Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anybody younger and prettier rubs old 2sizes2small up the wrong way,natures taking it’s course that’s life🤣
I don't think her dyed black long locks and exaggerated fake tan does her any favours, but, for me, she really does look her age now. Really aged in the past few years, and I can imagine she is very envious of the younger presenters and guests - then comes the too tight clothes, use of 'current' language like 'just saying' and catty behaviour - all her trying to keep up, but it's a fight she is rapidly losing. Decent haircut, less fake tan and better fitting clothes and she may still look her age, but would look much better.

Her flirting with Harry today too - made me feel sick, with her hair flicking, flirting and giggling in her tight sparkly skirt.

White women pretending to be black??? Is that a thing??? I'll get called out for impersonating a snowman as I wouldn't go brown if you baked me in a pie ☃️☃️ :LOL::LOL:

CC

Oh FFS ! There has to be a stop to all this 'calling out'. If anyone wants to be offended let them get on with it, they're the ones screwing themselves up with righteousness. I had corn rows put in when visiting the Caribbean a few years ago, because I wanted to tidy up my hair - it kept frizzing up in the heat, and it was a black girl that did it - she was happy, it put money in her pocket. Then not long after there was a big hoo haa about appropriation !!! Equally it works both ways. Most black girls wear wigs in the hairstyles of their white sisters, and certainly on the tele they do. Oti Mabusi has a range of different wigs and is rarely seen with her natural African hair, but we don't see it as anything other than wig wearing so there's nothing to take offence at.

I don't think her dyed black long locks and exaggerated fake tan does her any favours, but, for me, she really does look her age now. Really aged in the past few years, and I can imagine she is very envious of the younger presenters and guests - then comes the too tight clothes, use of 'current' language like 'just saying' and catty behaviour - all her trying to keep up, but it's a fight she is rapidly losing. Decent haircut, less fake tan and better fitting clothes and she may still look her age, but would look much better.

Her flirting with Harry today too - made me feel sick, with her hair flicking, flirting and giggling in her tight sparkly skirt.
Thank you for interesting information!

Halliday is actually a very good presenter. Warm without ramming her personal life and likes down your throat, easygoing and pleasant manner, product aware, let’s her tongue have a rest until it is really needed. Natural and calming to watch. Some of the hysterical immensely irritating ME-MEs presenting on shopping television in general would do well to adopt a similar approach to their work.

I agree.

If the other “shouty” and “me, me, me” presenters took a leaf out of Jilly’s book, QVC would be a lot more bearable to watch. They’re there to sell products, not to deafen customers or bore them rigid about their family lives or book writing pursuits. If they weren’t on a TV department store but in a real one they’d probably have got their marching orders by now.

Oh FFS ! There has to be a stop to all this 'calling out'. If anyone wants to be offended let them get on with it, they're the ones screwing themselves up with righteousness. I had corn rows put in when visiting the Caribbean a few years ago, because I wanted to tidy up my hair - it kept frizzing up in the heat, and it was a black girl that did it - she was happy, it put money in her pocket. Then not long after there was a big hoo haa about appropriation !!! Equally it works both ways. Most black girls wear wigs in the hairstyles of their white sisters, and certainly on the tele they do. Oti Mabusi has a range of different wigs and is rarely seen with her natural African hair, but we don't see it as anything other than wig wearing so there's nothing to take offence at.

Agree.

We all have the right to look as we wish. I have naturally curly hair that if I air-dry looks afro. If someone 'called me out' on it they'd soon get told - and probably in a very offensive way.

Denise on Eastenders has a straight wig she wears. Would any white person ever get offended by it? Not anyone I know but I suppose a lot in the unpleasant-yet-easily-offended folks on the la-la land of social media would.

I worked with an Asian girl who used whitening creams obsessively. She never got any hassle about appropriation.

I think the term MIND YOUR OWN ****** BUSINESS should be used more frequently.

Latest posts

Back