Julia sets a new record!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lipglossaddict

Registered Shopper
WOW..Im impressed ,the susan graver show was only on 3 mins before Julia mentioned ...."Im wearing the small"
That has to be a new record.... :devil:

Immediately followed by 'but I could actually wear the extra small if I wanted it slightly more fitted' Yes luv, in your fantasies. :rolleyes: The manky old Max Walls were getting yet another airing as well. :doh:

Immediately followed by 'but I could actually wear the extra small if I wanted it slightly more fitted' Yes luv, in your fantasies. :rolleyes: The manky old Max Walls were getting yet another airing as well. :doh:

Yes she did, whilst the size chart was on and the chest size for the XS was 36"!

She had the Max Wall look whilst she was on with the Oreck the other night and with a short top, she looked ridiculous. Being a woman in her 50s she has the typical barrel shape from under the bust to the top of the legs and skinny jeans are totally wrong.

Yes she did, whilst the size chart was on and the chest size for the XS was 36"!

She had the Max Wall look whilst she was on with the Oreck the other night and with a short top, she looked ridiculous. Being a woman in her 50s she has the typical barrel shape from under the bust to the top of the legs and skinny jeans are totally wrong.

Yes, I saw that too. I tried hard to concentrate on the product information but was distracted by Julia's outfit. It really wasn't a good look!

It was the exhibition when she was on the Nintendo show on Friday - when she clearly thought she was the Dancing Queen - that finished me off. Agree with all the comments. For pity's sake, grow up Julia and realise you're not the centre of the shopping telly universe. I used to think Ellis Ward was bad but compared to JR she's verging on human!

I've got to the stage where if she is on, QVC goes off as she annoys me so much with her self promotion.

brilliant presenter, still by far the best on ANY shopping telly channel.

we all have our foibles, the max wall's and toe-posts are Julias :happy:

i love her :sun:

Julia did actually refer to herself as looking like Max Wall in leggings on the 8am Susan Graver repeat hour. But I think she was saying that's why she prefers jeggings/skinny jeans.

Back in the days a Size 10 was 32" Bust, 22" Waist, 34" Hips and a Size 12 was a 34" Bust, 24" Waist and 36" Hips.....

It's a long time since i was this size and if JR is a Size 10-12 I'll eat the today's special value with a Knife and Fork!!!

I like Julia as a presenter but all this vanity is too much I am also staring to turn her off.

:mysmilie_468:

Last edited:
I too am sick to the back teeth of the preening, pouting, hair flicking and constant bigging herself up. I did like her when she was a normal human being like the rest of us. I wish someone would kick that pedestal she thinks she is standing on from under her toe post sandals.:tongue:

Saw a bit of it last night - two women-of-a-certain-age preening and pouting over a load of drab looking outfits :thinking: Looked like there was a bit of competition going on :talking: The thinner, prettier, Susan with her longer and glossier mane - and Julia, perched on her stool, swathed in the static-inducing fabric of the tsv on her top half and her max wall outfit on the bottom half. No wonder Julia was putting on her 'posh' voice.

Wasn't the glossy mane a wig ??????? When women of a certain age reach a certain age they certainly DONT have glossy hair like Cheryl Cole - who also wears hair pieces.

Which means in the real world she's a size 14 at least :grin:

Being a woman in her 50s she has the typical barrel shape from under the bust to the top of the legs

Oh goody, I feel more "normal" now.
Can I say I'm a small <s>barrel</s> too?

Last edited:
Did Susan say what size she was wearing? If JR can fit snugly into XS then that other woman must be XXS or size "age 7 to 9"!
:wink:

Being just a couple of years younger than JR, I would just like to point out that not all women 'of a certain age' are barrel-like from under the bust down, nor do we all have crappy hair!
I still have a waist, being small-busted they are still 'perky' :cheeky: and I have very thick,shiny shoulder length hair in very good condition. (hair-flip!) I lost a fair bit when I had cancer but it seems to have grown back thicker, if anything.

Sometimes, when I read thses threads, I feel as though I have no right to leave my house because of the negative stereotypes people put on here about menopausal women! There is noone more critical of women than women, lol!

*whispers* yes Julia gets on my nerves with her constant talk of wearing a size small, and I agree that the Max Wall look really only suits the very young.

I simply cannot understand why she is allowed to wear those jeggings and toe posts. They look skanky.
If I switched on QVC for the first time, I wouldn't know about Julia's great product knowledge, or the fact that she has been there since the outset and has, generally, great presenting skills. I would just take one look at her bottom half and think that she didn't care about how she came across and it would probably distract me. QVC want to keep new viewers - so they should always remember that first impressions count!

Latest posts

Back