn't make it any easier. Our first baby didn't live for very long, however, we had to name him & gave him my favourite boy's name so having two daughters after him meant no second best name but everything I liked my Mr T didn't; our compromise was him choosing the first name & me the second then vice versa. One of our girls is now Mrs Ball, she always said that if she had a daughter she's be called Ophelia, for VERY obvious reasons that was sidelined as was her alternative of Kitty because it sounds like a feline toy.

No matter how much thought a parent gives to a girl’s name it all goes to pot if she takes her husbands name on marriage. Fortunately that isn’t obligatory nowadays but when I got married it only happened if you were a doctor and even then I think you used 2 names, one professionally and one personally.

i had an American friend and in the early 80’s she decided she wanted to keep her name but the amount of hassle she encountered with banks, mortgages etc gave up. This probably would have been much better in a city rather than a market town still living in the 1940’s.

The only thing I would say is that a name which is cute as a child is often a bit childish as an adult. Also when kids go to school no matter how lovely their name is they can get stuck with a nickname which they can’t shift until they move to another area.

'A couple' we know named their daughter Epoinine (as from Les Mis). They are a pair of pretentious, nouveau- middle- class (or so they believe,) twats. They relish explaining the reason & meaning of both their fraggles names to anyone foolish enough to ask - I say foolish, because the real reasoning is in fact the second sentence of this post.

'A couple' we know named their daughter Epoinine (as from Les Mis). They are a pair of pretentious, nouveau- middle- class (or so they believe,) twats. They relish explaining the reason & meaning of both their fraggles names to anyone foolish enough to ask - I say foolish, because the real reasoning is in fact the second sentence of this post.
I imagine most of us know people like that. Poor girl to have to go through life repeating & spelling her name to those who don't get it first time. Have they shortened it & call her "Our Ep"?

Latest posts

Back