Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's the voices of the presenters that convince me to either watch or not to watch for a whole hour. I was interested in the recent Helene Berman presentation, but I had to click off because of Ophelia's dreadful voice. I think she means well, but her diction is abysmal. Jilly's voice is very nasal imo. The best voices to listen to are Chunts, Eidie, the Scot, Julia and Jill. They do not squark or scream. Their pace is measured. All the others need voice training imo. Biggest offenders: Alison Young and Ophelia.

Ha, maybe I need to get a life but I spent a little too long looking at that search link.

There certainly was a lot of very busty Julia photos :eek:0

I clicked on a few and it seems that our Jools does seem to have quite a large male fan base, both young and old, who seem to get a lot of 'enjoyment' out of her bust and apparent good looks - each to their own I guess.

Also, I have seen her hubby 'him indoors' before, but I am always shocked when I see them together, as I always imagined her being with a more attractive and possibly younger man - as I get the impression from all her Pilate shows and general exhibition of herself; she would be quite a demanding lady ;op But maybe, it takes a certain type to put up with her diva ways.

Congratulate her on her weight loss, but as with most women, her weight loss has aged her a few years. IMO despite her clothing, Jilly is the most naturally attractive presenter on QVC.
As in Halliday? Disagree, no idea why she’s on that show, no ears pierced, frumpy clothes and as for her shape. Give me Pipa and Katy any day. I actually miss Claire.
She's got a lovely family search
Not interested in her family, she's not on tv to talk about anything other than what is being showcased!

Like you Grizelda it’s the pitch and diction that puts me off most TV people be it Q or reality type shows. Females with high pitch voices are turned off as it usually goes hand in hand with acting like 45 year old teenagers, the loose women being right up there in the top 5

I quite like Jilly H and if it was something I was interested in I could watch a whole show she was presenting.

I used to really like Pipa until she took her sabbatical and came back with her high pitched yeah, yeah, yeah so bad I couldn’t stand to listen to her.

As in Halliday? Disagree, no idea why she’s on that show, no ears pierced, frumpy clothes and as for her shape. Give me Pipa and Katy any day. I actually miss Claire.

Not interested in her family, she's not on tv to talk about anything other than what is being showcased!
I think that is a bit unfair criticising her appearance in my opinion she does a good job and I think that matters more

Jilly does the job she is paid for and doesn’t go off track by waffling on about her books, family etc.

Other presenters should take a leaf out of her book. It also doesn’t matter one jot whether she’s not stick thin and the “frumpy” clothes she has to wear are usually clothes from QVC and are probably ones we wouldn‘t want to be seen wearing either.

NONE of us are perfect irrespective of what we think and, in my opinion, no one should judge someone else’s appearance.

I never understood why Jilly was criticised about the ear piercing. As you say Donna neither did Charlie or Dale and they always had the models wearing them anyway.

Over the years she has drawn the short straw to launch some woeful TSV’s which she would never ever wear in real life. The one good thing was it confirmed to the customer that it was a complete no no and saved the postage there and back. At least she didn’t wear a bulldog clip to change the shape which IMO is down right dishonest and I’ve never really forgiven Jill F for doing it.

I never understood why Jilly was criticised about the ear piercing. As you say Donna neither did Charlie or Dale and they always had the models wearing them anyway.

Over the years she has drawn the short straw to launch some woeful TSV’s which she would never ever wear in real life. The one good thing was it confirmed to the customer that it was a complete no no and saved the postage there and back. At least she didn’t wear a bulldog clip to change the shape which IMO is down right dishonest and I’ve never really forgiven Jill F for doing it.
Don't get me started on Jill Franks!

I don't blame Jill F, it was QVC who should be blamed. Well known to happen with the models in photo shots in magazines, they put bull clips on the back to make the clothes look better in photos.

Ha, maybe I need to get a life but I spent a little too long looking at that search link.

There certainly was a lot of very busty Julia photos :eek:0

I clicked on a few and it seems that our Jools does seem to have quite a large male fan base, both young and old, who seem to get a lot of 'enjoyment' out of her bust and apparent good looks - each to their own I guess.

Also, I have seen her hubby 'him indoors' before, but I am always shocked when I see them together, as I always imagined her being with a more attractive and possibly younger man - as I get the impression from all her Pilate shows and general exhibition of herself; she would be quite a demanding lady ;op But maybe, it takes a certain type to put up with her diva ways.

Congratulate her on her weight loss, but as with most women, her weight loss has aged her a few years. IMO despite her clothing, Jilly is the most naturally attractive presenter on QVC.
I think that is a bit unfair criticising her appearance in my opinion she does a good job and I think that matters more
Can't take people seriously. Why would I take style advice from someone who doesn't have any?

2sizes2small apparantly drops down to a size 10 what miracle product, or machine has done this incredible transformation?
TSV please in the future 🥱
The only time she has been a 10 is on a dressing room door or a street address.

Jilly and I have something in common. We are amongst the discriminated few. We don't have pierced ears - so jewellers are missing a big trick in not catering for us too.

I don't know the reason for Jilly's reluctance, but since the 60's there has been a huge shift towards piercings. Back in those days the fashion was huge earrings with lots of floral ones and generally were all clip-on or screws. It was almost always old ladies with saggy ear lobes that wore pierced earrings, and I hated it. Then some girls would turn up at school with scabby ears wearing sleepers while they waited for their ears to heal up. Yuk ! I had shoulder length hair and the though of catching a 'sleeper' when brushing my hair really put me off.

I still have clip ons /screw fittings earrings from decades ago, I have bought them from antique fairs, I have bought from Butler & Wilson when they did some fabulous clip on chandeliers, and department stores generally have a few button styles, and also when I have travelled abroad. Countries other than the UK are more geared up to variety, especially Spain and Italy where the selection is amazing. When I visited Japan there was an abundance of choice in the shops - so I was in heaven ! Sadly jewellers have no desire to produce anything other than for pierced ears. I once was given a fabulous pair of 9ct gold chain drop with amethyst, pearl and diamond but I couldn't wear them, so I took them to a local jewellery and he charged me £99 to replace the butterfly fitting to a screw, so now I can wear them.

QVC now and then did sell clip on earrings way back. I did not get my ears pierced until I was 18 or 19, my mum was ill at home we worked at the same place, and we got out of work at lunchtime on a Friday. I just got up that morning and decided to get mine pierced after work, went to a department store. Came home, said to my mum, do you notice anything? She didn't. When I said what I had done, she was shocked. Neither she nor her sister even had their ears done. Their mum, my granny, told stories of doing her own ears with a burnt cork and a needle when she was around 12.

I never got any more piercings in my ears as others did.

To be fair she has lost quite a lot of weight but I agree size 10 is wishful thinking in much the same way as she was ever a size small.

I do wish she would stop with the very dark hair dye and the walnut fake tan as both add years and no one wants that.
She has aged badly. Her husband or family need to have a word. That hair for a 60+ year old is rank.

Don't get me started on Jill Franks!
Please get started, Suki. It's all said in good fun. The bull dog clip to pull the dress in to fit her was definitely "off". The TSV for today looks way too big for her. She's a very tiny person who probably finds it difficult to buy adult women's clothes.

She has aged badly. Her husband or family need to have a word. That hair for a 60+ year old is rank.
She seems proud of her hair. At any given time, you'll see her flicking it over her shoulders. I agree that the colour should be toned down a bit, but it's nice and thick. A few extensions, perhaps? What could her husband and family say to her? They probably agree with her that she looks wonderful! It would be up to the makeup crew at QVC to suggest changes, I think.

Latest posts

Back