Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Please get started, Suki. It's all said in good fun. The bull dog clip to pull the dress in to fit her was definitely "off". The TSV for today looks way too big for her. She's a very tiny person who probably finds it difficult to buy adult women's clothes.
When was this, she's so skinny anyway. Runners have no figure.
She seems proud of her hair. At any given time, you'll see her flicking it over her shoulders. I agree that the colour should be toned down a bit, but it's nice and thick. A few extensions, perhaps? What could her husband and family say to her? They probably agree with her that she looks wonderful! It would be up to the makeup crew at QVC to suggest changes, I think.
That she needs it cut, she's far too old for that look!!!

QVC now and then did sell clip on earrings way back. I did not get my ears pierced until I was 18 or 19, my mum was ill at home we worked at the same place, and we got out of work at lunchtime on a Friday. I just got up that morning and decided to get mine pierced after work, went to a department store. Came home, said to my mum, do you notice anything? She didn't. When I said what I had done, she was shocked. Neither she nor her sister even had their ears done. Their mum, my granny, told stories of doing her own ears with a burnt cork and a needle when she was around 12.

I never got any more piercings in my ears as others did.
I didn't get mine pierced until I was 34. When I was growing up, it was considered 'common' to have ear lobes pierced. The same with tattoos - very bad form. How things have changed!

Going back years on this forum, the Jilly not having pierced ears and doing jewellery has come up. Most said, well why should she? Can just hold the earrings up against her ears to demo.

The same could be said for Charlie or Dale doing jewellery or women's fashion, should they be wearing ladies shoes or the clothes?
I don't think Dale or Charlie should be presenting women's clothing, shoes or underwear. They've got the spiel down pat, but they basically don't know what the hell they're talking about. Patrick is more believable but not with underwear.

Please get started, Suki. It's all said in good fun. The bull dog clip to pull the dress in to fit her was definitely "off". The TSV for today looks way too big for her. She's a very tiny person who probably finds it difficult to buy adult women's clothes.
I will say she is a size 4 or 6 the dream for many was zero. The brands she buys and wears will do very small sizes, and no doubt nothing over a size 10. Zara, consider a size 14 plus size.

There is someone on QVC Facebook who keeps saying JR needs to tone down the fake tan as it does not suit her so dark.

I quite like Patrick, but I wish he wouldn’t keep saying ‘my mother wold love this/ my mother would tell me to order this for her/ this would suit my mother etc. Surely he doesn’t think we all aspire to look like his mother?
So true. Same with Annthony and I always imagined his mum, who I’m sure is a lovely person, as a lady who goes to church in a chiffon creation including a matching hat. Not a look many of us aspire to.

Judging by Patrick his mother must be 80+ so older than the Q core audience.

I like Patrick because he describes the cut of garments, why the seams are where they are etc.

His parents live thousands of miles away in the US and he probably misses them and they him. I seem to remember him saying they watch some of his QVC broadcasts over the internet.

Julia is, to use an old fashioned word, a “handsome” woman. In my opinion she doesn’t make the best of herself, in terms of her hair, the sun tan, make up (shiny), clothes and shoes. She could look stunning

Ali Keenan is a fab example. On her Instagram page she often shows her totally make up free face and un-styled hair. By the time she’s made up, coiffured and dressed she looks professional, attractive, well groomed and age-appropriate.

Jill is very thin and if the only size they get for a tsv is L or bigger she would need the bulldog clip otherwise it would look like even worse than the majority of Q'as fashion.
I once heard JR say I'm having to wear a medium as they haven't sent a small for me.

I don’t buy the size not being available making the bull dog clip ok. She should just say so in the same way Del Boy says the shoes dont come in her size. It’s totally dishonest as I’m sure viewers the same build as JF order thinking that it is slim fitting when it’s nothing of the sort.

Julia is, to use an old fashioned word, a “handsome” woman. In my opinion she doesn’t make the best of herself, in terms of her hair, the sun tan, make up (shiny), clothes and shoes. She could look stunning

Ali Keenan is a fab example. On her Instagram page she often shows her totally make up free face and un-styled hair. By the time she’s made up, coiffured and dressed she looks professional, attractive, well groomed and age-appropriate.
Ali's hair suits her and her age. Julia still thinks she's 25 😂

Hello I haven’t posted for a good while but visit most days to enjoy the banter and find out about up and coming tsv’s(even though I haven’t bought from Q in ages). I’ve been reading every bodies comments on Julia - I was channel surfing and hit on 660 QVC and Fashion on Friday was on and OMG!! age has caught up with Julia big time - she has luggage under her eyes(so do I of course but I’m not presenting to the nation on a shopping channel) .I’ve always found her professional,if a little catty at times. Her confidence is to be admired but does the woman not have a mirror!! She’s always been good looking but she is nearer to 70 than 60 now - maybe time for an new look? Always a size small with small feet and small yogurt and small bunch of grapes (something she once said) for tea in a small lock and lock. She certainly isn’t fat and her medication has caused her to have a swollen tummy but she ain’t a size 10 that’s for sure,it’s a shame she feels she has to say that. All that said she’s had a bad year of serious I’ll health and I’m so glad she’s come out the other end. Time for a rethink me’s thinks.

Latest posts

Back